The Perth Saints v The Famous Aberdeen

1 hour ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Not disputing much of that,but you can’t want your dislike of CD to affect the clubs future to the extent of hoping we’ll get beat? Relegation could set us back years,my hope is we scrape survival,then can assess things,Broony can’t be blind to how we’re stuck in a long diagonal ball rut,with little or no football being played 

Of course I want Saints to do well, i also want Callum to go. I just don't know the best course of action for both to happen. If Callum scrapes keeping us up I reckon he stays next season. If we go down then frankly everycunt can gtf and Callum should be first out, probably before he even gets to the dressing room after whichever game relegates us.

As the bold Ewan McGregor said "it's a fucking shite state of affairs".

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McDiarmid is the only ground aside from Pittodrie that Aberdeen have won at since the second game of the season and their main striker is on holiday. 

There's zero excuse for not piling pressure onto them 

He’s told half the squad to do one!

Will be the weakest AFC squad in a long time.

25 minutes ago, big al said:

He’s told half the squad to do one!

Will be the weakest AFC squad in a long time.

It's the same squad we've had since January +considine - JET (no loss) - Ramirez (whose only recent contribution was to knock the ball away from goal when clean through). 

Word that McCrorie, Barron and Watkins are all injury doubts too.

However, since there is absolutely no pressure at all on AFC here (other than trying to finish higher than the 10th place of Skovdahl's first season) - then they might actually decide to play well.

However, I very much doubt it and St Johnstone fans shouldn't be worrying too much.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Word that McCrorie, Barron and Watkins are all injury doubts too.

However, since there is absolutely no pressure at all on AFC here (other than trying to finish higher than the 10th place of Skovdahl's first season) - then they might actually decide to play well.

However, I very much doubt it and St Johnstone fans shouldn't be worrying too much.

If we take Goodwin at his word mccrorie is out but watkins and Barron are fine. 

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

and St Johnstone fans shouldn't be worrying too much.

I'm not worried. 

I'm pretty sure we'll find yet another way to f**k it up good and proper. Story of the season. 

There's absolutely still 0% chance that we're finishing above St Johnstone but a hiding from Aberdeen tonight would be fun to at least see the St Johnstone posters on here sweat a little and to make the last game of the season a little bit spicy rather than just a damp squib.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's absolutely still 0% chance that we're finishing above St Johnstone but a hiding from Aberdeen tonight would be fun to at least see the St Johnstone posters on here sweat a little and to make the last game of the season a little bit spicy rather than just a damp squib.

You're not reading the room well if you think 11th or 12th makes any difference to most Saints fans. Chances of us winning the play off is slim.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're not reading the room well if you think 11th or 12th makes any difference to most Saints fans. Chances of us winning the play off is slim.

Possibly but you don't need to win the playoff. Your game plan will be 0-0 draws followed by penalties, surely?

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Championship is absolutely rotten this season. You'll cruise it IMO.

18 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Possibly but you don't need to win the playoff. Your game plan will be 0-0 draws followed by penalties, surely?

That'll be the game plan but we aren't exactly flawless in defence, Arbroath scored 2 in one game against us before we lost Kerr, McCann, Wotherspoon, Kane, and all confidence.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Championship is absolutely rotten this season. You'll cruise it IMO.

Again, Arbroath blew us away before it turned to shite, and even last season we struggled against Championship sides, Dunfermline shouldve beaten us.

Our issue is the mindset is "first to score wins" so we're just utterly reluctant to ever come out our shell early. That means ICT/Arbroath will get a foothold and momentum in the first leg with the crowd behind them. We likely lose it by one, maybe two.

That's us then fucked because we don't score goals at home as the manager has no clue how to make us more attacking. Every time he's tried after we've fallen behind in games we've just looked a disorganised mess.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

It's the same squad we've had since January +considine - JET (no loss) - Ramirez (whose only recent contribution was to knock the ball away from goal when clean through). 

Jenks also away and McCrorie injured