Jump to content

Northern Ireland Assembly Election 2022


Recommended Posts

Edwin Poots saying the protocol needs addressing otherwise the peace process will be set back years.

I've never heard someone talk about Her Majesty's Government so often, must be painful to have everything you base your life on torn down.

Crazy they won't go back to Stormont without the NIP changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
32 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
I'm listening to Radio Ulster, not giving me a headache.
Try not to cheer so loudly when Sinn Fein get in.
Currently: SF 10, APNI 2, DUP 2, UUP 1 and 1 Independent*
* AFAIK he was DUP last time out so the DUP need to win an extra seat somewhere to end up with the same number as last time - an unlikely prospect, imho.

Whats the final projection from the analysts or is it too early to say?

Don't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Seen an interview with a lassie from the Alliance party earlier on basically saying if the Dup don't want to keep Stormont functioning then the rules need changed so it goes to the next party 

I think in order to change the rules you need cross community support, so...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think in order to change the rules you need cross community support, so...

Yeah I was busy but I'm sure she said just get it changed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sinn Fein top the poll in Foyle, but the SDLP get in in second.

SF 15, APNI 2, DUP 2, UUP 1, Independent 1, SDLP 1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No.

Unless they redesignate, not sure how easy that is.

Sure they could just wave a few flags and utter a few banal statements about 'no surrender', 'being the peeple' and stuff. That seems to be about the jist of NI bampot Yoonery

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Sure they could just wave a few flags and utter a few banal statements about 'no surrender', 'being the peeple' and stuff. That seems to be about the jist of NI bampot Yoonery

I'm sure they could. Would get them zero extra votes, and cost them what they have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Edwin Poots saying the protocol needs addressing otherwise the peace process will be set back years.

I've never heard someone talk about Her Majesty's Government so often, must be painful to have everything you base your life on torn down.

Crazy they won't go back to Stormont without the NIP changed.

Keeping in mind they got what they wanted by taking NI out the EU

Now they’re moaning about the consequences of it.

Its almost as if they have absolutely nothing to offer except fake outrage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mary Lou looks like a character from Arthur.

Wonder if a bookie will take my punt - TUV will be the biggest unionist party in Ireland by 2035?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm listening to Radio Ulster, not giving me a headache.

Try not to cheer so loudly when Sinn Fein get in.

Currently: SF 10, APNI 2, DUP 2, UUP 1 and 1 Independent*

* AFAIK he was DUP last time out so the DUP need to win an extra seat somewhere to end up with the same number as last time - an unlikely prospect, imho.

Ach my sinnerism on here is more of an affectation to wind up ****.

I'd vote for a united ireland in a border poll if i lived here but have enough pals on both sides here to realise this stalemate has been the best most folk have ever had it. They are green and alliance voters. 

My nana annie did organise the Sinn Féin dances in Dundee in the 1920s but that was a different SF and they held them in the Lodge. One side needed a venue and the other side thought a booking is a booking. I like that 

 

Edited by invergowrie arab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Ach my sinnerism on here is more of an affectation to wind up ****.

I'd vote for a united ireland in a border poll if i lived here but have enough pals on both sides here to realise this stalemate has been the best most folk have ever had it. They are green and alliance voters. 

My nana annie did organise the Sinn Féin dances in Dundee in the 1920s but that was a different SF and they held them in the Lodge. One side needed a venue and the other side thought a booking is a booking. I like that 

 

A guy I know quite well, is from a very nationalist area of Derry, although lives in Belfast (after a wee spell in Scotland)and is now both a GAA and Northern Irish fitba team (as his first Irish side! He supports both).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...