🇱🇻 Arbroath v ICTFC 🇱🇺 - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

Be over 4k in the home end. The segregation arrangements be interesting considering got to factor in that daft BBC studio platform thing. Also 4K home fans in Gayfield is not the same as 4K home fans at Rugby Park or whatever. You’re standing a metre away from the park at Gayf down the front. Hopefully make it a bit awkward and off putting for Inverness players, set pieces etc, get them launched in that box. 

362 away fans on a Tuesday night for a 7pm kick off 3 hours away is decent in my opinion 

With a population twice the size of Arbroath, Kilmarnock took six times as many to a meaningless match at Kirkcaldy that was on the telly.

Looks like a big home crowd lined up plus strong winds so a different challenge for both teams.  Slight risk that the wind might affect our silky passing movements and, depending on direction the distribution of the action in each half, restrict the overall spectacle (one of the unspoken downsides of segregation was that the crowd remained distant from the wind-affected action taking place in one half of the pitch - thankfully now rectified by extending the home support area to the full length of the pitch.).  You can be sure TV viewers will be reminded by the minute of the wind machine and the proximity of the North Sea

Added to the fact it would seem likely to be a somewhat tense and close affair in any case, we should just enjoy the occasion and the added drama of the elements.  In fact Creative Scotland should consider sponsorship.   Hoping also the larger crowd will lend consistent vocal backing throughout regardless of how things pan out on the pitch.    After all ICT is the only side in this league against which we have a deficit of points in the four league encounters.  The visitors may find conditions much less benign than our first and only home defeat to them on the opening day of the season in fine weather.
C’mon Arbroath - let’s keep things rolling.  

Edited by farflung lichtie
Typo

1 minute ago, Rugbypark said:

With a population twice the size of Arbroath, Kilmarnock took six times as many to a meaningless match at Kirkcaldy that was on the telly.

That's because there's nothing else to do in Kilmarnock. Football is literally the only escape from a life of drudgery and squalor.

3 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

And 6 times more of a sh1tehole

It’s a tough one too call, I’m really not sure to be fair

I think that ten minute period on Tuesday where we had about five good chances missed is a bit of a omen. Having to go to Arbroath and scoring will be very tough and I wonder the pressure will be too much for us.

I was at Gayfield on the opening day and we somehow won despite Arbroath absolutely battering us for twenty minutes at the end (Remember saying after the game that Arbroath would definitely stay up! [emoji1787]).

The pressure is on us big time tonight and I’m not sure we can handle that.

I think that ten minute period on Tuesday where we had about five good chances missed is a bit of a omen. Having to go to Arbroath and scoring will be very tough and I wonder the pressure will be too much for us.

I was at Gayfield on the opening day and we somehow won despite Arbroath absolutely battering us for twenty minutes at the end (Remember saying after the game that Arbroath would definitely stay up! [emoji1787]).

The pressure is on us big time tonight and I’m not sure we can handle that.

Yeah I’d agree with the pressure thing, we’re just enjoying where we are so if we win we win and if we loose then we go again next season

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

@StevieKTID

Can you not get it on the BBC iPlayer?

At worst, it would be a matter of signing up to a vpn to pretend you're in the uk

Cheers mate, iPlayer isn't available over here, I'll go down the VPN route, would've liked to give Arbroath some money to watch it.

Thanks again and good luck!