QP v Airdrie /Airdrie V QP Play off FINAL

Not really. He wasn’t racially abused on Thursday [emoji23]

As for the episode with his brother, it was investigated and nothing was proven. It is a shame how it happened and the club maybe handled it wrong initially but there was no evidence of it.

You could hear absolutely everything that was being shouted aye?

Just think that things like these should be taken more seriously by the club and it’s fans instead of laughing it off.

29 minutes ago, Trump said:

True. This is us about to head into our 4th season here, last season the worst Falkirk team of all time. Airdrie though, 10th consecutive season here? If we’ve absolutely fucked it, what does that make Airdrie?

We have been languishing for years due to poor management/lack of investment and punched way above our weight this season.

What’s your excuse with the budget you have had every year? 

You could hear absolutely everything that was being shouted aye?

Just think that things like these should be taken more seriously by the club and it’s fans instead of laughing it off.

I don’t disagree on your second point and my initial thought was sheer embarrassment. However, there are numerous people who were sitting in the vicinity of the incident with his brother who didn’t hear anything. No one heard anything. It was investigated. The club could have stood by him a bit better whilst it was being investigated.

As for the comment about Thursday, it just seems bizarre he mentions it now rather than at the time. Again, nothing was heard. He was booed yes. Maybe this was a bit shit but this was due to his comments after the whole thing with this brother. Granted he was backing his brother as you would hope he would. However, I go back to my initial point that there was no evidence found.

1 minute ago, KD1711 said:

The old its ok to racially abuse people because they did something wrong once approach? Lets sit back and see how that one plays out. 

16 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Despite Murray deserving full credit for what we done through the entire season, I think he got the subs massively wrong today. After Smith went off, after Afolabi and Gallagher had already went off, there wasn’t really anyone on the pitch I was confident could grab the goal for us. no disrespect to the guys he brought on but it was like we ended the game with a weakened team.

I think there were certain players who played well through the season that weren’t at it at all today and there were too many wrong decisions which made things very difficult. McCabe hardly put a foot wrong but I don’t think others rose to the occasion as he did.

If we keep this squad of players I’ll go confidently into next season and hopefully we can actually win the league rather than deal with these stressful playoffs but keeping this squad may be a big if.

A real sickener.

Yeah this is spot on. Whereas Quitongo and McHugh helped Queen’s Park get further up the park, every one of our subs weakened us. It was pretty clear we weren’t scoring in extra time with a front two of Allan and McGill. The game always had the feel of extra time and penalties but I can’t say I felt confident at all after they equalised early on.

A really disappointing way to end a very good season up until now but no complaints with the result, Queen’s Park undoubtedly deserved it over the two legs. People will complain about the play-offs and us being so far ahead of them in the league but that counts for nothing in knockout football. They were organised, dangerous on the attack and stopped us playing at our best. Charlie Fox was the best player over both games, decent on the ball and won every header. A real colossus at the back for Queen’s Park. 

Queen’s Park are my local team and I quite like to see them do well, just not today! I hope they do well next season, they should improve and I’m glad we won’t be playing them.

As far as Jai Quitongo goes, he got a lot of abuse on Thursday night for being a “wife beating b*****d”, which he heard and laughed at, but never heard anything racist directed at him at either game. It’s disappointing if he has been abused in that way and I really hope he hasn’t. I knew he would be very up for these games given what’s happened with his brother and if he has been racially abused he’s well within his rights to get it right up us. 

Just to be clear, are you suggesting he deserves to be abused for his race and religion or is this whataboutery to downplay the fact he was abused for his race and religion?

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The old its ok to racially abuse people because they did something wrong once approach? Lets sit back and see how that one plays out. 

Point to where I said it’s OK racially abuse someone please. 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Just to be clear, are you suggesting he deserves to be abused for his race and religion or is this whataboutery to downplay the fact he was abused for his race and religion?

Absolutely not. It should have been reported the other night if he was. Agree with other Aufc views about Airdrie handling the situation with his brother poorly too.

11 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Not really. He wasn’t racially abused on Thursday emoji23.png

As for the episode with his brother, it was investigated and nothing was proven. It is a shame how it happened and the club maybe handled it wrong initially but there was no evidence of it.

His folks and Rico were moved on Thursday due to the abuse.

Absolutely not. It should have been reported the other night if he was. Agree with other Aufc views about Airdrie handling the situation with his brother poorly too.

So why bring it up? 

What relevance does it have to him being abused for his skin colour and religion today? 

Im struggling to see the connection 

42 minutes ago, Trump said:

True. This is us about to head into our 4th season here, last season the worst Falkirk team of all time. Airdrie though, 10th consecutive season here? If we’ve absolutely fucked it, what does that make Airdrie?

Given we’ve not had anywhere near the highest budget in the league for any of the ten seasons we’ve been in this league…

Someone getting abuse at a football game shock. As I have said before, there was no evidence of racial abuse found with his brother.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Genuinely curious why this wasn’t reported if this was the case. There would be witnesses about and you would think they would be all over it especially with what  Rico had said about the abuse when he played with Airdrie.

So why bring it up? 
What relevance does it have to him being abused for his skin colour and religion today? 
Im struggling to see the connection 

I think what he is saying is calling into the question the character of someone who is making accusations with no evidence. There is actual factual evidence of him being a horrible individual (wife beater and homophobic abuse). Yet here we are being accused of racist abuse when there is no evidence. All a bit bizarre.

This is not me being “typical airdrie”. If it has been proven then I would be the first to condone and offer apologies.