πŸ‡±πŸ‡» Arbroath v ICTFC πŸ‡±πŸ‡Ί - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

25 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Remember your scrum cap!love getting down and dirty in the millgate whilst watching Jonny Wilkinson’s best bits

Pint of piss before drinking your beer through a dirty sock?Β 

40 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Β 

With a population twice the size of Arbroath, Kilmarnock took six times as many to a meaningless match at Kirkcaldy that was on the telly.

Β 

What? The one last Friday? Mate it was a league title celebration hahahahahahahaha

Β 

eta - on a Friday night and your last game of the season

Edited by 1320Lichtie

39 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

Looks like a big home crowd lined up plus strong winds so a different challenge for both teams. Β Slight risk that the wind might affect our silky passing movements and, depending on direction the distribution of the action in each half, restrict the overall spectacle (one of the unspoken downsides of segregation was that the crowd remained distant from the wind-affected action taking place in one half of the pitch - thankfully now rectified by extending the home support area to the full length of the pitch.). Β You can be sure TV viewers will be reminded by the minute of the wind machine and the proximity of the North Sea

Added to the fact it would seem likely to be a somewhat tense and close affair in any case, we should just enjoy the occasion and the added drama of the elements. Β In fact Creative Scotland should consider sponsorship. Β  Hoping also the larger crowd will lend consistent vocal backing throughout regardless of how things pan out on the pitch. Β  Β After all ICT is the only side in this league against which we have a deficit of points in the four league encounters. Β The visitors may find conditions much less benign than our first and only home defeat to them on the opening day of the season in fine weather.
C’mon Arbroath - let’s keep things rolling. Β 

Wind supposed to die down tonight.Β 

It really feels like there isn't even a game against St Johnstone to come for either of these two - such as how massive this one feels.Β  C'mon Arbroath, let's keep the new rivalry going in the top division next season!

I think that ten minute period on Tuesday where we had about five good chances missed is a bit of a omen. Having to go to Arbroath and scoring will be very tough and I wonder the pressure will be too much for us.

I was at Gayfield on the opening day and we somehow won despite Arbroath absolutely battering us for twenty minutes at the end (Remember saying after the game that Arbroath would definitely stay up! [emoji1787]).

The pressure is on us big time tonight and I’m not sure we can handle that.

One bad mistake by an 18 year old loanee cost us the opening day match. I remember thinking we couldn’t afford to drop points like that if we were to avoid relegation.

7 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

One bad mistake by an 18 year old loanee cost us the opening day match. I remember thinking we couldn’t afford to drop points like that if we were to avoid relegation.

Yeah I was thinking the exact same. Then week later at Ayr same thing by same player on edge of the Ayr box when we were 2-0 up and they went and scored on the counterΒ 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Closing ticket sales at 2pm seems a bit daft to me. Surely keep them available up to an hour before kickoff? Try and get as many folk in as possible?Β 

They’re going to have to close it so they can take time to sort out the segregation I thinkΒ 

15 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I think the side that gets the wind in the first half will need a 2 goal lead by halftime. The wind’s right down the pitch from the Switchies end.

Don’t think the wind is forecast to be particularly bad, pretty benign actually 13-15mph gusting to 25 or so according to met office, and getting calmer as the evening goes on.

It’s much windier than that in Aberdeen just now but even this wouldn’t be that bad.

Edited by Tattie36