🇱🇻 Arbroath v ICTFC 🇱🇺 - WILLIE COLLUM IN THE MUD

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

In the first game Arbroath were there for the taking.  In the second game, we were there for the taking!  When we went down to nine twice, why didn't Arbroath just pummel us?  Our only attacking outlet was Joe Hardy who must be the smallest player in Scottish football and yet Arbroath's game didn't change at all.

Because we cannot score against Inverness. You have our number and have all season

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Because we cannot score against Inverness. You have our number and have all season

Even Bobby Linn came on I don't remember Arbroath trying to get the ball wide and stretch us - it was just the continued blootering forward and when he always had at least two big lumps at the back that was never going to be effective.

Arbroath remind me a wee bit of us under Terry Butcher - they know how they play and the players all know their jobs, but if the conditions change or the tactics don't work there's no way of changing it.

Edited by Highland Capital

Just now, Highland Capital said:

Even Bobby Linn came on I don't remember Arbroath trying to get the wide and stretch us - it was just the continued blootering forward and when he always had at least two big lumps at the back that was never going to be effective.

Well that’s just not true. After Bobby come on the only tactics were 

pass it to bobby 

😂😂

On 19/05/2022 at 09:31, SandyCromarty said:

Straws clutching and wet morning pillows.

It's over.

Clearly you don’t actually read the posts, just throw in random barbs..   We have NO problems going out on penalties.  This was actually about the old chestnut re whether penalties are the best way to decide a FINAL which maybe arose again in Europe this week. 

Edited by farflung lichtie

Clearly you don’t actually read the posts, just throw in random barbs..   We have NO problems going out on penalties.  This was actually about the old chestnut re whether penalties are the best way to decide a FINAL which maybe arose again in Europe this week. 

Would Frankfurt and Rangers just have played a half each in the Supercup and took turn about in the Champions League next season if they'd shared the trophy?

I don’t agree that penalties are a lottery either. There’s skill involved in taking one and taking one well for that matter. As evidenced by the fact that some players are better than others. Yes it also comes down to bottle and staying calm under pressure but I’d rather lose on penalties than share a trophy with another team. I’m sure there’s a DKB out there waiting to pounce on that…

Yep, a lottery is random chance where you have no influence over the outcome, other than buying a ticket to give you said chance. 

Each penalty kicker has the chance themselves as to whether they score or not. That’s not what a lottery is. It’s the equivalent of picking the winning numbers yourself.

Why do we not have the penalties before the game starts. More incentive then to win the match by scoring more goals than the opposition. Should a player miss a penalty they would probably be then putting more into the game. It would also stop the end of tactical substitution. Down side may be negative football by the penalty winning team but we could enjoy at least 90 minutes of attacking football.

On 18/05/2022 at 12:59, 1320Lichtie said:

How could you possibly celebrate a shared trophy 🤣

You could get half excited about it...

On 18/05/2022 at 23:14, lichtie23 said:

I rather enjoyed the penalty shootout Iv just watched in Seville 

Penalty shoot outs are great as long as your team isn't involved in them.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Would Frankfurt and Rangers just have played a half each in the Supercup and took turn about in the Champions League next season if they'd shared the trophy?

Why do you need to be so sarky? Obviously they would put a joint team with 5.5 players from each club.

Penalties are not a lottery. They can be very unpredictable though. It can be argued that they are not the best way to seperate teams but what realistic other choices are available?

Penalties are great if you win and horrible if you lose. I would always try to commit to going all out to win a game rather than having to go down the penalty route.

On 21/05/2022 at 12:48, Sir Tarmo said:

Arbroath fans will still be crying about this match in a years time. After all, sharing a pitch with The Caley in a play-off semi-final is by far the biggest moment in their history. 

Profound words mate.

Thanks for sharing.