🇱🇻 Arbroath v ICTFC 🇱🇺 - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I was there too and that's exactly right. Ridgers was wasting time at every place kick long before ICT went down to ten men. It was extremely negative tactics by Dodds, I was disappointed with him

If you had witnessed the first leg, you may well have recognised the self same tactic in the shape of Gaston.

In fact he was at it in the midweek league game which Arbroath shaded by the only goal earlier in the season.

For me Dodds got it spot on. He remarked on the pitch being rock hard and credit to him for learning from the Partick Thistle game earlier in the season when he started the game with the intention of playing too much football and then had to adjust.

1 hour ago, Huisdean50 said:

Absolute nonsense. We certainly didn't play well last night but the wind, in the first half contributed to that for us. Poor play from us to keep punting high balls up to Samuel as they just came straight back at us. Second half we were much better with Mckay on and until the sending off, I think we were starting to get control of the game. Going down to 10 men, then 9 for a while obviously dictated how we played but it says more about Arbroath silky soccer skills that you barely mustered a shot on target or forced a save from our keeper even with a 1/2 man advantage. Your luck ran out last night as it had to at some point and while we will most likely meet again next season, I do hope we beat you convincingly with eleven men. 

What a load of bull.

So finishing second in the league was down to luck. Inverness were never at any point in or getting control of the game they were just staying in the game even when it was 11 v 11. Wind getting the blame again i see.

Last night should’ve been a glorified friendly but wasn’t due to us missing about 8 chances in the second half on Tuesday, Arbroath were never scoring then and didn’t look like scoring last night either. It’s actually pretty shocking from our perspective that it went to penalties.

Last night should’ve been a glorified friendly but wasn’t due to us missing about 8 chances in the second half on Tuesday, Arbroath were never scoring then and didn’t look like scoring last night either. It’s actually pretty shocking from our perspective that it went to penalties.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, stan3600 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You could’ve played continuously from Tuesday to Friday and still not scored m6. It happens.

6 hours ago, keptie said:

What a load of bull.

So finishing second in the league was down to luck. Inverness were never at any point in or getting control of the game they were just staying in the game even when it was 11 v 11. Wind getting the blame again i see.

It seemed to work for us, I'm sure I don't need to remind you of the result.

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It seemed to work for us, I'm sure I don't need to remind you of the result.

Well yes it did work for you but perhaps if you read the post i was replying too you might understand why i posted that reply about controling the game.

And as stan3600 says good luck against the Saints far better for us if Inverness weren't in our league.

31 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Arbroath fans were getting way above their station anyway. A glorified Forfar Athletic. Bunch of diddies who can go back to enjoying a relegation battle next season. Good riddance. 

Getting above their station🤣....are you an entitled Invernessian.

2 hours ago, stan3600 said:

It’s a good line but I haven’t found yet the post where an Arbroath fan calls it a lottery.

5 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Winning the penalty lottery doesn’t really offer a strong platform to claim to be a footballing side.

12 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

All that said, it may be a blessing in disguise that we didn’t progress, especially through the lottery of penalties.  

4 hours ago, keptie said:

Well yes it did work for you but perhaps if you read the post i was replying too you might understand why i posted that reply about controling the game.

And as stan3600 says good luck against the Saints far better for us if Inverness weren't in our league.

100% hope you get promoted....cos you bring very little to the table  

11 hours ago, stan3600 said:

No and no, which should be top of our priority list to fix.

As long as Dick is in charge it won't change as he sees youth football a waste of resources which could be spent on paying experienced players the money they demand. 

Talking through experience ;)

Not sure what the discussion about penalty shootouts ‘being a lottery’ is about to be honest.   It seems bizarre to describe them as anything other than a fairly random throw of the dice, whether win or lose?   And we used that very term in the second half on the terraces  before it came down to that outcome.  Hence, you win some, you lose some - and hope the balance of probabilities even itself out over the long run.   I have no issues with us losing out on penalties the other night, some disappointment offset by relief at the bigger/longerterm picture.  And I hope ICT win the final only for the self-interested reason that St Johnstone would offer local games and bigger crowds next season - plus the fact ICT are the only team we’ve struggled to make much impact on this season.

I’m still really dubious about using penalties to decide MAJOR finals though not games like Fridays.  Maybe still a case for replays or even sharing of a trophy rather than awarding on the basis of this lottery. And of course, the term lottery might not be entirely accurate - penalty taking and saving skills can be worked on.  

I hope that’s clarified it.  Well done ICT for dogged defence and winning thro on the penalty lottery (rumour has it you had practised in training so maybe chances in that particular lottery was skewed - so credit for excellent preparation) and good luck in the final.

On 16/05/2022 at 09:18, farflung lichtie said:

I’m still really dubious about using penalties to decide MAJOR finals though not games like Fridays.  Maybe still a case for replays or even sharing of a trophy rather than awarding on the basis of this lottery.

team america vomit GIF