QP v Airdrie /Airdrie V QP Play off FINAL

26 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Seem to remember a rumour that  Quitongo left Aberdeen before joining us because he was caught stealing from the dressing room or something? 

Doesn't seem to be the greatest character in the world and any claims of racism have to be taken extremely seriously but I wouldn't automatically give him the benefit of trusting his word just because he's a black man, especially as the fans he's accusing already have history with his brother over something similar. 

Good on him for getting right up Airdrie fans with the tears comment though. Big fan. 

Couple of folk replying to him on Twitter insinuating he sells gear as well. Sounds a character!

55 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

His folks and Rico were moved on Thursday due to the abuse.

Moved from where?   I'm sure they were not in the airdrie section.   So were was the abuse from and why was it not reported?  

Now today he's saying he received racist and sectarian abuse today.  Their was 2 stewards either  side of the dugout and stewards all down side of pitch so where did this abuse come from today?   

As for his brother his case is only hearsay.   Some reported a shout from the airdrie section and while the club investigated he refused to play.  Even after the club investigated and found no evidence he still wasn't happy however to investigate any further than the club have done would require a police investigation something that the club have done and passed to police.  Sort of some kind of ID parade their isn't more the club can do.   

All kinds of abuse racist or sectarian is wrong and this was said by they club and pretty much every airdrie fan on p&B.    It's wrong also for jai to accusing anyone of this again with no evidence.    

All the best to queens in the championship though.   Deserved the win over the 2 games. 

37 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Well this thread could be turning to shit pretty quickly. I'd rather be celebrating an all too rare QP triumph. Over the season Airdrie were the better team, but a couple of factors probably turned it Queen's way when it mattered - the arrival of Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart, and the return of some of our long term injured players. So far it's not been too pretty under Coyle but he has brought out an intensity and commitment from the players which was lacking in too many games not all that long ago. There's also a basic organisation which was lacking before, witness the brilliant shithousery while still carrying a counter attacking threat once Queen's had taken the extra time lead. Very different from the panic stricken defend the six yard box approach of some games earlier in the season. Over the two ties Queen's were the better team which came as a pleasant surprise to me.

Agree with all this. Conceding only 2 goals in 6 and a half hours of football was key.

37 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

I won't join in the slagging of Airdrie as they have been a good footballing side over the season. Any Airdrie fans I've talked to over the years have been brand new but they do seem to have an unfortunate element which turns up at certain games and which not unnaturally arouses the ire of supporters of other clubs and turns them into a target for all sorts of abuse. A shame really because like the rest of us they're basically just another lower league club struggling to get along.

Yeah, it's easy to forget that most airdrie fans are decent humans like the rest of us and they have every right to be disappointed after being much better than us all season.

Edited by Arachnophile

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's just more believable that an Airdrie fan has. 

Screenshot_20220515-175802.png

Is this tit for tat,  hold on and I will dig out the the press coverage of Jais domestic abuse charge or his various other indiscretions....

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

You probably shouldn’t be so happy. Queen’s Park are another team that will be better than you next season. Would imagine the same with cove. Be another fun season battling relegation for you

After this latest bed-shitting Airdrie won’t even have the chance of being involved in a Championship relegation battle next season.

Yeah, it's easy to forget that most airdrie fans are decent humans like the rest of us and they have every right to be disappointed after being much better than is all season.

Aye. I would never defend someone where there has been any form of abuse been proven. However, it is pretty tiring having to defend this despite there being no evidence.

On the game, the difference was Queen’s Park defence. The boy fox was colossal. Their other defenders were also good. Can’t really argue with the footballing side.

33 minutes ago, Aufc said:

So Quitongo says someone racially abused him and automatically everyone believes him even though no evidence. Airdrie fans say they heard nothing and no one believes them delisted evidence supporting it. Sound

71D0FF8F-9AD9-4672-A839-32024EB678A5.jpeg

Edited by Clown Job

16 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Is this tit for tat,  hold on and I will dig out the the press coverage of Jais domestic abuse charge or his various other indiscretions....

What do his indiscretions have to do with his skin colour? 

What do his indiscretions have to do with his skin colour? 

People are questioning his character. Which would be normal in a court if he was saying he was racially abused when there are multiple other people saying it didn’t happen

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m fairly certain Quitongo was fully acquitted in the domestic abuse case??

It was a not proven verdict. Some of the witness statements from that trial however don’t exactly make for good reading.

Regardless it goes without saying that doesn’t detract from what was said today. Cannae believe you still get football fans giving it the “well I didnae hear it so it didnae happen” pish.

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

People are questioning his character. Which would be normal in a court if he was saying he was racially abused when there are multiple other people saying it didn’t happen

He was suggesting it was tit for tat against an accusation of racism.  As if the tit was his indiscretions and the racism was the tat. 

It was a not proven verdict. Some of the witness statements from that trial however don’t exactly make for good reading.
Regardless it goes without saying that doesn’t detract from what was said today. Cannae believe you still get football fans giving it the “well I didnae hear it so it didnae happen” pish.

I wasn’t there. However, there are multiple people who were there and in the area the abuse supposedly came from who heard nothing. It’s not like league 1 games are overly noisy whereby abuse like that wouldn’t stand out.

15 minutes ago, Aufc said:

This isn’t a court though 

Nice false equivalence

My thoughts on the original Rico incident, and now equally with this Jai Twitter allegation, is that these incidents should have been reported to the police if they feel there was abuse, and the Police deal with it. Perhaps they did/have, in which case I presume it is being dealt with and trust them to do their job. The way it has degenerated into threads like this and online arguments with everybody having an opinion on something they know nothing about, culminating in someone making racial abuse allegations while swigging a bottle of Champagne is a pretty depressing situation all round in which there are no winners. I always thought due process and proper presenting of evidence was quite important, rather than allegations being made with limited/no evidence and then everyone piling on, but I must be old fashioned.

Well done to Queens Park, thought they deserved it over the tie. I had a feeling weeks ago that they'd be the major hurdle to promotion. Very hard side to beat who underachieved over the 36 games through poor management, crap pitch, injuries and seemingly an attitude problem in some games. When you factor that all in and the fact they had 18 draws you see it wouldn't have taken much for them to be a lot closer with a proper manager and Simon Murray fit all season. You see the difference Murray being fit makes to them, they can basically be solid and organised and just ask him to get you a goal, which is what he did in 3 of the ties. Best of luck season next season, like Cove they wont be coming straight back down.

We've been a joy to watch this year and the players gave it everything, but ultimately we've been found wanting in the crucial promotion games. Firstly against Cove who we couldn't beat in 4 attempts. And then in the play-off where we almost blew it against Montrose, and then disappointed against QP. The better teams know how to keep Easton and Frizzel quiet, and without them we struggle to create. There's also a weakness with cross balls, shown again today, which has cost us in these games. Hard to judge next year yet with uncertainty over the manager and what players will be here, but at least there's 4 new teams this year which breaks the monotony a bit of being stuck in this league (trying to find positives!). Also not having to play 8 eye-bleeding games against QP again is a bonus. Best of luck to QP next year.