🇱🇻 Arbroath v ICTFC 🇱🇺 - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

Just now, velo army said:

Are tickets easy to come buy for Friday's game if you're a neutral?

Yeah just go online and buy one they get emailed. You’ll get a ticket if you want one. Choose home end though cause the more in the away end means the segregation might be shite for home fans. Ground holds 6.6k but imagine crowd be more like 4k

51 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Hope TOB is ok. And good luck for your next game. It’s been a long time since we’ve battled against each other, how times change.
You have the backing of many Cowden fans

Don’t want to derail this thread but is there any kind of feeling within your support that you can turn your tie around? Really thought Cowdenbeath would win the playoff as your form had been decent towards the end of the season.

As you said, some great games between us. Truly gutted for where you are now - and Brechin, Berwick, Shire. I’m sure some will disagree with me on this but I really can’t see the benefit to the Scottish game with historic, established teams being replaced by village teams with a sugar daddy. 2 or 3 bad seasons and that’s it, yer oot. Could easily have been us 6 years ago or Montrose 5.

Having said that, I do agree with the pyramid and ambition should be encouraged and rewarded. Not sure if there’s any other solution.

Best of luck on Saturday.

Edited by Tattie36

Two and a half years ago when QP Members voted to go pro the comparators that were used were “to be more like Alloa or Arbroath” that is, safe and secure at the top end of League 1. The difference at your club since then is phenomenal, really is. By comparison I had a wee peak at your game last night and saw half-empty stands at ICT and wondered, why bother if your local community can’t show up for a semi-final. So, for the sake of the game as well as all your own wishes I hope the Lichties get though and get the chance to show the Premiership what you have to offer. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Admittedly I’ve not watched it back again so could be wrong, but it looked to me that O’Brien won the ball but his follow through caught MacAlear and he hurt himself, free kick to ICT. Don’t think he was play acting, he’s not that kind of player. Campbell reacted as if it was a bad foul but I’m sure he would admit he got it wrong when he sees it again, could have looked bad from his angle.

You're right totally, look we all know that pitch writhing is part of the game and may be included in training, bot it usually comes with some contact, looking at scenario with O'Brien it's clear that MacAlear's feet is between the writhing legs and did not touch O'Brien, to me thats a shameful act and as I mentioned last night it looked like he had been savaged by a rabid dog, grimacing and howling like he was in a lunatic asylum.

But sadly it's part of the game and I wish we could go back to the days when grown men played football instead of Prima Donnas,  10 year old kids in the School ground don't behave like that, if they did they would be tagged as a mummy's boy.

This play acting all stemmed from the Italian game when players would go in at half time covered in spit.

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Two and a half years ago when QP Members voted to go pro the comparators that were used were “to be more like Alloa or Arbroath” that is, safe and secure at the top end of League 1. The difference at your club since then is phenomenal, really is. By comparison I had a wee peak at your game last night and saw half-empty stands at ICT and wondered, why bother if your local community can’t show up for a semi-final. So, for the sake of the game as well as all your own wishes I hope the Lichties get though and get the chance to show the Premiership what you have to offer. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Cheers. Even if we get to the final it’ll be a really tough ask 

I am going blue in the face trying to explain how much we’ve improved as a club in every single area to everyone so I’ll not do it again but our board have been amazing and finally tapped into the town and community and they could not have done any better in regards to literally everything. If you visit next season you’ll notice just how different Gayfield is now

I really can’t see the benefit to the Scottish game with historic, established teams being replaced by village teams with a sugar daddy.

I get your point, but that's really not the case here.

Bonnyrigg RAFC were formed in 1881, as were Cowdenbeath FC.
Bonnyrigg has a bigger population than Cowdenbeath and is the biggest town in its local authority.

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Admittedly I’ve not watched it back again so could be wrong, but it looked to me that O’Brien won the ball but his follow through caught MacAlear and he hurt himself, free kick to ICT. Don’t think he was play acting, he’s not that kind of player. Campbell reacted as if it was a bad foul but I’m sure he would admit he got it wrong when he sees it again, could have looked bad from his angle.

From MacAlears reaction I'd assumed one of them has a wee kick at the other, as he looked furious. Now I'd say he thought O'Brien was at it.

11 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I like Hyde, he’s young and very highly rated but during the league season he barley played. It was a mistake to bring him on at Partick and I think it would be a mistake again if he played on Friday. I’m all for giving the young boys a chance just not in our biggest games of the season when they haven’t shown why they should be getting a place in the team. The time to play them was when we were on that horrendous run and if he showed something on the park then by all means give him a shot in the playoffs. He wasn’t given a chance in the regular season so I don’t think we should be chucking him in now.

