QP v Airdrie /Airdrie V QP Play off FINAL

Anyone looking at this with a cold and neutral pair of eyes has to feel that Airdrie’s name is on it. A couple of real Houdini acts to win games this season, including Saturday. Clearly better than the rest of the chasers over the 36 games and they’d probably be promoted in a just world. Fortunately, on this occasion, we live in a cruel and unjust world. May injustice prevail on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There's one of yours in this forum...did you move the Championship one or is this number three?

That was moved from champ to here by an admin. They say as much in the thread itself. 

15 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Fancy Airdrie to win this comfortably 

A fixture Clyde fans can only dream of. With Dunfermline and QoS coming down plus Kelty and (most likely) Edinburgh City coming up it’s going to be a very tough league for Clyde to make an impact on without a mystery donor. And of course no Goodwillie. 

This will be the 7th and 8th times we've met this season. That's a bit mental. The League Cup and Challenge Cup ties also both finished as low scoring draws (with each side having a penalty shoot out win) so I'm not expecting either of these legs to be pretty tbh. 

I went into these play offs with zero expectations after limping there with no momentum. But the team has shown tremendous character to get by Dunfermline and Saturday at East End Park was just a special day.  Both sides will be buzzin after all the late drama but Airdrie must be on a different level after their ridiculous comeback.  We're firmly second favourites for this imo but that's the beauty of this game we love, anything can happen on the day.

Bring it on! 

On 10/05/2022 at 12:16, an86 said:

Clearly better than the rest of the chasers over the 36 games and they’d probably be promoted in a just world. Fortunately, on this occasion, we live in a cruel and unjust world. 

Exactly. We've finished 2nd a couple of times then fucked the play offs. 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

This will be the 7th and 8th times we've met this season. That's a bit mental. The League Cup and Challenge Cup ties also both finished as low scoring draws (with each side having a penalty shoot out win) so I'm not expecting either of these legs to be pretty tbh. 

I went into these play offs with zero expectations after limping there with no momentum. But the team has shown tremendous character to get by Dunfermline and Saturday at East End Park was just a special day.  Both sides will be buzzin after all the late drama but Airdrie must be on a different level after their ridiculous comeback.  We're firmly second favourites for this imo but that's the beauty of this game we love, anything can happen on the day.

Bring it on! 

Seen a few comments on Twitter saying that Dunfermline had done enough to warrant a win. Would you agree? The highlights showed that both team had good chances.

I definitely think we have the momentum going into this but that could count for nothing. 

QP are one of the stuffiest sides we’ve played this season. Stuffy-organised I’d call them. I think we can break them down at home tbh. We play our best stuff there. 

If we handle the pressure then we’re up. 

31 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Didn’t hear anything about this…all black outfits not really the Airdrie colours? After the recent assaults on Cove fans I’d have thought the club would have done more to try and can these hooligans. 🤔

Do you need to wear your teams colours to attend the game now like?

40 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Didn’t hear anything about this…all black outfits not really the Airdrie colours? After the recent assaults on Cove fans I’d have thought the club would have done more to try and can these hooligans. 🤔

Oh yes, look at all that hooliganism. Bear hugs and brutal slaps to palms. 

Sickening scenes. 

13 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Oh yes, look at all that hooliganism. Bear hugs and brutal slaps to palms. 

Sickening scenes. 

Also worth noting the club acted pretty quickly to clear the park. 

But yes absolute hooligans, the horror and shock of seeing kids dancing and singing with Afolabi was frightening...

On 08/05/2022 at 13:48, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Airdrie had a sluggish start to the season and that might have cost them the league.

Airdrie had a much poorer opening to the season that Cove did but it is worth pointing out that Cove were just as relentless as Airdrie were in the closing part of the season. Both only dropped 12 points each in the second half of the season.

Fancy Airdrie to win this over the two legs.