Ireland v scotland

Singling out individuals for criticism is not the way to go here.

As for "long hard season" pish, what about other international players and teams that overwhelming buck this trend?

This lies firmly at the door of Clarke, he's in last chance saloon. One more abject shitshow and he must go, we deserve better.

Collectively players must take flack too.

2 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I don't care if they are skint, they owe us better than we have been getting served up for years by Scottish jobbers.

I know we're not Brazil but I do honestly think I could do a better job after today.

I agree with you regards defeats, also its the roller coaster form under Clarke that really pisses me off. How many times have we failed to turn up in the first half.

If its Malky MacKay I suggest we withdraw from international football.

Some of our most successful campaigns came under coaches that were not well known names in the game. Roxburgh and Brown both led us to WC and Euros. 

Maybe you are the man for the job. 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s been a problem well before that. Dalglish and Hansen, both multiple European Cup winners, got the same treatment.

They never made it out of the group stages in a tournament 

Justifiably criticism imo 

Just now, SuperSaints1877 said:

Some of our most successful campaigns came under coaches that were not well known names in the game. Roxburgh and Brown both led us to WC and Euros. 

Maybe you are the man for the job. 

I dream of the days of these two. 

I would give it a go. I don't understand how learned managers and experienced players continue to f**k it up on a regular basis for Scotland.

The most certain thing with Scotland is uncertainty.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Away man. He was massively at fault for the first. He didn't know what to do and found himself well out of position.

Our entire defence marking absolutely nobody in the six yard box after the ball is played over the head of Gordon, and you’re blaming him? I suppose he should have grown another pair of legs and arms for the second.

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Who's in that mad ride? Rene Havard or something?
Get him in, just for a bit of a laugh.

Why not.

Sadly old Bora Multinovic has probably retired but someone like him would be the answer.

His record getting unfancied nations to the World Cup and making an impression was unrivalled

Late to the party but that was an absolute disgrace.  Not winning group or coming best 2nd so got 4 friendlies starting next week. Embarrassing couple of weeks all round, we have regressed about 10 years in a fortnight.  Players look like they can't be fucked - need 40 chances to test a keeper and look like conceding every time a ball is shelled up our way.  

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Our entire defence marking absolutely nobody in the six yard box after the ball is played over the head of Gordon, and you’re blaming him? I suppose he should have grown another pair of legs and arms for the second.

He was all over the place for the first.

I never mentioned him at all regarding the other two goals.

5 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Best keeper in the league though :lol:

How many times has he bailed us out since becoming number one again? He's one of our best players. Stop overreacting.

1 hour ago, Fratelli said:

The stuff about Robertson, better players, system, increased expectation/scrutiny etc is all true - but doesn't explain him blootering a cross out of play, mis-controlling simple passes, mis-placing 10 yard passes, having his touch go out for a throw in and so on. I'm a massive fan of him and have stuck up for him constantly - but he makes a baffling amount of individual, technical errors in a Scotland shirt that have nothing to do with the system or players around him. Mistakes you'd be surprised at lesser players making, never mind him. He's not the only one of course, but the better players argument only goes so far.

I should point out that he was consistently brilliant for us around 2014-17/18ish and hardly put a foot wrong. There may be an element of him trying too hard as a result of the expectations placed on him, something he has spoken about publicly too.

TBF there's no doubt that in the average 90 mins for Liverpool he will probably misplace a couple of passes and make an arse of a cross or two. However that's rightly forgotten about because in such an attacking team he'll get plenty of chances to make up for it. 

For Scotland, because most of our players are, and have been largely utter jobbers for years, we probably expect him to make virtually no mistakes at all, and any that he does make will be magnified because he's playing in a shite team that doesn't attack nearly as much. 

There's a lot of truth in your last sentence, he probably does try too hard because of the expectation on him which results in more errors. 

43 minutes ago, QwaarJet said:

How many times has he bailed us out since becoming number one again? He's one of our best players. Stop overreacting.

No point bailing us out if, ultimately, you are going to sell the jerseys for the first goal in a WC Playoff and then flap about like a fish out of water tonight.

A great servant for Scotland, but it's time to look elsewhere for the future.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Sadly old Bora Multinovic has probably retired but someone like him would be the answer.

His record getting unfancied nations to the World Cup and making an impression was unrivalled

Yep he had quite a career. His last job was with Iraq in 2009 though.

Watching that third goal back sums up the full performance really.
Starts with Gordon from a goal kick under hitting a short pass to McTominay, he makes it but can only play it back to Hanley who hoofs it up the line under pressure from the eventual goal scorer.
Ralston loses the first header, McGregor gets pressured into flicking the second header back into a dangerous area and Christie loses a 50/50 from the loose ball, Gilmour manages to control it but gives it away instantly, then McGregor misses the ball in what should be a straight forward interception and then Gordon does a T Rex flap at the shot.
Error upon error and losing individual battles from back to front, which we did all day long.

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

Yep he had quite a career. His last job was with Iraq in 2009 though.

One who I thought of was Lars Lagerback but I see he's over 70 now so probably wouldn't fancy it.  Working as a technical director for the Icelandic FA.

Edited by Highland Capital