🇱🇻 Arbroath v ICTFC 🇱🇺 - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

On 08/05/2022 at 11:51, 1320Lichtie said:

Go into the shop when you’re down here. Get 2 smokies for £7

I’ll likely be driving up, which fish shops will stay open to let me get Mrs Mantis her tea for Saturday?

11 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

There are a fair amount of nice quality  B&Bs in Arbroath - should be plenty to cater for any Inverness fans, but your right, Arbroath is short on hotels.

Thanks for that, B & B's are ok but it's like dossing in a strangers hoose with yer every move monitored. I prefer Hotels with their own bars and restaurants.

I looked at Carnoustie etc but I would have a couple before the game and no way would I then make the drive.

Starting to get a little nervous about this one now. If we don't get a good result tonight I am not sure how well we will do away from home if we need to go chasing a result.

Hope that, as usual, I am wrong...

Two 60/40s in favour of the home sides played in windy conditions three days apart - could go either way and will come down to individual moments.

Just had a look at our team from our 2019 play-off semi v Dundee United and it's crap in comparison to our current team (Brad Mckay, Coll Donaldson and Kevin Mchattie with Jordan White up front ffs). For some reason that has made me more positive going into tonight.

10 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Two 60/40s in favour of the home sides played in windy conditions three days apart - could go either way and will come down to individual moments.

Just had a look at our team from our 2019 play-off semi v Dundee United and it's crap in comparison to our current team (Brad Mckay, Coll Donaldson and Kevin Mchattie with Jordan White up front ffs). For some reason that has made me more positive going into tonight.

Brad Mckay still gives me nightmares and Mchattie never actually looked like a footballer. Donaldson actually done quite well for us, just as soon as he left he reverted into the Dundee United version of himself

17 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Brad Mckay still gives me nightmares and Mchattie never actually looked like a footballer. Donaldson actually done quite well for us, just as soon as he left he reverted into the Dundee United version of himself

Yeah, Coll was good that season tbf. Our centre midfield pairing was Joe Chalmers and Charlie Trafford 😬 

51 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I looked at Carnoustie etc but I would have a couple before the game and no way would I then make the drive.

22:05 train from Arbroath to Carnoustie is 6 minutes - gives you a couple of hours to sample some Carnoustie public houses if you wish ;) 

Edit - also enough options train wise, or even bus (20min) if needed, to get into Arbroath a few hours before the game.

Edited by SimonLichtie

I'm split. Arbroath going up is a well deserved ending to the best story in football this season. 

However, as an awayday, it's excellent. For that reason, I want them to stay down. 

Dammit. Win-win either way I guess. 

1 hour ago, ILoveDick said:

Caley fans, I've read you can't just park opposite the stadium because there's a good chance of getting a fine so where is best to park? Likely to be pretty close to KO by the time we get there.

Car park if you want to park as close as possible but it will cost you.

Your best bet is at one of the industrial units about 10 minutes walk away - https://what3words.com/looked.flops.plant

1 hour ago, ILoveDick said:

Caley fans, I've read you can't just park opposite the stadium because there's a good chance of getting a fine so where is best to park? Likely to be pretty close to KO by the time we get there.

There were cars parked opposite the stadium for the second leg against Partick and I don’t think anybody was fined. Whether that will be the case tonight, I’ve no idea.

Best of luck Arbroath.  You have been a breath of fishy air in the Championship this season.  Punching above your weight.  Would be a good get it up ye to the SPFL for a part time side with a traditional stadium to grace the top teir, and have the team in FIFA 23.  

Hope you do it!

43 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Best of luck Arbroath.  You have been a breath of fishy air in the Championship this season.  Punching above your weight.  Would be a good get it up ye to the SPFL for a part time side with a traditional stadium to grace the top teir, and have the team in FIFA 23.  

Hope you do it!

Arbroath are already in the SPFL m9