He really should have had game time earlier. I suspect Allardice might be ready to go for At Johnstone, if we can see off Arbroath on Friday

While its noted that the level of home attendance last night wasn't great, it must be stated that the away support was pretty low as well. Considering the fact it was a midweek game and also on TV with a KO at 7pm, those factors don't do any favours. Not everyone can just finish work early to attend football, even if you live locally you have choices of trying to rush to a game and fit in food or potential family arrangements V's going home and it being on TV.

Look across any midweek league fixtures and there is always lower footfall than weekends.

19 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

While its noted that the level of home attendance last night wasn't great, it must be stated that the away support was pretty low as well. Considering the fact it was a midweek game and also on TV with a KO at 7pm, those factors don't do any favours. Not everyone can just finish work early to attend football, even if you live locally you have choices of trying to rush to a game and fit in food or potential family arrangements V's going home and it being on TV.

Look across any midweek league fixtures and there is always lower footfall than weekends.

Nearly 400 on a Tuesday night for a game 3 hours away I dunno what’s wrong with that 

Inverness home crowd figures always seem to be a bit suspect and that’s not a dig, I genuinely think it’s just the way the stadiums been built, it’s wide open, awfully designed and any kind of noise just seems to float into the Moray Firth. It’s an absolutely brutal place to watch football which is frustrating cause it’s a new build on a new site 

Watching on Tv now and you can hear the young lads in the camera side thing a wee bit. At the ground I genuinely could not hear them once 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I had a wee peak at your game last night and saw half-empty stands at ICT and wondered, why bother if your local community can’t show up for a semi-final.

QP had almost nobody at Firhill for the first leg of our play-off tbf.

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nearly 400 on a Tuesday night for a game 3 hours away I dunno what’s wrong with that

If it was 400, that's commendable, however I'm not sure where those figures came from as it looked like barely half that number.

Perhaps  its worth considering Arborath had an advantage for fans being able to attend, based on knowing 2 wks ago they would have a Tue night game at 7pm with only the location Glasgow or Inverness to be decided so were able to ask employers, partners, childcare etc in advance. ICT however only closed this off on Fri night which means going into work on Monday and asking away early of time off for the following day - which in many cases would be refused.

Its not always just as simple as stating - ICT have a shite support and folks dont bother - that may be a partial factor but when the number on Tue was significantly less than Fri for a more important game the other factors need addressing - especially by the authorities & TV scheduling.

1 minute ago, bdu98196 said:

If it was 400, that's commendable, however I'm not sure where those figures came from as it looked like barely half that number.

Perhaps  its worth considering Arborath had an advantage for fans being able to attend, based on knowing 2 wks ago they would have a Tue night game at 7pm with only the location Glasgow or Inverness to be decided so were able to ask employers, partners, childcare etc in advance. ICT however only closed this off on Fri night which means going into work on Monday and asking away early of time off for the following day - which in many cases would be refused.

Its not always just as simple as stating - ICT have a shite support and folks dont bother - that may be a partial factor but when the number on Tue was significantly less than Fri for a more important game the other factors need addressing - especially by the authorities & TV scheduling.

It was 362. Direct from the chairman. 7pm on a Tuesday night and you have to be quite lucky in your work life and situation to be able to attend a game 3 hours away 

Far from me to want to get involved in a crowdwank but there is absolutely no comparison between ICT fans knowing they'd have another home game to go to and Arbroath supporters who didn't know where they would be going until Friday night and had a couple of days notice to arrange travel up north and get time off sorted.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Far from me to want to get involved in a crowdwank but there is absolutely no comparison between ICT fans knowing they'd have another home game to go to and Arbroath supporters who didn't know where they would be going until Friday night and had a couple of days notice to arrange travel up north and get time off sorted.

Disagree, Arborath fans will have known there was an away game yesterday since the fixture dates were announced and would also know it was Glasgow or Inverness therefore would have already had time off work etc organised

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Watching on Tv now and you can hear the young lads in the camera side thing a wee bit. At the ground I genuinely could not hear them once.

They used to be in the North Stand but wanted to move to create their own area. The club were behind the move and talked up getting that part of the ground covered to help keep the noise in but I'd guess they'd need to apply for planning permission to build a roof. Months on from the initial move and nothing has happened yet on that front. Apparently the stewarding last night was quite heavy handed and that killed off a lot of the support in that section. Good to see them turning up in decent numbers again though. I think there had been a bit of tension between them and the club for a while and a lot of them stayed away for one reason or another.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

They used to be in the North Stand but wanted to move to create their own area. The club were behind the move and talked up getting that part of the ground covered to help keep the noise in but I'd guess they'd need to apply for planning permission to build a roof. Months on from the initial move and nothing has happened yet on that front. Apparently the stewarding last night was quite heavy handed and that killed off a lot of the support in that section. Good to see them turning up in decent numbers again though. I think there had been a bit of tension between them and the club for a while and a lot of them stayed away for one reason or another.

Yeah me and @Lichtie78said exact same thing last night. It’s probably the worst area they could be in