Livi v St Johnstone.

Far better than last week and looked a lot more competitive.  Creating a few chances is an improvement as well. Bit of a slog to sit through, but that’s just where we’re at.

Can’t see any matches between now and the summer being anything other than nervy, hard fought affairs. After how meek we looked at Celtic and last week then I guess I’ll take it as it looked like we’d chucked it from those performances. 

Really feel we could do with a victory in our next couple of matches, as going into the play offs not knowing how to win is a big concern. Should have held on today but overall a draw was a fair enough score line.

Thought Middleton looked far more up for it today. Was critical of him lately as he looked lazy and disinterested, but he was direct running with the ball and showed good desire to get his goal. In a team struggling to create, if he applies himself like that in the play offs he could make an impact for us.

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Far better than last week and looked a lot more competitive.  Creating a few chances is an improvement as well. Bit of a slog to sit through, but that’s just where we’re at.

Can’t see any matches between now and the summer being anything other than nervy, hard fought affairs. After how meek we looked at Celtic and last week then I guess I’ll take it as it looked like we’d chucked it from those performances. 

Really feel we could do with a victory in our next couple of matches, as going into the play offs not knowing how to win is a big concern. Should have held on today but overall a draw was a fair enough score line.

Thought Middleton looked far more up for it today. Was critical of him lately as he looked lazy and disinterested, but he was direct running with the ball and showed good desire to get his goal. In a team struggling to create, if he applies himself like that in the play offs he could make an impact for us.

I wouldn't get my hopes up taking anything from that today, we had our heads somewhere else today, whoever you face in the play offs will be a hell of a lot more competitive than we were. Your best hopes is ICT getting to the final, their prev 4 games to get there will have a big effect on them, it's a tough and bruising battle playing 4 games in the play off let alone 6.

I'd rather Forrest had come on for Kelly and it was changed to 4-3-3. Shinnie to left centre mid, Pittman right centre mid, Holt holding. Kept Bailey at right wing, Forrest going to left wing. I felt Livi could've gone more attacking at that point as St Johnstone had stopped pressing and were camping in a bit. Instead it was just kept 4-2-3-1 but with Forrest less effective on the right than Bailey had been.

Middleton again tormented us when he came on just like in the February match. Picking up the ball inside right and threatening with his dribbling then scoring.

Getting the equaliser was good. That's not something the team had done yet this season; go very attacking and direct late on to get a goal then actually pulling it off.

Great one-on-one saves from Clark against Bailey and Konovalov against Hendry.

Edited by FreedomFarter

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up taking anything from that today, we had our heads somewhere else today, whoever you face in the play offs will be a hell of a lot more competitive than we were. Your best hopes is ICT getting to the final, their prev 4 games to get there will have a big effect on them, it's a tough and bruising battle playing 4 games in the play off let alone 6.

The Play-Offs will be a slog for us no matter who we play, because we can't score goals and our manager will be happy for it to go to penalties.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Play-Offs will be a slog for us no matter who we play, because we can't score goals and our manager will be happy for it to go to penalties.

Rest players and go in fresh, as Livi said those games are bruising.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rest players and go in fresh, as Livi said those games are bruising.

Hard to rest players when you don't know your strongest line up.

We were really lacking in that game with most of the team playing at half pace. Thought Konovalov was decent and I’d be tempted to stick with him even once Max is back. Defence looked ropey and were we not up against such a blunt force we would have been slaughtered. 

I am not as convinced as I was the last time we played St Johnstone at the TMA that they will survive playoffs. However, as much as they are a shite football team, I still think their physicality will see them through over two legs against a more drained Arbroath/Caley. 

Maybe if St Johnstone players concentrated on playing the game instead of falling down and squealing every time an opposition player goes near them they would not be in the position they are today. Some of that was downright embarrassing. They have tried it in every game we've played them this season. Glad we got a deserved equaliser.

It’s a pity we couldn’t play Livingston in the play-off. We’ve taken more points in matches against them than we have against anyone else this season.

Fair play to the sugar man, he has them well organised and the roughhouse tactics serve them well.  

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

It’s a pity we couldn’t play Livingston in the play-off. We’ve taken more points in matches against them than we have against anyone else this season.

Fair play to the sugar man, he has them well organised and the roughhouse tactics serve them well.  

Small detail of us having 13 points more than you for us being in the play offs, maybe we'll meet in them next season though.. But aye. it's a pity we couldn't play Celtic for the league title, we've won a game, lost a game and drawn a game against them this season, but it doesn't work like that.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

We are just rubbish. The goal comes from about the only time a couple of players are brave on the ball. The rest of the time it's just pondering, predictable, unimaginative, slow, one-paced, negative, unattractive and so, so fucking boring. 

The day Davidson is away can't come soon enough. 

Thanks for everything you've done but please let someone else have a go at managing this club. 

17 hours ago, The Saintee said:

He's probably too excitable to remember the managements negative tactics.

Genuinely think this is true. Rooney too thick / stubborn to adhere to The System, so will run at a player and take risks. 

Genuinely think this is true. Rooney too thick / stubborn to adhere to The System, so will run at a player and take risks. 

The more he’s played under Davidson the less he’s done this sadly. The manager’s negative aura hits everyone eventually

I've noticed Rooney still gets put at right centre back some games which is such a waste of his talents. He's a great attacking right wing back, that's his position and he shouldn't be moved from it. He was a stand out performer as usual yesterday. 

59 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

How delicious is the potential of relegating Dundee in a couple of weeks after confirming that St Johnstone can finish no higher than the playoffs?

Probably merits a victory parade for a club like Livingston, incredible achievements.

Punched well above our weight considering budgets fan base etc.Delighted to continue doing so.Feel that Saints should be ok,but wouldn't take Arbroath or Caley lightly.Gonna be nerve-racking for yous.At least its in your own hands.Good luck.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Probably merits a victory parade for a club like Livingston, incredible achievements.

Will you boys be having a parade if you win the relegation playoff that you find yourselves in???

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Was funny seeing the St Johnstone fans attempt a pitch invasion for scoring against us, they need to save it for when it actually matters in the play offs.

30 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

Will you boys be having a parade if you win the relegation playoff that you find yourselves in???

Arbroath might if they get to the final and win promotion. Every neutral football fan will be backing them. big Joel will probably be in the crowd cheering them on, pity we can't loan him back to them for the play offs.