Dundee United FC v Green Arse Cheek sometime soon

34 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

3 minutes before Boys of the Old Brigade, tremendous effort from the travelling support

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t worry I’m sure the Scottish footballing authorities will deal with it in their usual manner.

If you think this song is a matter for the ‘authorities’ to deal with I suggest you keep quiet as clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. A discussion could be had regarding whether it should be sung at the football but it has f**k all do with any power really.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If you think this song is a matter for the ‘authorities’ to deal with I suggest you keep quiet as clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. A discussion could be had regarding whether it should be sung at the football but it has f**k all do with any power really.

Do you think it should be sung at a football match?

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Do you think it should be sung at a football match?

Not really tbh but I wouldn’t go phoning any ‘authorities’ about it as it has no racial/sectarian connotations etc about it. Would be like an English fan complaining about the words to flower of Scotland 

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

09096DEA-E373-44B9-BD5F-ABBC1052A495.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

09096DEA-E373-44B9-BD5F-ABBC1052A495.jpeg

Did you stop reading at the first line or something? 
If it was Roaming in the gloaming I would wholeheartedly agree get it to f**k and penalised but a blanket ban on everything is a dangerous route to go down.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If it was Roaming in the gloaming I would wholeheartedly agree get it to f**k and penalised but a blanket ban on everything is a dangerous route to go down.

Did you read the last para?  

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not really tbh but I wouldn’t go phoning any ‘authorities’ about it as it has no racial/sectarian connotations etc about it. Would be like an English fan complaining about the words to flower of Scotland 

Cambridge dictionary:

3964191D-D20C-4951-B6B9-EBB7575CAC3C.thumb.jpeg.90d30b9bd154781e7f993f0a559ad9fc.jpeg

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I literally highlighted the third para! 😂

Tried to keep it simple for you.

Edited by ArabFC

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Cambridge dictionary:

3964191D-D20C-4951-B6B9-EBB7575CAC3C.thumb.jpeg.90d30b9bd154781e7f993f0a559ad9fc.jpeg

Boys of the Old Brigade isn't sectarian it's a song about Irish independence. Even if it upsets people in Scotland that countries chose to leave the British Empire, it is irrelevant. Ireland is an independent nation recognised by the UN, its not a pariah terrorist state where you can ban anything to do with the country. 

Young striker smashes an effort off the post - immediately substituted.

Brings on centre half Mulgrew in midfield when McDonald is doing fine, minutes after 5ft defender beaten at far post.

Words fucking fail me!

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Wtf are you talking about? You do realise other than potential add ons it has nothing to with the IRA you are thinking of.

I'd be willing to bet that it's not the same IRA the majority of the fannies singing it think it is either...

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Yes that was 10 years ago where the act for that has now been repealed because it was almost impossible to enforce as songs like that were clearly not sectarian.

Wrong again. Google is your friend.