QP v Airdrie /Airdrie V QP Play off FINAL

Breaking news. Following complaints from Airdrie about the low number of QP fans the SPFL held an emergency meeting last night. They have decided to void the playoffs and have awarded the promotion to Falkirk. Next season the promotion into the championship will be restricted to  teams with an average home gate of 2500 or above. 

Absolutely delighted to see it was Dylan Easton that gave away the penalty btw
Great player but a constant pain. Begging for yellow cards throughout game and his pathetic dive to try and win a penalty. Although I do think he perfected his dive 2nd time about when he fell to the floor after giving the penalty away 
96C2B8E2-B62E-4FF1-A838-2FB938909B84.thumb.png.335960cb59dcee27ae008c193ed31783.png

Best player in the league and best player on the park on the day. Ironic then that he essentially cost us the game with losing the ball in the middle of the park and the fouling Murray.

Don’t think it was a dive. Wasn’t a penalty but he was blocked. Can’t really remember him
Calling for yellow cards. He does get fouled a lot.

Commiserations to Airdrie, they were outstanding this season and very unfortunate that Cove were so resillient over the course of the campaign. And congratulations to Queens Park - I think they were the better team over the 2 games. QP were pretty lucky to be in a playoff position IMO, thanks to the rest of the league (ourselves included) being shite for the majority of the season.

Best player in the league and best player on the park on the day. Ironic then that he essentially cost us the game with losing the ball in the middle of the park and the fouling Murray.

Don’t think it was a dive. Wasn’t a penalty but he was blocked. Can’t really remember him
was it not Frizzell who was dispossessed by Jack Thomson?

On 15/05/2022 at 16:44, D'Jaffo said:

You could hear absolutely everything that was being shouted aye?

Just think that things like these should be taken more seriously by the club and it’s fans instead of laughing it off.

But it could be clearly heard from further away, aye?

27 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:
38 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I just went back and watched it. Easton passed to Frizzell who was dispossessed by Thomson. Hard to say whether it was Eastons pass or Frizzell not reacting quick enough that was at fault, but both were tiring whereas Thomson was still relatively fresh.

32 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:
44 minutes ago, Aufc said:

It was indeed from a poor pass by Easton. Two of our best players this season but that's the irony of football. On QP I also thought Fox was outstanding and just the type of  CB we should have looked for, and the midfield changes made by Coyle from the first leg certainly caught Airdrie out.  Still feeling sore but that's life in the seaside leagues when you miss out again.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
Spelling

What a perfomance over the four play-off matches. Always had a feeling that finishing second was more of a poisoned chalice and so it has proven; Arbroath, Airdire and Forfar all missing out this year.

As for the Seaside League, am looking forward to day trips to Cove, Kirkcaldy, Greenock, Ayr and of course my old favourite Arbroath.  

5 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

A black player says he's suffered racist abuse and you've got folk in this thread accusing him of being a thief and a drug dealer. What year is this again?

A year where you equate people questioning someone's character to their skin colour with zero self awareness that the casual racism is actually coming  from your stereotyping and linking rumours about his past to the colour of his skin rather than the seperate people who have put (admittedly rumours) on the thread with no connection at all to what race he is? 

I just went back and watched it. Easton passed to Frizzell who was dispossessed by Thomson. Hard to say whether it was Eastons pass or Frizzell not reacting quick enough that was at fault, but both were tiring whereas Thomson was still relatively fresh.
Incidentally thought Owen Coyle got all his substitutions spot on [emoji108]Thomson, McHugh and Quitongo all had a positive impact [emoji106]

The work Thomson does in the build up to the penalty is outstanding. He got criticised throughout the season but I do think there’s a player there hopefully 
Not useless then... Maybe Beuker's a better judge of a young player than the guys giving Thomson dog's abuse [emoji848]

37 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

The work Thomson does in the build up to the penalty is outstanding. He got criticised throughout the season but I do think there’s a player there hopefully 

Yeah I think there’s a player there. I’ve been critical of him this season but he seems to have developed a lot more physically and looks a lot more powerful going forward. I don’t think you’d see him make that kind of bursting run to win the penalty at the start of the season. Far from the finished article and does have his hairy moments but interested to see what next season holds for him here 

Edited by qpfc

Apologies for continuing the crowd w**k theme, but anyone know what the attendance was yesterday? 

3026 apparently. I thought maybe a few more than that.

Enjoy the Championship. Will be interesting to see how you do considering they think they’re that far ahead of L1 clubs. Recruitment is key but I think you have the right management team in to take you further.

3026 apparently. I thought maybe a few more than that.

Enjoy the Championship. Will be interesting to see how you do considering they think they’re that far ahead of L1 clubs. Recruitment is key but I think you have the right management team in to take you further.

3831 now been posted elsewhere. Sounds a lot more realistic.

23 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Lol, aye it's embarrassing for Rico and not for the club who have now been accused of racially abusing two brothers in one season.

19 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

A black player says he's suffered racist abuse and you've got folk in this thread accusing him of being a thief and a drug dealer. What year is this again?

I'll make this absolutely clear, there was no racist abuse on Thursday night. I'll not comment on the alleged incident involving Rico earlier in the season as I wasn't there.

Thursday night there were numerous chants of "wife beating b*****d" towards a man who had allegedly assaulted his partner, an allegation which she had backed up until it went to court which is standard in domestic abuse cases. I won't comment on the allegations of drug dealing as he's never supplied me so I have no first hand knowledge.

Had there been any racist abuse which the player was able to hear while on the pitch then it would clearly have been heard by other supporters in the stand or other players on the pitch and contrary to the stereotype of Airdrie fans we aren't actually all Tommy Robinson/Donald Trump loving, Union flag waving neanderthals. Not one other player supported this claim by Quitongo which he would have been better reporting in the immediate aftermath of the match rather than wait until the next one and make the claim on Instagram or whatever social media channel he used. The fact that no other person has heard this abuse leads me to believe that as well as the player having questionable standards of behaviour towards women he's also a lying b*****d. 

Why would he lie? 2 reasons spring to mind, 1. some ill informed means of showing solidarity with his brother and 2. he's an attention seeking p***k.

I do hope that ultimately there can be a line drawn under the alleged incident involving Rico and the handling of the matter by the club as a result of his litigation, one way or another.

However the incident in question doesn't stop me being of the opinion that the Quitongo brothers have acted like exceptional arseholes in recent days. 

Edited by Mybitchunderprotest
Predictive text typo(s)