QP v Airdrie /Airdrie V QP Play off FINAL

13 minutes ago, Xanadu2112 said:

Enjoy your success QP you really did deserve it over the two legs no arguments with the result.

Bringing 300-400 supporters to a play off final is fine, but doesn’t suggest you’ve got an amazing basis but because you’ve got substantial financial backing its fine, in the short term. Please be careful in the long term.

It’s got that Gretna whiff.

Enjoy the ride tho!

you had more fans... :(

we had more goals...:)

bet you'd like to swap 🤣

2 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

I know nothing about this case but I'll just point out that "not proven" is in fact a verdict of acquittal. This is made plain by the judge to all jury members at a trial.

I mean yes, it is an acquittal, but the very concept is a bad one which is massively exacerbated in cases of e.g. domestic violence. That's why there have been calls to do away with it, thus far unfortunately unsuccessfully, for years.

Similar in a way to that of Airdrie, in fact.

32 minutes ago, Xanadu2112 said:

Bringing 300-400 supporters to a play off final is fine

So what you're saying is that they wouldn't even quarter-fill their own ground in such a situation?

'The pitch is a big leveller. Wait 'till we get them back to Airdrie and we can play our fancy football'. 
Delighted for the team, their passion, teamwork and organisation. A tortuous 210 minutes, but an historic victory to remember, and worth the miserable trips to Peterhead and Montrose, and all the one ones. It's really too early to say, but the Coyle era could well be exactly the right person at the right time. 
Yes, it's not fair, and hard one to take if you're an Airdrie fan. They were excellent and relentless this season. In my view a better footballing team than Cove.
It's particularly unfair on Dylan Easton. An annoying wee shite, simply because he is a very good footballer.
I hope Airdrie can retain the best of their team, and their manager, although I wonder if Rhys McCabe fancies Championship football.

Aye I actually think we played the better football yesterday but counts for nothing. Our strikers didn’t turn up. Well they weren’t allowed to turn up by queens defence.

Good to see some of the queens support have been enjoying their night. Hopefully you are suffering horrendous hangovers today

On 08/05/2022 at 13:14, Diamond1924 said:

This Airdrie team are frightening. They were absolutely relentless yesterday and just did not stop despite being dead and buried. Not many teams will score 6 against Montrose. 

Whatever hoodoo we had about the playoffs is most certainly out the windae now!

Our games with QP have been tight affairs besides that 2-0 win at home. They’re a big stuffy side with good players but I’m hopeful. 

I certainly think Montrose was the hardest draw of the playoffs and I would’ve been happy with either QP or Dunfermline in the final. 

Let’s do this Airdrie and get back up to the championship. Every neutral I’ve spoken with has exclaimed how well we play. Time to show it when it matters. 

Mon the Airdrie ♦️

image.gif.160d451a09b6bd1c215cb6b567dce988.gif

9 hours ago, Xanadu2112 said:

Bringing 300-400 supporters to a play off final is fine, but doesn’t suggest you’ve got an amazing basis but because you’ve got substantial financial backing its fine, in the short term. Please be careful in the long term.

Enjoy the ride tho!

Quite a few literally couldn’t get to Airdrie due to their trains being cancelled last minute and the supporters buses being full. But hey ho 🤷‍♂️ 

Incredible day. As I said on Twitter, I think I would die for Charlie Fox. He’s been phenomenal this season and as even the Airdrie fans have said, over the 2 legs in the final he didn’t put a foot wrong. Makes Laurie Ellis dropping him for 6 games earlier this season all the more bizarre. 

Simon Murray being fit also played a major part in our success. Of course he scored in both, but the difference even his running made was pivotal. Owen Coyle knows what he is doing. To end that game with McHugh, Murray and Quitongo on the pitch would have been unheard of even 2 months ago. We would score then get deeper and deeper until we inevitably conceded. Our time wasting at the end was also f*cking marvelous.

We will defo need a good few signings for next season, and I can’t wait. 

