Ireland v scotland

5 minutes ago, gerrymcc1978 said:

robertson does need to do better 100% agree. but lets not start pretending hickey is aywhere near his level, if we actually played with some attacking intent we might see the best of robertson but we dont , and the answer to us dropping him for a right footed LB just makes us even more slow and predictable in possession.

Andy Robertson is knackered...give him a fuckin break!

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I do actually agree, I think the likes of McGinn and Robertson certainly look burnt out tbh. It’s not just volume of games but their intensity - the EPL is a much more tough league than most for that and they are two players that played every game they were available for their club, likewise Hanley who has also looked slow (and he isn’t actually a slow player.

i think robertson, mcgregor and mcginn alll look dead on their feet

I think thats the system though, we've got to get him into those areas high up the pitch, we just do not move the ball well enough or quick enough to penetrate defences.

The last few games having KT missing has made that worse tbh but he’s a world class player, he should be the leader that gets the ball and tries to make things happen. I like Robertson but he’s been so frustrating recently

I think thats the system though, we've got to get him into those areas high up the pitch, we just do not move the ball well enough or quick enough to penetrate defences.

The last few games having KT missing has made that worse tbh but he’s a world class player, he should be the leader that gets the ball and tries to make things happen. I like Robertson but he’s been so frustrating recently

13 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Totally agree with KT and the fact its the same style every game. We don’t ever press in big games, and it kills us

Really? You have a short or selective memory sir.

Watch the first 15 mins of this game .Scotland were playing a high press and everything looked promising up until McGinn missed what I thought was a certain goal.

Thereafter...for no apparent reason...we sat back...let them come onto us and...........well we all know what happened next.

Totally inexplicable.This was the players doing.....dont tell me Clarke told them to park the bus cos I wont believe you.

2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Really? You have a short or selective memory sir.

Watch the first 15 mins of this game .Scotland were playing a high press and everything looked promising up until McGinn missed what I thought was a certain goal.

Thereafter...for no apparent reason...we sat back...let them come onto us and...........well we all know what happened next.

Totally inexplicable.This was the players doing.....dont tell me Clarke told them to park the bus cos I wont believe you.

That begs the question. Why are the players not following the manager's instructions?

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

That begs the question. Why are the players not following the manager's instructions?

I think you're (understandably) asking the wrong question.

See a post I made earlier re: "fragility".

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

I think you're (understandably) asking the wrong question.

See a post I made earlier re: "fragility".

Is a lot more than fragility. Shameful episodes from Premiership players whose managers continue to pick them. Steve Clarke is a dud

Well that was utterly dreadful. As are several posts on here looking for an individual scapegoat. We didn’t lose that tonight because any one individual player had an off-day, we were miles off it as a team.

The worrying thing for me continues to be the lack of options for the man on the ball. We inevitably end up passing it backwards as there’s no-one providing an option forwards.

Edited by munro7

A few people tried that excuse after the Ukraine game, tonight's result destroys that argument. If Ireland's players can play like that then there is no reason why Scotland's can't.
See my post a few before yours - I'm not disagreeing with you

I’ve calmed down a bit now, but that was utterly fucking gutless shite from us. Just woeful all over.

When we pressed the Irish defence, they made mistakes and that’s where our (few) moments of joy came from. No idea why we didn’t do it more often, or with more intensity.

I thought Gordon was poor on the first two goals, and, given his age, I’d probably be looking to give Kelly or McCrorie (preferably the former) a game out in Armenia and start blooding him in the team - he might not be great, but he’s going to be the best we have for a while.

I did think we looked a marginally better in the second half, without ever actually threatening them. Gilmour, when he came on, was actually able to take the ball on and complete some passes, and Armstrong had a few decent runs. That’s massively clutching at straws for positives because it was still miles from being acceptable. 

I also hope that Clarke now realises that Ralston is an option against silly joke teams like Armenia, but anyone vaguely decent and he’s not up to it. I’m not saying that performance was down to him, but I thought he was really poor.

Hendry as well was bad - he can be very good, but seems to have some games where he just looks like someone’s brought a mate to make up the numbers and he’s never played centre half before. I also don’t think that Jacob Brown looks up to much, and I can see why he’s only played about 8 minutes across his 3 previous caps.

I’m not at the Clarke out stage, as we’ve undoubtedly gotten better under his tenure - although we clearly have better players - but there’s definitely question marks over him. He needs, pretty urgently, to find a plan B. As I said previously, Ireland are, and were, pish and we gave them no problems. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow