🇱🇻 Arbroath v ICTFC 🇱🇺 - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How could you possibly celebrate a shared trophy 🤣

Ask the joint winners of the first Scottish league title in 1893 while lots of sports have tied series so not an entirely unknown concept. I assume the teams share a calm satisfaction over their shared achievement, possibly a more mature reaction than the increasingly stage-managed and mandated festivities.  No platform, podiums or even helicopters for Arbroath promotions in the 60s and 70s.  Not necessarily the preferred resolution (that would be a replay) but in many ways much fairer than the farce of a penalty lottery deciding a major final.

53 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

Ask the joint winners of the first Scottish league title in 1893 while lots of sports have tied series so not an entirely unknown concept. I assume the teams share a calm satisfaction over their shared achievement, possibly a more mature reaction than the increasingly stage-managed and mandated festivities.  No platform, podiums or even helicopters for Arbroath promotions in the 60s and 70s.  Not necessarily the preferred resolution (that would be a replay) but in many ways much fairer than the farce of a penalty lottery deciding a major final.

I rather enjoyed the penalty shootout Iv just watched in Seville 

1 hour ago, farflung lichtie said:

Life isn’t fair. Sport isn’t fair

Joint winners of something sounds absolutely awful. If that game tonight finished at 120 minutes shared what fan would actually be satisfied with that? There’s got to be a winner celebrating and a loser upset otherwise the whole idea of competition means nothing

There are loads of variables and luck in football that could go for you or against you 

On 16/05/2022 at 09:18, farflung lichtie said:

I hope that’s clarified it.  Well done ICT for dogged defence and winning thro on the penalty lottery (rumour has it you had practised in training so maybe chances in that particular lottery was skewed - so credit for excellent preparation) and good luck in the final.

It would only be skewed if Arbroath didn’t practice penalties. And if they didn’t then they deserved to lose anyway given the nature of playoffs where a penalty shootout is fairly likely.

2 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Of course fans of complete no-marks like Arbroath would advocate sharing trophies after their bubble has just been burst by serial winners The Caley. 

You had your ‘nearly moment’ this season. Be proud of your team, regroup and come back and support your side in their relegation battle next season. They’ll need all the luck they can get. 

10 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Of course fans of complete no-marks like Arbroath would advocate sharing trophies after their bubble has just been burst by serial winners The Caley. 

You had your ‘nearly moment’ this season. Be proud of your team, regroup and come back and support your side in their relegation battle next season. They’ll need all the luck they can get. 

What a dick.

ETA  -  …..and thanks for the wee rid dot, virginton.  😁 Utterly preDICKtable.   👍  😜😜😜

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

It would only be skewed if Arbroath didn’t practice penalties. And if they didn’t then they deserved to lose anyway given the nature of playoffs where a penalty shootout is fairly likely.

Arbroath players would of course have been down the coal mines all week, rather than practicing penalties. 

16 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Straws clutching and wet morning pillows.

It's over.

12 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Would far rather be runners up than share a trophy. That sounds horrific.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Straws clutching and wet morning pillows.

It's over.

Hmm, could well come back to bite ye.   I wonder how many Arbroath fans are bookmarking that post for after you play St Johnstone? 😁

17 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Hmm, could well come back to bite ye.   I wonder how many Arbroath fans are bookmarking that post for after you play St Johnstone? 😁

I honestly could not care less. Caley been our bogey team all season in 480 minutes we scored 1 fluke goal v them and we were top scorers in league. Inverness away days are either terrible or amazing depending on when they’re scheduled for. I really couldn’t be arsed if they went up or down. 

St Johnstone too. Like that would be more fun and a better away day but again I’m not overly arsed about who wins final 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I honestly could not care less. Caley been our bogey team all season in 480 minutes we scored 1 fluke goal v them and we were top scorers in league…

It was worse than that, it was 1 goal in 570 minutes - 6 x 90 minutes + 30 minutes extra time.

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

It was worse than that, it was 1 goal in 570 minutes - 6 x 90 minutes + 30 minutes extra time.

For some reason I thought the semi final was only one game 

Probably because the first leg was so eye bleeding

Edited by 1320Lichtie

In the first game Arbroath were there for the taking.  In the second game, we were there for the taking!  When we went down to nine twice, why didn't Arbroath just pummel us?  Our only attacking outlet was Joe Hardy who must be the smallest player in Scottish football and yet Arbroath's game didn't change at all.