πŸ‡±πŸ‡» Arbroath v ICTFC πŸ‡±πŸ‡Ί - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

Semi-finals are seldom great games and a two legged one doesn't improve things. That said it was a good team performance from us. As has been said it was a bit like the Kille game where we were the better team in the first half and Caley were better in the second half.

Thought Chris Hamilton was outstanding in the first half. Gaston's save from Samuel wasΒ terrific and the whole defence were great in the second half. Maybe could have used subs sooner and would have liked to have seen Bobby Linn on later in the game to run at Caley defence.

Onward to Friday night, should get a bigger crowd than last night and hopefully a positive result.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Disagree, Arborath fans will have known there was an away game yesterday since the fixture dates were announced and would also know it was Glasgow or Inverness therefore would have already had time off work etc organised

As has been said previously if you are able to rock up at your work and ask for the following day off then you are quite lucky. Not everyone has that flexibility from their workplaces. Throw in travel costs and an overnight stay (unless driving) and more time off work I am at a loss to understand how you think that the Arbroath support can be criticised for the number that turned out.

Re watched the game on iplayerΒ 

Β 

McKenna chance much better than I had realised. We had a great first halfΒ 

Β 

Second half there was a 10 minute spell where they had 2 good chances, one great save from Gaston. The Doran one too although he would’ve done well to score that. Second half and last half hour we were clearly happy with a drawΒ 

Β 

Other than that though it was a pretty even game and for me Tam O’Brien man of the match absolutely solid him.Β 

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cheers. Even if we get to the final it’ll be a really tough askΒ 
Β 

I am going blue in the face trying to explain how much we’ve improved as a club in every single area to everyone so I’ll not do it again but our board have been amazing and finally tapped into the town and community and they could not have done any better in regards to literally everything. If you visit next season you’ll notice just how different Gayfield is now

We're not going to be in the Premiership next season ;)

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

QP had almost nobody at Firhill for the first leg of our play-off tbf.

Eh, the crowd was over 1400 and you brought about 250. JH stand takes over 6,000 so it might have looked thin. Besides, we're just barely professional, just promoted last year, scraped into fourth spot and got the Ugly Sisters on either side of us. Not a big club like Dunfemline. Just a work in progress.

20 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

A post over the Ronnie Corbett lookalike at the game last night, here he is with Uncle Fester.

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Arbroath boss wants more of the same against Dunfermline

Too much dayglo in this photo.Β 

team america vomit GIF

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If we don’t go through I’ll be supporting Inverness in the final. Dundee and St Johnstone in same league as ourselves would be great

And Cove. Would be much better for the fans not having to travel to Dumfries, Inverness and Kilmarnock.

Over 3000 sales in the home end not including hospitality or Inverness support. Home gate about 3500 including hospitality and comps I just saw

Β 

Place be buzzing I really hope the segregation is favourable to us tooΒ 

Edited by 1320Lichtie