๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป Arbroath v ICTFC ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

2 hours ago, killiekranky said:

In fairness this game is up against the plethora of entertainment options that are available in Inverness on a Tuesday night, pub quiz at the Cawdor Arms, Inverness science festival and The man they call G is live at the parkdean resorts tonight.....Invervegas !

As funny as you appear to be, I fear that your offering is perhaps vulnerable to opprobrium by purists and pedants alike.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dire game, too many missed goal chances from us and Arbroath packing their end very time we came forward.

Whyย  take off McKay and Chalmers and then replace Shane with a defender, looked then like we were playing for a draw.

Couldn't see too much of the touchline stramash from the North Stand but it first it looked like the boy had been poleaxed and savaged by a rabid dog.

Overall in it's direty we were the better team marginally but that doesn't win games like tonight.

Doran coming on first, was definitely the right call. Samuals was crying out the right service. He had some good chances but worked very hard to get them.

Chalmers put in a good shift, and looked like he could score too. But he was the last sub, and probably tiring by that point.

Like the rest of our midfield Sutherland had quite a poor game. Fairly anonymous through most of the game. Harper was worth a try.

28 minutes ago, Fide said:

How incredibly touchy.ย 

I've never heard you accuse anyone of being touchy before....

You're still a boring kent.

Edited by DUAFC

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Dodds looked to be having a heated discussion with TOB at Full Time

Probably for his laughable attempts feigning injury trying to get McAlear sent off.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Arbroath were dreadful in the second half and ICT shouldโ€™ve got a goal then.

Agreed ICT were better in the second half....but at NO point were Arbroath "there for the taking."

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I think we blew it tonight.ย  Arbroath were there for taking and we spent the entire game pumping the ball in the direction of Samuels.ย  I heard someone on the way out saying that there's no bite in the midfield now and I agree with that - McAlear seems to have reverted to his early season self while Welsh seems to let the game pass him by.ย  I can only assume Allardice is nowhere near fit.ย  Perhaps we could've done with Carson in midfield to add that bit of physicality but as we have no other right back it'd leave us in a lurch back there unless we reverted to three at the back (which we don't seem to want to do).

We really really needed a win tonight.ย  I'm not confident now at all - I think we've missed our chance.

Agree on Macalear. Thought he was one of our worst players tonight. Might be inexperienced but maybe worth giving Hyde a go instead. Seems more physical than Welsh or Macalear. And more forward thinking than Allardice.

I think we should have some confidence going into Friday. Arbroath went for it in the first half but didn't have the creativity to create anything. And were outworked by our defence.ย ย 

Agreed ICT were better in the second half....but at NO point were Arbroath "there for the taking."

They were done after Low went off. Probably just before actually. Their usual tactic of just launching into the channels wasnโ€™t working and ICT gave up good chances through Chalmers and Samuels.

5 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

They were hanging on for the draw for 45 minutes. Just got lucky caley weren't very good tonight.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They were done after Low went off. Probably just before actually. Their usual tactic of just launching into the channels wasnโ€™t working and ICT gave up good chances through Chalmers and Samuels.

My point stands.

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Most of the second half where they barely threatened us at all and we had a period of chance after chance and failed to put any of them awayโ€ฆ?

Chance after chance......๐Ÿคฃ.....you were obviously watching the Dees v Hibs game.

I havenโ€™t seen the game back yet but I just thinking there thinking there how many good chances Arbroath had over the 90. There was the one in the first half that got put over and the one that was a good save by Ridgers. They tested Ridgers once properly in the second half as I recall.

There was about a five to ten minute spell where ICT seemed to have great chance after great chance but failed to put them away. Chalmers was unlucky with his one that clipped the outside of the post and Gaston made a great save from Samuels. There was a volley that was close as well but we really really really shouldโ€™ve scored one of those first two though.

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Agree on Macalear. Thought he was one of our worst players tonight. Might be inexperienced but maybe worth giving Hyde a go instead. Seems more physical than Welsh or Macalear. And more forward thinking than Allardice.

I think we should have some confidence going into Friday. Arbroath went for it in the first half but didn't have the creativity to create anything. And were outworked by our defence.ย ย 

I like Hyde, heโ€™s young and very highly rated but during the league season he barley played. It was a mistake to bring him on at Partick and I think it would be a mistake again if he played on Friday. Iโ€™m all for giving the young boys a chance just not in our biggest games of the season when they havenโ€™t shown why they should be getting a place in the team. The time to play them was when we were on that horrendous run and if he showed something on the park then by all means give him a shot in the playoffs. He wasnโ€™t given a chance in the regular season so I donโ€™t think we should be chucking him in now.

Aside from the great Gaston save and the one Chalmers put wide I didnโ€™t think we seemed under much pressure to be honest. Definitely didnโ€™t feel that way at the game

ย 

Think we were better 1st half they were better second and towards the end we were happy to try take the draw and tie back to gayfieldย