Northern Ireland Assembly Election 2022

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I took some time out (over an hour) to watch this the other day.  Worth a watch if you want to know the details, which are complex:

I'm not about to watch an hour long video from the man who negotiated the protocol unless you point me to the time when he proves it wasn't his fault. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Let's not forget that SF did something similar on collapsing Stormont in the not too distant past. Nicola Sturgeon and The National could have made congratulating the Alliance party and the rise of the moderate middle ground their main talking point. They chose not to. Maybe says something important about how the SNP view themselves.

Sturgeon has also congratulated Arlene Foster in the past for her election victories 

I think some people are looking too much into a well done 

8 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

As I said previously, I'm not too bothered if you watch the video or not.  I'm not out to prove anything or win childish arguments.

So why post an hour long video as a gotcha?

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not about to watch an hour long video from the man who negotiated the protocol unless you point me to the time when he proves it wasn't his fault. 

Frost whinges continually. Never accepts any responsibility for an agreement that he, and his entire party, pushed through on a timeline of their choosing.

It is all the EU/Ireland and everyone's else's fault!

Transcript here if you don't wanna watch the bloviating tit.

The Northern Ireland Protocol: how we got here, and what should happen now? Keynote speech by Rt Hon Lord Frost of Allenton CMG - Policy Exchange

Edited by Zern

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I didn't post anything as a gotcha.

I think you've completely misread the situation.

For those who can't be arsed listening to Lord Frost's nothing to do with me gov spiel, Arlene Foster does it for him at 58 mins.  The DUP thought that Brexit would mean creating a border between the North and South, instead it created a border between East and West, which Frost negotiated. No wonder the DUP are embarrassed, humiliated and angry.

Edited by welshbairn

Arlene Foster on GMB.

Heavy MISSUS BINFIELD vibes off her.

I'm sure 'fair and legitimate request' came into the conversation at least once but unfortunately no mention of cheddar cheese and pineapple on a stick.

10 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I didn't post anything as a gotcha.

I think you've completely misread the situation.

As Michelle O'Neill said to Sir Jeffrey Donaldson...

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

For those who can't be arsed listening to Lord Frost's nothing to do with me gov spiel, Arlene Foster does it for him at 58 mins.  The DUP thought that Brexit would mean creating a border between the North and South, instead it created a border between East and West, which Frost negotiated. No wonder the DUP are embarrassed, humiliated and angry.

Now you're getting somewhere.

10 hours ago, Zern said:

Frost whinges continually. Never accepts any responsibility for an agreement that he, and his entire party, pushed through on a timeline of their choosing.

It is all the EU/Ireland and everyone's else's fault!

Transcript here if you don't wanna watch the bloviating tit.

The Northern Ireland Protocol: how we got here, and what should happen now? Keynote speech by Rt Hon Lord Frost of Allenton CMG - Policy Exchange

A bit more complicated than that Zern.