🇱🇻 Arbroath v ICTFC 🇱🇺 - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

The 3-0 defeat against Caley was arguably one of the most important results of the season for us.

After beating Killie at the start of February, our standards dipped and we only took 4 points from the 4 games that followed (and were fortunate to get that) when we probably needed at least 7 to keep momentum. A scrappy win to Dunfermline followed where we could easily have dropped points again.

However, Caley really punished our lethargy that day and it gave us a bit of a kick up the backside for the rest of the season. I'd like to think they won't be facing the same team on Tuesday.

We've generally struggled more against sides with strong, experienced centre-halves and I think we would have had a much better chance against the other Thistle. 

14 hours ago, sophia said:

It seems like just yesterday that one of our contributors ventured the opinion that given this season's form we wouldn't get promoted as we haven't played well for six games in a row.

This was typical of a prevailing mood on here that was as insipid as it was negative. It was a mindset that I'm proud to say that I tried my best to counter.

We're now a third of the way through the end of season show and we've already established that you don't really have to play well (how is that verified?), you just have to do better than your opponents.

I think it's safe to say that there were periods yesterday evening when we didn't play particularly well but we did more than enough.

Are there any amongst us that feel in any way obliged to feel more confident?

I'll say this for the last time - if we had won 3 or 4 games in that 11 game winless run we could have likely walked this Championship.

Now we are having to struggle through 6 games in just over two weeks.

https://www.arbroath-smokie.co.uk/product/pair-of-arbroath-smokies/

£21 for a couple of burned fish? I was looking to buy some smokies to feast on in advance of Tuesday night's match but I can't stomach those prices I'm afraid.

One moderately successful season and the village of Arbroath starts to think it's Monaco...

20 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

£21 for a couple of burned fish? I was looking to buy some smokies to feast on in advance of Tuesday night's match but I can't stomach those prices I'm afraid.

One moderately successful season and the village of Arbroath starts to think it's Monaco...

Monaco has got nothing on Costa del Licht, we've got yachts in our harbour Monaco can only dream of....and more sun, and better grub.

Get it right eh.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Go into the shop when you’re down here. Get 2 smokies for £7

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'll say this for the last time - if we had won 3 or 4 games in that 11 game winless run we could have likely walked this Championship.

Without wishing to get into a particularly weary sub section of Scottish politics, would I be correct in assuming that your auntie has settled gender?

There is no point in looking backwards but on the evidence of the season as a whole and viewing from this moment in history, your shrill calling for our manager to be sacked and your predicting his imminent failure far from your finest work.

I understand that this is as uncomfortable for you as it is for others but just a wee bit of positivity would go a long way.

Even though Arbroath is the best away day in the country and I'd miss going there next season, I really hope they do the business here.

They've been an example to everyone and a credit to themselves, the way they've gone about things this season.

As a Rovers fan, am I jealous of what they've achieved this season?

Absolutely, but not in a bitter way.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Looks like the halfwit hit a nerve there with those money facts.

I think it's you who is the halfwit. Full of bitterness and Envy because Killie were the winners. We know our club won the league having played little or no football and possibly the poorest team we have had in a decade. Only "part time" Arbroath kept the challenge going. Your lot did nothing I am sure the smokies will see your lot off. Bye bye for another 30 years sonny. 

1 hour ago, KTID26 said:

I think it's you who is the halfwit. Full of bitterness and Envy because Killie were the winners. We know our club won the league having played little or no football and possibly the poorest team we have had in a decade. Only "part time" Arbroath kept the challenge going. Your lot did nothing I am sure the smokies will see your lot off. Bye bye for another 30 years sonny. 

Would you bore off already 

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Tbh, if we had won half the games we drew, we would have skooshed the league, on the other hand if you're granny had bollocks, she'd be yer granda

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

That’s Michael Owen levels of punditry  

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

That’s Michael Owen levels of punditry  

There's a Rangersy level of entitlement amongst some within our support and given their outward signs of aggression, they are extremely hard to take to.

To those with an objective view, it is obvious what derailed our season but for those who prefer a sound bite and those who don't really deserve the time of day, it is all the fault of Billy Dodds who apparently is "a fud who has no idea what he's doing"