St Mirren v Livingston 11/05/22

Thought the second half was OK, I’ve seen many far worse games. Decent point, clean sheet, plenty of effort. Thought Greive was just pipped for MotM by the performance of the West Bank linesman in that second half - he was quality.

Oh, and after the game, following me spotting the Livvy team bus at Braehead earlier in the evening, had a word with the Livvy bus driver - they have a pre-match meal at Tony Macaroni in Braehead XSite when through here for games. Part of their sponsorship deal. Cracking bus by the way. Smart as hell.

8 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Jay Henderson has looked a great prospect this season. Showed up well again tonight in his brief appearance and his pass there was actually a good one even though Power couldn't quite get onto it.

Needs consistent games, and maybe to be a little more defensive at times, but yeah, he's coming on well.

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Thought the second half was OK, I’ve seen many far worse games. Decent point, clean sheet, plenty of effort. Thought Greive was just pipped for MotM by the performance of the West Bank linesman in that second half - he was quality.

Oh, and after the game, following me spotting the Livvy team bus at Braehead earlier in the evening, had a word with the Livvy bus driver - they have a pre-match meal at Tony Macaroni in Braehead XSite when through here for games. Part of their sponsorship deal. Cracking bus by the way. Smart as hell.

Yeah the bus is lovely, inside of it is cracking as well. I meant to quote you earlier asking if there was a Tony Macs in there as I was aware of the deal. Pretty nice part of a sponsorship deal to have, fairly sure we have every pre match meal up there too. When we're playing somewhere there's not one near they even do a pre prepped meal for the team as well. 

Honestly not sure how common it is for teams to have a meal together pre game but it's a nice little tradition

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Last season, we had pre-match meals in Tony Macaroni up in Aberdeen, some random complained about it to the media, and suddenly we weren't allowed to do it any more. IIRC that coincided with our worst losing streak while we've been in the last 5 years.

4 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Saints quite comfortably the best team, and very close to a few really good moves coming off.  

Grieve and Main getting a lot of rough treatment which Clancy all seemed to think were fine.  

At one point Grieve’s shirt was almost at his neck.  Play on.  

I think VAR next season is going to expose just how poor some of our officials are at making simple decisions.  

Of course it is. One of them is going to be watching the screens.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump "Incompetent is as incompetent does".

Edited by Arch Stanton

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Ah well, always next season :D 

Yup unfortunately after being promoted we had two traumatic summers 2018 (Stubbs) & 2019 (Kearney/Goodwin) and frankly I'm glad just to have survived those seasons without being relegated but the last two have been better if ultimately a bit disappointing.

I reckon you've got to have a target and for us it's gotta be that elusive (for us anyway) Top6 finish and to succeed we'll probably have to finish above you - so next season yeah! :D 

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I  mean, I thought it was pretty obvious beforehand that this game had 0-0 written all over it? 

Yeah, it really did. Sadly, Ethan not getting booked fucked one coupon, and Celtic the other. Bloody mug's game.

Screenshot_20220512-090903.png

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Martindale is fast becoming our Billy Reid of this decade.

You just know it will be 0-0 shitfest, just like the many McPherson v Reid battles. 

To be fair that was the first 0-0 between us and Livi since Martindale was manager. The last 0-0 between us was in 2018 in the Championship, on the day we won the league. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

To be fair that was the first 0-0 between us and Livi since Martindale was manager. The last 0-0 between us was in 2018 in the Championship, on the day we won the league. 

Yeah, a few of the games have been narrow 1-0s and things like that. Generally speaking, they are the least entertaining games.

3 hours ago, Lex said:

We seem to cancel one another out, St Mirren have had the odd worldie from outside the box against us though.