Summer Signings 2022

According to Buffs recent Twitter posts and their website they have signed at least 10 NEW players and many of the former squad have not been retained.

The new signings ;   Dylan Mackin, Chris Millar, Craig Leitch, Mark Lamont, Conor Bolger,  Craig Gordon,  Kevin Nicoll,  Blair Macintyre,  Ewan Henderson & Jack McMahon.  

Seems like Alloa are going to give Bradley Rodden (formerly of Ashfield and Rossvale) a chance after he did well as a trialist. Any thoughts on him from West of Scotland League fans? Quite a big jump to League One. 

13 hours ago, andy25 said:

He's hardly kicked a ball in about 4 seasons emoji1787.png

That’s because he was brutally assaulted by the Pillok goalie,then he was attacked,defending someone,that left him with a serious brain injury,he’s still an excellent player,good luck to him at Cumnock 

16 hours ago, Waspie said:

Seems like Alloa are going to give Bradley Rodden (formerly of Ashfield and Rossvale) a chance after he did well as a trialist. Any thoughts on him from West of Scotland League fans? Quite a big jump to League One. 

Not that big a jump having seen the state of Clyde against Clydebank last season!

22 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

Not that big a jump having seen the state of Clyde against Clydebank last season!

I know this is something you have difficulty with but once again, cup ties are not a great barometer of the relative strength of different leagues. Alloa have beaten several Premier League teams in cup competition over the past couple of decades. This didn't mean that our players or other players from our league should have been playing in the Premier League. There are always some individuals who might be capable of making a step up. We can only Rodden is such a player, but I was really hoping to hear an opinion from somebody who has seen a bit of him, rather than you bringing out this rather simplistic argument once more. 

Edited by Waspie

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

I know this is something you have difficulty with but once again, cup ties are not a great barometer of the relative strength of different leagues. Alloa have beaten several Premier League teams in cup competition over the past couple of decades. This didn't mean that our players or other players from our league should have been playing in the Premier League. There are always some individuals who might be capable of making a step up. We can only Rodden is such a player, but I was really hoping to hear an opinion from somebody who has seen a bit of him, rather than you bringing out this rather simplistic argument once more. 

There are no players from League 1 that could play in the Premier League?

I think your premise that because players are playing further down the pyramid means that they aren’t good enough to play at the exalted level of League 1 is simplistic.

There are players playing in the WoSFL earning more money then they can get in L1 or L2.

41 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

There are no players from League 1 that could play in the Premier League?

I think your premise that because players are playing further down the pyramid means that they aren’t good enough to play at the exalted level of League 1 is simplistic.

There are players playing in the WoSFL earning more money then they can get in L1 or L2.

I literally said there are always some players who might be capable of stepping up. Anyway, we've been over this before a few times and it's going nowhere. 

I take it you haven't seen Rodden play? I'd like to hear from someone who has. 

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

I literally said there are always some players who might be capable of stepping up. Anyway, we've been over this before a few times and it's going nowhere. 

I saw Rossvale once but they weren’t up to much.

Can’t say any of them stood out.

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

Some him playing for ashfield a few times and thought he could play in the wosfl Premier, so hopefully he'll do well at alloa.