QP v Airdrie /Airdrie V QP Play off FINAL

36 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Was that the old boy on the end of the row with the walking stick? If so he was in front of me and was a massive pain in the fucking arse with his negativity all night. 

This guy was more central in the row. Must spread themselves out so the abuse can be heard all the way down the touchline. 

59 minutes ago, an86 said:

Sort of crowd are we expecting on Sunday?

At least 18,000 home fans, with a mixture of hooligan nudgers, 45 guys who look like Tommy Robinson, the Chelsea headhunters, the Republican National Convention, a Nuremberg rally and a hundred wee old boys in car coats calling Iain Murray "Alex MacDonald" and challenging him to a square go behind the pavillion.

6 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

At least 18,000 home fans, with a mixture of hooligan nudgers, 45 guys who look like Tommy Robinson, the Chelsea headhunters, the Republican National Convention, a Nuremberg rally and a hundred wee old boys in car coats calling Iain Murray "Alex MacDonald" and challenging him to a square go behind the pavillion.

And one dafty who seems to equate wearing a black jacket to fascism...

10 hours ago, harlowspider said:

Large. Sevco game is Saturday.

Do you guys get a better support when they aren't playing ? Help you boost the numbers a bit at least. 

Edited by Rossm25

20 hours ago, Aufc said:

However, as I have said, why were you only dreaming of 4th place? Your budget and infrastructure is one of (if not) the highest/most expensive in the league so you would have been expected to finish higher than 4th.

Our budget being one of the highest does not equate to immediate success. Infrastructure is fledging at best, although I have lofty expectations in this regard. 

Last August looking rationally at the squads, the management, and their overall experience in this league; Cove, Airdrie, Montrose and Falkirk all looked stronger.

Out of our four recognised forwards only one was available and that has been the case for most of the season.   

Hence 4th, in my opinion, was the best we could realistically aim for.   

Our budget being one of the highest does not equate to immediate success. Infrastructure is fledging at best, although I have lofty expectations in this regard. 
Last August looking rationally at the squads, the management, and their overall experience in this league; Cove, Airdrie, Montrose and Falkirk all looked stronger.
Out of our four recognised forwards only one was available and that has been the case for most of the season.   
Hence 4th, in my opinion, was the best we could realistically aim for.   

It does if you spend it right. You had the biggest budget and therefore should have brought in the best players which should have won you the league. Even if the teams mentioned above did have stronger squads as you say, your budget should have allowed you to improve it to be better than the above.

21 minutes ago, Aufc said:

It does if you spend it right. You had the biggest budget and therefore should have brought in the best players which should have won you the league. Even if the teams mentioned above did have stronger squads as you say, your budget should have allowed you to improve it to be better than the above.

the club has (eventually) made it clear that instant success is not the goal and the vision is about us developing talent rather than just shipping it in. 

will it work?

watch this space.

the club has (eventually) made it clear that instant success is not the goal and the vision is about us developing talent rather than just shipping it in. 
will it work?
watch this space.

I think that always sounds good in practise. But it only works if the team on the park is successful as that increases the reputation of the whole club. You will continue to bring in expensive players to move uo the leagues whilst you build the infrastructure in the background.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I think that always sounds good in practise. But it only works if the team on the park is successful as that increases the reputation of the whole club. You will continue to bring in expensive players to move uo the leagues whilst you build the infrastructure in the background.

Maybe. However, all our "big names" were signed by Ray McKinnon. Since he left, we have mainly signed young and (hopefully) upcoming players.

12 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Maybe. However, all our "big names" were signed by Ray McKinnon. Since he left, we have mainly signed young and (hopefully) upcoming players.

You've got to get the balance right. We tried that previously and ended up with too many young, supposedly promising players and not enough experience. Have struck a far better balance this season and its paid dividends. 

Well, paid so far. Just need to finish the job on Sunday now. ♦️💪♦️

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

4 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

You've got to get the balance right. We tried that previously and ended up with too many young, supposedly promising players and not enough experience. Have struck a far better balance this season and its paid dividends.

I completely agree. Fortunately, we still have plenty of McKinnon's Dad s army on the books.

12 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Well, paid so far. Just need to finish the job on Sunday now. ♦️💪♦️

Yep! And that’s what this season has mostly taught us, getting that balance. And I think our season has shown that precisely, fitful is how I could best describe it.

Despite the urban myth nearly all the playing squad is made up from frees, mostly the McKinnon era, loanees or the better parts of the youth system. The whole salary structure is hearsay too and only a handful at the club would know the exact numbers. McKinnon’s departure, and a very public statement from the club on why he left, proved that his purchases were only to get us out of L2 which was the club’s primary target as there was a real fear of hitting the Lowland league, never to be seen again. After he left, the only published buy was Liam Brown. We have had loanees this season from Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Liverpool but that’s not about money per se, they have all been impressed with the playing & training regime.

The club will have another massive transition next season regardless of Sunday. We’ll be expected to win L1 or sit bottom half of the Champ so maybe 3-6 league places of a difference. The higher we go the more difficult it is to work in the youngbloods. Most of the McKinnon Originals will be moving along. Great faith has been put in Beuker and Coyle to transform us for the next push in less than 2 months, although I’d hope it’s well under way by now. We’ll still have old men howling at players for a while yet.

Over and above all that, off the pitch there’s been a series of events that harks back to the inexperience of being an amateur team in a professional league while in the same timescale newcomers to the club single-mindedly pushing on with their agenda on the club’s future development. We have a long-term plan for the club’s growth and stability, a medium term plan for the football development and now thanks to Coyle arriving a short term plan to get up to the next level. There will be bumps on the road of course, but I’d wager most clubs’ directors wish they were on the same journey. Including a few in the Championship.

Thanks for viewing…must go….pyro shop closes at 1pm and I’ve got flute practise at 3. All together now….

22 minutes ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

On the subject of budgets… how does it all stack up? Falkirk having the highest? Cove or Queens Park after that? Would say we’re maybe around 4th place?

The budget ranking goes The world Bank>The IMF>Falkirk's navy blue pound>the Rothschilds>America>The UAE>The Kelty "mystery money"> African warlords combined offshore accounts>Queens Park's chequebook>the rest of the world.

Tomorrows game brings us to the conclusion of game 8(eight) of the epic Airdrie QP drawmaggedon season long borefest that nobody asked for or indeed,having sat through five of them personally,will recover from without a bottle of mind bleach and electroshock therapy.

At the very least  we dont have to see these coma inducing shitfesters outside of the cups next season and I'm happy with that.

Sometimes football itself is the true winner.

Mon eh diamonds.