QP v Airdrie /Airdrie V QP Play off FINAL

1 hour ago, Rossm25 said:

Also worth noting the club acted pretty quickly to clear the park. 

But yes absolute hooligans, the horror and shock of seeing kids dancing and singing with Afolabi was frightening...

Exactly the reason I wont take the wee man anymore.  This rich vein of form has really brought out the sickening side of football off the park. Sort it out Airdrie.

5 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Exactly the reason I wont take the wee man anymore.  This rich vein of form has really brought out the sickening side of football off the park. Sort it out Airdrie.

Surely banning orders for all kids involved.  Or until they get airdrie tops from santa to wear to games.

8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Didn’t hear anything about this…all black outfits not really the Airdrie colours? After the recent assaults on Cove fans I’d have thought the club would have done more to try and can these hooligans. 🤔

My son ran on at the final whistle. 

He's 9. 

Big bad hooligan. 😂😂

Dearie me! Touched a few raw nerves there. Fact is it’s a criminal offence (The Football Offences. Act 1991) to encroach on the field of play and like it or not, Airdrie has a bit of form with football hooliganism. I notice all the protestors completely ignored the reference to the boy from Cove getting jumped when he was getting on his coach home, just a few weeks ago. And whether the fans are 9 or 69 is irrelevant. YouTube has loads of videos of pitch invasions that start off us “fun” and end up badly.

The all-black uniform is designed to make it hard for authorities to identify troublemakers. It was also the choice of colour for fascists in the Second World War, most notably the SS. I haven’t seen those types when we visit Airdrie. They only come out the shadows when there’s a big crowd and they can get away with lax security compared to where they normally watch their football. I’ve no doubt you’ll have your local UB interlopers on Sunday. 

I’m surprised so many Airdrie fans think this is okay. These day trippers could be getting your club in trouble. Think you’ll ever see these guys in Peterhead on a cold winter Tuesday night shouting for Airdrie? It’s just as much fun singing and dancing in the stand as it is running around a pitch. Don’t let the shadow warriors spoil your day.

17 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Airdrie had a much poorer opening to the season that Cove did but it is worth pointing out that Cove were just as relentless as Airdrie were in the closing part of the season. Both only dropped 12 points each in the second half of the season.

Fancy Airdrie to win this over the two legs.

I think everyone outside QP fancies Airdrie to win the tie. Owen Coyle will see that as an advantage.

18 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Seen a few comments on Twitter saying that Dunfermline had done enough to warrant a win. Would you agree? The highlights showed that both team had good chances.

Game at Firhill could have got fitba’ banned. A deserved 0-0 draw. They should have scored at East End Park, but we should also have scored a minute into the game and had a couple of other decent looks at goal. Airdrie should be a bigger goal threat and we shouldn’t leak as much as Montrose did. 

The thing with the Airdrie team is that you look through it and there’s just no real weaknesses. No guys living off reputations. Just guys who will go out and do the job required of them. We need to match their attitude tonight and on Sunday. Given Airdrie’s love of late drama, no lead would be big enough to relax on either. 

30 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Dearie me! Touched a few raw nerves there. Fact is it’s a criminal offence (The Football Offences. Act 1991) to encroach on the field of play and like it or not, Airdrie has a bit of form with football hooliganism. I notice all the protestors completely ignored the reference to the boy from Cove getting jumped when he was getting on his coach home, just a few weeks ago. And whether the fans are 9 or 69 is irrelevant. YouTube has loads of videos of pitch invasions that start off us “fun” and end up badly.

The all-black uniform is designed to make it hard for authorities to identify troublemakers. It was also the choice of colour for fascists in the Second World War, most notably the SS. I haven’t seen those types when we visit Airdrie. They only come out the shadows when there’s a big crowd and they can get away with lax security compared to where they normally watch their football. I’ve no doubt you’ll have your local UB interlopers on Sunday. 

I’m surprised so many Airdrie fans think this is okay. These day trippers could be getting your club in trouble. Think you’ll ever see these guys in Peterhead on a cold winter Tuesday night shouting for Airdrie? It’s just as much fun singing and dancing in the stand as it is running around a pitch. Don’t let the shadow warriors spoil your day.

