🇱🇻 Arbroath v ICTFC 🇱🇺 - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The Arbroath backroom guy with the high blood pressure always makes me laugh

Is he the one with two sets of glasses? Edit - Looks a bit like Winston from Still Game.

Edited by Trogdor

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is he the one with two sets of glasses? Edit - Looks a bit like Winston from Still Game.

Aye. He's a belter. 

Stevie!!! 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

We get shite crowds because Invernessians don’t care about the club or the city really. The city has grown a lot in the last few decades but I think most of the growth hasn’t boosted the club - people either support different teams or don’t care about football.

Theres also the problem that people from Inverness originally often have a weird attitude about the town, an inferiority complex. Supporting Caley isn’t “proper” football. When I lived and worked in the city people in my work or the pub or wherever would find out you liked football and start talking about Rangers or Celtic or English teams and be surprised when you said you supported Caley. I think that might have changed a bit among younger people but I’m not sure. Among my generation and older a lot of people just saw everything in Inverness as a bit inferior.

As RiG said above, we averaged 5000 or thereabouts in some of our better seasons in the top flight in our first spell there but we haven’t been able tos sustain it and being relegated  and blowing the on field legacy of the cup win hasn’t helped us regain that.

We get shite crowds because Invernessians don’t care about the club or the city really. The city has grown a lot in the last few decades but I think most of the growth hasn’t boosted the club - people either support different teams or don’t care about football.
Theres also the problem that people from Inverness originally often have a weird attitude about the town, an inferiority complex. Supporting Caley isn’t “proper” football. When I lived and worked in the city people in my work or the pub or wherever would find out you liked football and start talking about Rangers or Celtic or English teams and be surprised when you said you supported Caley. I think that might have changed a bit among younger people but I’m not sure. Among my generation and older a lot of people just saw everything in Inverness as a bit inferior.
As RiG said above, we averaged 5000 or thereabouts in some of our better seasons in the top flight in our first spell there but we haven’t been able tos sustain it and being relegated  and blowing the on field legacy of the cup win hasn’t helped us regain that.

Thanks, a very informative answer. You deserve better than you’re getting. All the best, though [emoji106]

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Sad to hear that especially with the success the club has had.  Never been that happy a hunting ground for us but plenty great night outs. Twisted Sisters have a lot to answer for.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dunno if they're just time-wasting of course but a couple of players struggling with cramp at this stage doesn't bode well for Arbroath.

They're fit as a fiddle. Sure they will be absolutely fine come Friday. No Alston to worry about.