Summer Signings 2022

On 26/06/2022 at 14:33, BombayBadBoy said:

Talbot were interested but wanted him to trial after a season in league 2 🤦🏻‍♂️ Embarrassing 

I'm actually very surprised at this as I would expect tucker to know exactly what daz Christie is capable of as much as anyone is  .

On 28/06/2022 at 11:01, AM-1 said:

Cambuslang Rangers U21s losing a fair few players to rival teams. It's my understanding they have no direct affiliation to the senior team but even still shame they're moving on. 

Tbf their top goalscorer signed for Cambuslang.  Maybe that was the only player they were interested in

On 28/06/2022 at 11:01, AM-1 said:

Cambuslang Rangers U21s losing a fair few players to rival teams. It's my understanding they have no direct affiliation to the senior team but even still shame they're moving on. 

Cambuslang Rangers U21s used Somervell Park for games against Glencairn u21s, so there must be some sort of affiliation there.

16 hours ago, peasy23 said:

An end to the Boubekri saga. Guessing a profit for Cumnock for a guy who never kicked a ball for them.

Was the only sensible outcome, if Cumnock had him signed first then Meadow had no claim to him. Best course of action for all parties but if it were my club I wouldn't be happy with how the player has handled this. He better be good for meadow!!

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Was the only sensible outcome, if Cumnock had him signed first then Meadow had no claim to him. Best course of action for all parties but if it were my club I wouldn't be happy with how the player has handled this. He better be good for meadow!!

Must admit I wouldn't have very good first impressions of a guy who done this and he doesn't seem the sort that many should want near their club after this  .

On 27/06/2022 at 10:28, southerner said:

Did you go to the AGM and take your opportunity to ask questions directly to the manager?

Doubt it, check his previous posts, always trying to have a dig at Talbot. Next we’ll have auchinleck person on trying not to forget his cap locks again. 

The story of the guy signing for Cumnock then meadow brings a strange story back to me I think it was the 1990s and I can't get the exact details but it were along the lines of the following, 

I think again it might have involved meadow and their teams coach engine was running and about to depart for an early round Scottish cup tie -possibly up north ,the players name was along the lines of Martin feeney and either an opponents manager or club secretary -shettleston Springs to mind  - ran on the bus at the last minute and pleaded with the player not to take part in that Scottish cup game as he was desperate to sign him and not as a cup tied player, after lots of persuasion the player got up and left the bus and requested his match day kit bag etc and signed with the other club instead hence refusing to play in the Scottish that day  . As said its all rather hazy and some of the details won't be entirely correct however this happened and it made the newspaper at the time  although not sure if anyone else can recall it ?

9 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

The story of the guy signing for Cumnock then meadow brings a strange story back to me I think it was the 1990s and I can't get the exact details but it were along the lines of the following, 

I think again it might have involved meadow and their teams coach engine was running and about to depart for an early round Scottish cup tie -possibly up north ,the players name was along the lines of Martin feeney and either an opponents manager or club secretary -shettleston Springs to mind  - ran on the bus at the last minute and pleaded with the player not to take part in that Scottish cup game as he was desperate to sign him and not as a cup tied player, after lots of persuasion the player got up and left the bus and requested his match day kit bag etc and signed with the other club instead hence refusing to play in the Scottish that day  . As said its all rather hazy and some of the details won't be entirely correct however this happened and it made the newspaper at the time  although not sure if anyone else can recall it ?

Martin Feeney went on to play for Cumnock