Quiz.

Guest Bully Wee For Me

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Se Draca

I think I can answer these:

Nottingham Forest were English champs when they won the European cup. You had to be champs to enter in them days.

Aston Villa won shedloads (well 7) of FA cups in the way back when. It stood as the record haul for yonks until scabby clubs like Liverpuke and ManUre became media darlings.

Tbilisi - Soviet Champions in 1964 & 1978.

Magdeburg - East German Champs 1971-72, plus 3 times Cup winners in the 60s (twice under their former name - SC Aufbau Magdeburg).

Here is a clue - the team in question won the UEFA Cup, and lost their only other European final appearance.

Ferencvaros - 27 Hungarian titles (under various names) from 1903. First title under current name was in 1962/3.

Wolves - Never won the UEFA Cup. Runners up to Spurs in the 1971/2.

Nk Dinamo? I assume you mean Dinamo Zagreb (Winners 67/8, Runners Up 62/3). Yugoslavian Champs 1947/8.

Another clue? This might well give it away, but there is a good chance that several people on this board may well have been at the game where they lost their second Euro Final.

Ferencvaros - 27 Hungarian titles (under various names) from 1903. First title under current name was in 1962/3.

Wolves - Never won the UEFA Cup. Runners up to Spurs in the 1971/2.

Nk Dinamo? I assume you mean Dinamo Zagreb (Winners 67/8, Runners Up 62/3). Yugoslavian Champs 1947/8.

Another clue? This might well give it away, but there is a good chance that several people on this board may well have been at the game where they lost their second Euro Final.

Leverkusen.

Yup. The Bayer Leverkusen Honour Roll goes something like this:

UEFA Cup Winners 1987/8.

German Cup Winners 1992/3.

And, eh, at a push, Regional League West Champs 1967/8, a sort of regionalised second division - the level (at that time) below the Bundesliga.

That's it.

• 3 weeks later...
That comes from 2 years ago, they came 2nd in the German Cup, League and Champions League.

this thread has fairley died of death.

anyway here is another question (apologies if it has already been done i just cant be arsed looking through all the posts)

9 citites have had 2 teams play in a European Cup or Champions League semi final.

can u name them?

Guest thebouncyteddybear

Also:

Bucharest, Vienna, Dundee, Moscow, Madrid

and thanks to chelsea, number 9 is london after spurs got there in 1961/2

Guest thebouncyteddybear

One premiership player has the inverse name of a player who played for the same club last year for example:

Bobby Charlton and Charlton Bobby.

This is nice n easy, name him

Guest Ruggy Bairn
Piss off, Ruggy :P :P :P

:D

You set a question Kev, I don't have any, I just have a fountain of information stored in my mind. ;)

Archived