Quiz.

Guest Bully Wee For Me

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which two teams in england do not have to wear their away strips at an away game, but can instead insist that the home team change theirs?

Spurs & QPR?

When Spurs (white shirts, blue shorts) played QPR (blue/white hooped shirts, white shorts) in the FA Cup Final, they said that this was a colour clash and made both teams change.

Guest thebouncyteddybear
Spurs & QPR?

When Spurs (white shirts, blue shorts) played QPR (blue/white hooped shirts, white shorts) in the FA Cup Final, they said that this was a colour clash and made both teams change.

bit late, the answers were preston and reading cos an fa cup final is not an away game it is a game at a neutral venue

Question

Which two teams in england do not have to wear their away strips at an away game, but can instead insist that the home team change theirs?

Answer

bit late, the answers were preston and reading cos an fa cup final is not an away game it is a game at a neutral venue

Can anyone make any sense of that answer, given what the question states? or is it just me being daft? :blink:

No, it doesn't make any sense to me, either.

Also, strips aren't technically "home" and "away", they are first and second choice shirts. I've quite often seen County wear yellow at home, for example.

Guest Ruggy Bairn

It reads to me, that the answers were Preston and Reading.

The bit about the FA cup final was the reasoning to show the answer K38jfb gave was wrong..

Why Reading and Preston though, what is the reason?

And Falkirk often wear their "away" kit at home too.

No, it doesn't make any sense to me, either.

Also, strips aren't technically "home" and "away", they are first and second choice shirts. I've quite often seen County wear yellow at home, for example.

And wasnt that the most god awful "away" shirt in our history Jim! :lol:

I can see what bouncy means, it just isn`t worded well.

Indeed. I liked the white one with a blue band across the middle we wore at Tynecastle when we lost on penalties....

I'd still like to know why QPR and Preston don't have to change their shirts.

Both strips that season were pretty fine looking. I still cant believe we lost that game on penalties, we hosed on them well and truelly. Franck Escalon was magnificent. We hit the woodwork twice, then that useless bugger Holmes scored against us. Shame he couldn`t score for us :lol:

The bit about the FA cup final was the reasoning to show the answer K38jfb gave was wrong..

To quote myself since i got the answer ;)

Is it Preston North End as they are the first winners of the league????

and the other one i'm not sure of but i found this on a website, might be utter p!sh

is it Reading as they are the only team to play in Royal Bershire???? 

Sounds daft but thats what this site says 

That's with the co-operation of the away team. Clyde refused to wear their away top at Ochilview earlier this season and then went out and won 2-0 :D

And can thebouncyteddybear change his signature, it takes up half the thread <_<

just look up the back of a wee red book then it will tell you

Well the question was supposed to be so that you could come up with the answer without looking up a book. Since i was doing it from memory then it was probably post war or something, hence the 6.

Any new questions or have we hit a lul?

Well the question was supposed to be so that you could come up with the answer without looking up a book. Since i was doing it from memory then it was probably post war or something, hence the 6.

Any new questions or have we hit a lul?

that comment was directed at you so you could revise the question. ;)

Archived