St Mirren v Livingston 11/05/22

After today's showing i doubt i'd be tempted through even if you were paying me a tenner to get in, today was enough to put off any thought i had of going to this game. 

Our players are on holiday mode after beating Aberdeen & Hibs, securing our top flight status, very lackluster display from them, hopefully they get a good talking too by Martindale and put more of an effort into this game, for the sake of the poor souls travelling through to back them.

A win would put us level on points with Livi going into the final game and a chance to finish above them for the first time since we were promoted, even if it's just me, myself I'm up for it!

If we show the same commitment as our last 2 games, we'll have every chance of getting the win in this one. 

Obviously the higher we finish, the better the budget for next season. 

Saints win 3-2.

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

If we show the same commitment as our last 2 games, we'll have every chance of getting the win in this one. 

Obviously the higher we finish, the better the budget for next season. 

Saints win 3-2.

Budget, smudget for differing reasons it would please me greatly to finish above Livi & Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, btb said:

A win would put us level on points with Livi going into the final game and a chance to finish above them for the first time since we were promoted, even if it's just me, myself I'm up for it!

Meanwhile I'm not sure any of us could care less :D Then again I think we've finished above you every season since we both came up - managed two top 6 finishes in that time as well.

Each season is just about survival for us though, anything else is a bonus. I'd take 10th for next season now if you'd offer me it :D 

Edited by ATLIS

Pretty slim chance of us over taking Livi, even if we win here. Given they have a much better GD and are three points ahead, we would need to win this and better their result on the last day, and they’re at home to Dundee while we are away at Aberdeen. As anyone who seen Dundee play on Saturday will know, Livi are very likely to get three points in that game…
However, 8th place and finishing above Hibs and Aberdeen is still on the cards. We will likely need six points to get 8th, while four points will be enough for 9th.
Can Robbo avoid defeat to someone who isn’t in the bottom two for the first time in his tenure? Four games between the teams this season; three draws and a Saints win. Livingston haven’t won in Paisley since 2018, when a certain Alan Stubbs was in charge.
Main is out, so that should be a straight swap for Brophy. Can’t see any other changes to the team that won at the weekend.
1-1

Can we win three-in-a-row? Can Erhahon shine again? Can we keep a clean sheet again? Can we score a cracking goal again? Can Robinson keep the feelgood factor train-a-rollin’? Can I muster one iota of pre-match enthusiasm for this one? Watch this space. 😜

Edited by pozbaird

A fine and interesting outcome on Saturday would be St Mirren 6-0 Livingston. If that comes to pass we will have the same points, the same goal difference, and the same goals scored going into the final game.  We'd go above Livi on head to head i think?

Being realistic, we don't have much of a chance to get above Livi.

However, we do have a chance of getting above Aberdeen, which would be satisfying for obvious reasons. Assuming Aberdeen get 3 points tomorrow against Dundee, we need to win tomorrow and get at least a draw at Pittodrie on Sunday to finish above the Dons. So.......

.......COYS!!

1 hour ago, Pondsman said:

However, we do have a chance of getting above Aberdeen, which would be satisfying for obvious reasons. Assuming Aberdeen get 3 points tomorrow against Dundee, we need to win tomorrow and get at least a draw at Pittodrie on Sunday to finish above the Dons. So.......

.......COYS!!

I'm hoping for mad mental Mcghee to claim his first win against Aberdeen. 

1 hour ago, Pondsman said:

.......COYS!!

Aberdeen are playing St Johnstone tomorrow, and probably will win that one. Some laugh if Dundee win out against Hibs and Livi but can't see it!

Edited by flyingscot

It's amazing how we have went from Arbroath pumping us in the play offs to possibly catching Livi 😂. All in the space of 2 wins. 

It's way more fun being positive. However being realistic, Dundee and StJohnstone were absolutely piss poor. I couldn't believe the lack of fight from either team. Livi have always been a tough nut to crack home and away. I refuse to believe we will have it easy tomorrow night.

Also can't believe I am saying this but Main will be a huge loss for us in the last 2 games.