Quiz.

Guest Bully Wee For Me

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okdoke. Who was the first Asian to play in both the top league in England and the top league in Scotland?

Don't know if he's the first but Thistle had an asian guy called Joey Pathak in the early to mid eighties.

In England, again don't know if he's the first but Bury had an Indian international (don't know his name) on their books about 5 years ago.

Terry Butcher

Had totally forgotten I'd set this question until just now. Doesn't matter as someone had only posted the right answer just before I came online :lol:

Terry Butcher is correct, born in Singapore.

Your go bairnagain

Can you think of a Former Scottish internationalist who has played for three clubs who has won The European Cup, but he has not got a winners medal himself as he was not with that club at the time.

Bonus points if you get the Welsh internationalist who has the same distinction.

For example Brian McClair could be added if you were to include his first club as a youth Aston Villa, as he went on to play for Celtic and Manchester Urinal.

Got it? Good!

Had totally forgotten I'd set this question until just now. Doesn't matter as someone had only posted the right answer just before I came online :lol:

Terry Butcher is correct, born in Singapore.

Your go bairnagain

Look sorry to be pedantic and maybe I'm just taking this a bit seriously but if we're going to do this let's at least keep the questions fair.

Terry Butcher was born in Singapore but it by no stretch of the imagination "Asian" just as John McEnroe isn't German and Cliff Richard isn't Indian.

The Honey Monster one is an old trick question which everyone bar David seems to know but it's hardly football trivia.

Alan McInally has played for Celtic, Aston Villa, Bayern Munich and Scotland. All three club sides have won the European Cup. He definitely wasn't at Celtic when they won it, not sure of the other two!

Can you think of a Former Scottish internationalist who has played for three clubs who has won The European Cup, but he has not got a winners medal himself as he was not with that club at the time.

Bonus points if you get the Welsh internationalist who has the same distinction.

For example Brian McClair could be added if you were to include his first club as a youth Aston Villa, as he went on to play for Celtic and Manchester Urinal.

Got it? Good!

Alan McInally (Celtic, Aston Villa, Bayern Munich)

Mark Hughes (Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich)

Alan McInally has played for Celtic, Aston Villa, Bayern Munich and Scotland. All three club sides have won the European Cup. He definitely wasn't at Celtic when they won it, not sure of the other two!

Bugger!

Beaten by seconds because I chose to post a whinge before I posted the right answer! :(

Got it? Good!

Alan McInally (Celtic, Aston Villa, Bayern Munich)

Mark Hughes (Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich)

And while we're about the subject,

Tony Cascarino (Celtic, Aston Villa, Marseille)

and any number of Englishmen also hold the same distinction

ie Stan Collymore (Nottingham Forest, Liverpool, Aston Villa)

Archived