There is a hell of a lot of things you can attack Airdrie fans but having a go at a few supporters running onto the pitch celebrating a pretty emotional win and unbelievable come back is certainly not one of them.

All of the supporters who ran on as far as I could see up in the stand caused no trouble and were just singing songs and getting a few selfie with the players. I celebrated in the stand personally but each to their own.

Your reference regarding the attack on the Cove fan has been widely condemned by every decent Airdrie fan on social media and on P&B. As an Airdrie fan i hate this type of behaviour more than anyone.

Also the guy that does the OTL podcast actually raised almost £2000 on a go fund me page to help the guy with his dental costs.

Also to say that anyone who wears casual clothing to the football is a thug is ridiculous. There is a small minority of idiots in every support but I don't think anyone that is not in a teams colours to the game is a thug.

During big games youre going to attract loads of people who this will have been there first Airdrie game of the season. I don't care if those who go on Saturday if they is there first game or 50th game of the season.

I'd imagine if Queens Park win promotion There will be a pitch invasion of some description. Will be interesting if you condome the sort of behaviour at the game if that happens.

Edited by David Fernández

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bet you are some fun at parties mate.

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

There is a hell of a lot of things you can attack Airdrie fans but having a go at a few supporters running onto the pitch celebrating a pretty emotional win and unbelievable come back is certainly not one of them.

All of the supporters who ran on as far as I could see up in the stand caused no trouble and were just singing songs and getting a few selfie with the players. I celebrated in the stand personally but each to their own.

Your reference regarding the attack on the Cove fan has been widely condemned by every decent Airdrie fan on social media and on P&B. As an Airdrie fan i hate this type of behaviour more than anyone.

Also the guy that does the OTL podcast actually raised almost £2000 on a go fund me page to help the guy with his dental costs.

Also to say that anyone who wears casual clothing to the football is a thug is ridiculous. There is a small minority of idiots in every support but I don't think anyone that is not in a teams colours to the game is a thug.

During big games youre going to attract loads of people who this will have been there first Airdrie game of the season. I don't care if those who go on Saturday if they is there first game or 50th game of the season.

I'd imagine if Queens Park win promotion There will be a pitch invasion of some description. Will be interesting if you condome the sort of behaviour at the game if that happens.

This is a good, well informed post.

Stop it please. 

Nervous yet?

It looks like it might be a nice evening for a game. Expect we'll bring a healthy support along and hopefully QP do the same after an outstanding result in the last round. 

I don't really anticipate either team taking a doing in this opening leg so the tie is almost certain to be alive come Sunday. I'm curious to see just how different QP look under Coyle, and I'm wary of their clear improvement, but after Saturday, it really is impossible not to be confident. A win at firhill would be a bit of a collectors item for us in recent years, so smart money is probably on a score draw tonight, but I'll stick my neck out and predict a wee 1-2. 

Fearing a penalty shoot-out finale I have to admit, but hey ho. If that's how it goes, then that's the way the mop flops. 

Just keep yourselves in it, Airdrie. The home second leg should suit us better. The players will have atomic-powered belief after THAT game, so here's hoping they use that and run right through the opposition. 

Seeing people estimating around 1k airdrie fans going tonight, should be a cracking atmosphere if so. Absolutely buzzing but nervous at the same time, would take a draw tonight to leave us to do the business at home on Sunday; however I’d give my left leg for an airdrie win tonight. Mon the Diamonds[emoji3532]

1 hour ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Seeing people estimating around 1k airdrie fans going tonight, should be a cracking atmosphere if so. Absolutely buzzing but nervous at the same time, would take a draw tonight to leave us to do the business at home on Sunday; however I’d give my left leg for an airdrie win tonight. Mon the Diamondsemoji3532.png

That would be brilliant if we brought those kind of numbers tonight. This team deserve double that! 

1 hour ago, 2lgm said:

Anyone advise what parking availability is like. around Firhill?

Murano Street, up behind the away end, as I understand it. Don’t take that as gospel, but has been a popular answer on previous match threads. Taking no responsibility if yer motor gets clamped, towed or nicked, though.