1 hour ago, Gall09 said:

Quite a few literally couldn’t get to Airdrie due to their trains being cancelled last minute and the supporters buses being full. But hey ho 🤷‍♂️

Yep. The train cancellations were due to a dispute between ScotRail and ASLEF. Had my trip to Airdrie all planned out starting with the 10.53 from Mount Florida but that was kyboshed. Investigated the possibility of the bus but it seems (and is this true?) that there was no direct service from Glasgow to Airdrie. You have to go to Cumbernauld or (good God) Motherwell and change there. That may be my last chance to see QP win some glory as I have a feeling that I may well be in the great North Enclosure in the sky by the time such a day comes round again, although it should be noted that despite this season's struggles we are in theory still on track for winning the Champions League in 24/25.

11 hours ago, Xanadu2112 said:

Enjoy your success QP you really did deserve it over the two legs no arguments with the result.

Enjoy the ride tho!

5D9A0886-EF6D-4388-9AB6-7C047C95CC4D.gif.c57d95453d6751ef67746916cdc9c261.gif

A black player says he's suffered racist abuse and you've got folk in this thread accusing him of being a thief and a drug dealer. What year is this again?

Anyway, yesterday was f*cking sublime. The players would have deserved a lot of credit for the intensity and commitment they've shown over the past four games, regardless of how it turned out, but to manage to get over the line shows the character in this side.

Folk have rightly pointed out how sensational Fox was (can't remember the last time I saw such a dominant performance from a centre half), but I thought Tommy Robson had a great game yesterday as well, quietly turning into one of our better players. He's got a decent bit of pace about him, but he also reads the game really well and is rarely caught out of position. Connor Smith also merits a mention for turning it around. Thought he was very disappointing against Dunfermline, but Thursday night was his best performance in a Queen's jersey, only for him to go and top it yesterday. Would have thought Hearts would be happy for him to get a season of Championship football with us next season.

Try getting to Airdrie from the south side of Glasgow when there’s a train strike! Bus services are all but non existent. I left the southside four hours before kick off (0900) to get the only feasible train at 1015 and then spent a miserable few hours wandering around Airdrie. Not Aidrie’s fault, not Queen’s fault but that’s the reality.

5 hours ago, Xanadu2112 said:

99A2BC51-32FA-424C-A902-74D78E41BC20.jpeg

It’s almost like when the players aren’t on the pitch some fans go into the concourse. Tragic day for Airdrie fans if this is all you won at. Should be fun next season though when you and Clyde meet up for relegation battles and argue who had the bigger crowd in the 1980s.

A black player says he's suffered racist abuse and you've got folk in this thread accusing him of being a thief and a drug dealer. What year is this again?
Anyway, yesterday was f*cking sublime. The players would have deserved a lot of credit for the intensity and commitment they've shown over the past four games, regardless of how it turned out, but to manage to get over the line shows the character in this side.
Folk have rightly pointed out how sensational Fox was (can't remember the last time I saw such a dominant performance from a centre half), but I thought Tommy Robson had a great game yesterday as well, quietly turning into one of our better players. He's got a decent bit of pace about him, but he also reads the game really well and is rarely caught out of position. Connor Smith also merits a mention for turning it around. Thought he was very disappointing against Dunfermline, but Thursday night was his best performance in a Queen's jersey, only for him to go and top it yesterday. Would have thought Hearts would be happy for him to get a season of Championship football with us next season.

Not at all. People are saying that there is a lack of evidence to the persons claims whilst also calling into question the character of someone who is a known drug dealer, wife beater and homophobe. It’s not really overly outrageous to be horrified initially when it came out but then question the lack of evidence/police intervention further down the lines, especially when the brother of the initial victim makes an additional claim.

It’s almost like when the players aren’t on the pitch some fans go into the concourse. Tragic day for Airdrie fans if this is all you won at. Should be fun next season though when you and Clyde meet up for relegation battles and argue who had the bigger crowd in the 1980s.

The crowd chat is boring now. Who cares who brought how many. You guys won. Enjoy it.

Absolutely delighted to see it was Dylan Easton that gave away the penalty btw

Great player but a constant pain. Begging for yellow cards throughout game and his pathetic dive to try and win a penalty. Although I do think he perfected his dive 2nd time about when he fell to the floor after giving the penalty away 

96C2B8E2-B62E-4FF1-A838-2FB938909B84.png

Edited by qpfc