QP v Airdrie /Airdrie V QP Play off FINAL

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

So why bring it up? 

What relevance does it have to him being abused for his skin colour and religion today? 

Im struggling to see the connection 

The connection is he was holding a bottle of alcohol and I’ve made a joke relating to his previous. 

Looks like Quitongo will be getting cancelled by the woke brigade as there is numerous old tweets been brought up with him using homophobic language. 

That was a good final and you would’ve been a brave man to call it either way, but I think over the two legs QP probably deserved it. Getting Coyle in when they did has probably won them promotion. I don’t think even the most ardent QP fan would say they’ve been better than Airdrie over the course of the season, but I suppose that’s the beauty of the play offs. 

Edited by ScottR96

10 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Someone getting abuse at a football game shock. As I have said before, there was no evidence of racial abuse found with his brother.

christ alive, do you expect every shout at a football game to be recorded? deplorable fanbase 

christ alive, do you expect every shout at a football game to be recorded? deplorable fanbase 

Not really. But as I said, there are several people who were in the supposed vicinity of the shout and they all said they never heard anything.

15 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Not really. But as I said, there are several people who were in the supposed vicinity of the shout and they all said they never heard anything.

Of course they will, fans aren't going to grass on their own, especially fans of a club with a reputation for right wing racist scumbags in their support when their fellow fans are acting like right wing racist fucking scumbags. 

Fairplay to qp better on the day and deserved the win[emoji1303] all the best in championship next season.
Not surprised tho to see more lies from one of the quitongos absolutely love the attention those boys

Seem to remember a rumour that  Quitongo left Aberdeen before joining us because he was caught stealing from the dressing room or something? 

Doesn't seem to be the greatest character in the world and any claims of racism have to be taken extremely seriously but I wouldn't automatically give him the benefit of trusting his word just because he's a black man, especially as the fans he's accusing already have history with his brother over something similar. 

Good on him for getting right up Airdrie fans with the tears comment though. Big fan. 

41 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Genuinely curious why this wasn’t reported if this was the case. There would be witnesses about and you would think they would be all over it especially with what  Rico had said about the abuse when he played with Airdrie.

Weird that they were in the Airdrie end...

Well this thread could be turning to shit pretty quickly. I'd rather be celebrating an all too rare QP triumph. Over the season Airdrie were the better team, but a couple of factors probably turned it Queen's way when it mattered - the arrival of Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart, and the return of some of our long term injured players. So far it's not been too pretty under Coyle but he has brought out an intensity and commitment from the players which was lacking in too many games not all that long ago. There's also a basic organisation which was lacking before, witness the brilliant shithousery while still carrying a counter attacking threat once Queen's had taken the extra time lead. Very different from the panic stricken defend the six yard box approach of some games earlier in the season. Over the two ties Queen's were the better team which came as a pleasant surprise to me.

I won't join in the slagging of Airdrie as they have been a good footballing side over the season. Any Airdrie fans I've talked to over the years have been brand new but they do seem to have an unfortunate element which turns up at certain games and which not unnaturally arouses the ire of supporters of other clubs and turns them into a target for all sorts of abuse. A shame really because like the rest of us they're basically just another lower league club struggling to get along.

Of course they will, fans aren't going to grass on their own, especially fans of a club with a reputation for right wing racist scumbags in their support when their fellow fans are acting like right wing racist fucking scumbags. 

So Quitongo says someone racially abused him and automatically everyone believes him even though no evidence. Airdrie fans say they heard nothing and no one believes them delisted evidence supporting it. Sound

In all seriousness it has to be said, hat off to Coyle. He's got his tactics absolutely spot on in all 4 play-off games. Fox (albeit to be expected given his standard), Grant and Murray churning out massive performances also. Excellent shithousery; Airdrie have been an outstanding side across the season. 

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

So Quitongo says someone racially abused him and automatically everyone believes him even though no evidence. Airdrie fans say they heard nothing and no one believes them delisted evidence supporting it. Sound

It's just more believable that an Airdrie fan has. 

Screenshot_20220515-175802.png

Edited by itzdrk
No doubt Airdrie had an internal investigation that found no evidence

Well this thread could be turning to shit pretty quickly. I'd rather be celebrating an all too rare QP triumph. Over the season Airdrie were the better team, but a couple of factors probably turned it Queen's way when it mattered - the arrival of Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart, and the return of some of our long term injured players. So far it's not been too pretty under Coyle but he has brought out an intensity and commitment from the players which was lacking in too many games not all that long ago. There's also a basic organisation which was lacking before, witness the brilliant shithousery while still carrying a counter attacking threat once Queen's had taken the extra time lead. Very different from the panic stricken defend the six yard box approach of some games earlier in the season. Over the two ties Queen's were the better team which came as a pleasant surprise to me.
I won't join in the slagging of Airdrie as they have been a good footballing side over the season. Any Airdrie fans I've talked to over the years have been brand new but they do seem to have an unfortunate element which turns up at certain games and which not unnaturally arouses the ire of supporters of other clubs and turns them into a target for all sorts of abuse. A shame really because like the rest of us they're basically just another lower league club struggling to get along.

Good post[emoji1303] all the best for next season