St Mirren v Livingston 11/05/22

29 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

They've already played,  sure the Sheep got a shitey penalty.

Oh aye, you're correct. I was confusing them with other relegation haunted shite. 

Dundee v Hibs tonight.  Hopefully a home win or draw.

When St Mirren attack, Kiltie becomes a third forward. To deal with that, I expect one of our full backs to position themselves narrower and in line with the centre backs when defending. We've seen Devlin doing just that in recent away games. St Mirren are especially attacking down their right as Tait often bombs on from wing back then Fraser makes a supporting run under/overlapping from wide centre back. Down their left, Tanser doesn't venture as far and it'll be either Kiltie or Brophy who instead drift into a left wing position ahead of him. Hopefully Devlin can snuff them out there. Tanser has an excellent cross from deep, though, so our right mid (probably Bailey) will have to clamp him. Grieve stays central as a hard working target man who crosses are aimed at. Obileye and Fitzwater will be kept very busy by him and Brophy's constant running. Kiltie is the biggest threat due to the awkward positions he takes up. Holt and Kelly will often have to track him.

Attacking through the middle won't be much of an option as defensively St Mirren have the two forwards with Kiltie behind them then Gogic often pressing high too. St Mirren go into a back 5 out of possession so our full backs will get time on the ball during build up, meaning Devlin and Boyes will be especially important creatively. 

I expect we'll be conservative first half hoping to get to half time without conceding. Then come out pressing second half, going for it the first 25-30 mins. That's been the pattern of recent away matches. The 4-2-3-1 with Nouble as striker really facilitates that line of 3 behind him. So Pittman, Shinnie and Bailey are hopefully where goals will come from. That or a set piece.

6 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

When St Mirren attack, Kiltie becomes a third forward. To deal with that, I expect one of our full backs to position themselves narrower and in line with the centre backs when defending. We've seen Devlin doing just that in recent away games. St Mirren are especially attacking down their right as Tait often bombs on from wing back then Fraser makes a supporting run under/overlapping from wide centre back. Down their left, Tanser doesn't venture as far and it'll be either Kiltie or Brophy who instead drift into a left wing position ahead of him. Hopefully Devlin can snuff them out there. Tanser has an excellent cross from deep, though, so our right mid (probably Bailey) will have to clamp him. Grieve stays central as a hard working target man who crosses are aimed at. Obileye and Fitzwater will be kept very busy by him and Brophy's constant running. Kiltie is the biggest threat due to the awkward positions he takes up. Holt and Kelly will often have to track him.

Attacking through the middle won't be much of an option as defensively St Mirren have the two forwards with Kiltie behind them then Gogic often pressing high too. St Mirren go into a back 5 out of possession so our full backs will get time on the ball during build up, meaning Devlin and Boyes will be especially important creatively. 

I expect we'll be conservative first half hoping to get to half time without conceding. Then come out pressing second half, going for it the first 25-30 mins. That's been the pattern of recent away matches. The 4-2-3-1 with Nouble as striker really facilitates that line of 3 behind him. So Pittman, Shinnie and Bailey are hopefully where goals will come from. That or a set piece.

Copied, pasted, and just e-mailed for the immediate attention of Mr. S. Robinson, c/o FeegieField Superdome, Paisley.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Copied, pasted, and just e-mailed for the immediate attention of Mr. S. Robinson, c/o FeegieField Superdome, Paisley.

Hahaha! Every chance that's a load of shite I've put there! I'm mostly going on Sportscene highlights for my St Mirren take. I'm fairly confident I'm familiar with Livi's tactics but just as easily got them all wrong too!

Hahaha! Every chance that's a load of shite I've put there! I'm mostly going on Sportscene highlights for my St Mirren take. I'm fairly confident I'm familiar with Livi's tactics but just as easily got them all wrong too!
You have a better grasp of our tactics than many that post on blackandwhitearmy.

9 minutes ago, Buddiesaint said:

Sounded more professional than any sportscene/pundit analysis I've heard all season.

I suppose with Sportscene, it's going out to a general audience and all areas of interest need covered so tactical discussion can only get so much time. 

Something I'll never take for granted, though, is having TV coverage of this league. Both highlights and more live matches. I like being able to stay reasonably informed about opposition teams and that's far harder to do in the Championship.

2 hours ago, Buddiesaint said:

Sounded more professional than any sportscene/pundit analysis I've heard all season.

Complete lack of cliches and lazy assessments, just not Sportscene material. 

Last home game of the season, so I’ll be there. However, you just know it’s going to be an absolute shitter of a game.

Likely 0-0, possibly 1-0 either way to a scrappy goal.

Didn’t fancy fighting the Sevco traffic and roadworks, so decided to have an early wander around Braehead. My wandering took me past Xsite about thirty mins ago, where I encountered this. Had a check. but couldn’t see any Livvy players in the ten pin bowling, Nandos, or downing pints in Wetherspoons... must all be on the ski slope. 😀

BD4965BD-BED0-4C80-8351-F4E1E46C8010.jpeg

Looks like a 4-3-3 to me. Interesting.
I've stuck a few quid on draw/Erhahon to get booked at 10/1.

I think Flynn will be at right wing back. Don’t see the system changing.

Could be wrong.