St Mirren v Livingston 11/05/22

Henderson replacing Flynn would be interesting considering the relative sizes of Henderson and just about any Livi player he'll be coming up against.

At least Flynn got a round of applause for his final game.

FT 0-0
Yeah fair enough. We were probably better team second half, but LivI cracked the bar at the end so a draw about right.
It was the same game it always is against Livi. Not much in it and plenty of kicking, fouling, flailing arms and yellow cards. They’re a very good team at what they do and they will be comfortably mid table next season, again.
For us it’s a decent enough end to the campaign and we should finish 8th. Best player probably Shaughnessy I think, solid as ever at the back and some decent throw ins. Erhahon and Gogic forming a solid partnership in the middle too, love to see them both here next year. Tough shift for Main and Grieve upfront but they both kept going.
Onwards.

We were the better team over the 90 but it wasn't a great game, I don't think the raft of Martindale changes in the 2nd half helped the game flow. I was mentally stretching for Power near the end.

We can't make 7th, but a win against Aberdeen guarantees us 8th.

Edit: I know there is still another game to come but it's looking a solid 7th place for Livi, so well done them.

Edited by Ric

I’m not a big fan of Tanser but thought he was our best player by far tonight, he won loads of headers and put in some excellent deliveries that we somehow didn’t score from. Glad Flynn got a run out and hope it wasn’t a serious injury.

9 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I’m not a big fan of Tanser but thought he was our best player by far tonight, he won loads of headers and put in some excellent deliveries that we somehow didn’t score from. Glad Flynn got a run out and hope it wasn’t a serious injury.

For all his flaws he always seems to have a phenomenal delivery

On 07/05/2022 at 21:02, btb said:

A win would put us level on points with Livi going into the final game and a chance to finish above them for the first time since we were promoted, even if it's just me, myself I'm up for it!

On 07/05/2022 at 21:14, btb said:

Budget, smudget for differing reasons it would please me greatly to finish above Livi & Aberdeen.

Ah well, always next season :D 

Typical game tonight between those two sides. Thought Joe was excellent. We played some nice stuff and had some good moves but with a piss poor final ball. Livi battled away and had far better chances. Was hoping for a win just to confirm us above Aberdeen. But there is always Sunday.

7th place and best of the rest all but in the bag,looking forward to Sunday's "Dundee's going down party" and 7th confirmed,pleasing end to the season,especially after that late Motherwell equaliser denied us a top 6 finish.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I was mentally stretching for Power near the end.

Jay Henderson has looked a great prospect this season. Showed up well again tonight in his brief appearance and his pass there was actually a good one even though Power couldn't quite get onto it.

Edited by FreedomFarter