🇱🇻 Arbroath v ICTFC 🇱🇺 - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

1 minute ago, Rugbypark said:

I wouldn’t say we are. Just hard to understand how a place that size can only produce a support that size. Why with a town if 45k have a bigger support than a city with 60k and little competition nearby? I think it’s an interesting discussion point.

Not on a match thread it isn't, if at all.

I wouldn’t say we are. Just hard to understand how a place that size can only produce a support that size. Why with a town if 45k have a bigger support than a city with 60k and little competition nearby? I think it’s an interesting discussion point.
Maybe because most Invernesians already supported a club when ICT were founded? Give them another hundred years and get back to me.

24 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

It’s pretty obvious why - 7.05 kick off (why?) on a Tuesday night, and a 3 hour drive from Arbroath, hardly convenient. I would have gone but was working until 6:30.

Why are you not asking why Inverness have what looks about 800 fans at home for such a big game?

Was surprised at the kick off, turned the TV on at work expected to see the start of the game and it was half time. Your correct about ICT always had a poor support.

We had average crowds of between 4,500 and 5,000 in the old SPL season, obviously bolstered by large away supports at times, and a peak in interest amongst Invernessians. However, sustained campaigns in the Championship have seen the support tail off significantly and COVID seemed to see even more supporters stay away or find themselves with other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

6 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The Caley have been comfortably more successful than Kilmarnock in the last decade. Packing your stadium full of smelly weegies is obviously not the masterstroke that some may have you believe.

Aye, OK...