Ireland v scotland

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

I want him to go but I'm absolutely terrified we get Mark McGhee or whomever is pals with the board right now. Tin pot governance.

Ross County just had a top six finish. The SFA will surely be watching their manager's progress closely!

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Ross County just had a top six finish. The SFA will surely be watching their manager's progress closely!

He's already had one game in charge of the national team mind.

An instance of absolutely everything going wrong. I'm not even sure if the selection debates would've made a difference, everyone out there just looked destined to fail in every formation we played.

4 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

So you happy with the garbage of the past year? I want us to be successful and with a squad liberally endowed with Premiersbip players we should be a damn sight more than we are

The past year? Between Denmark beating us 2-0 and Ukraine beating us we’ve had 6 wins and 2 draws. 

I didn't watch this game or the last game, too scunnered after ukraine to go to the hassle of trying to get them.

From the sounds of things tonight was a disaster and the manager has lost complete support.

Wonder if he's lost the players also. Blaming them for his terrible ukraine tactics might not have went down well in the squad.

16 minutes ago, velo army said:

The response after the Denmark game was hyperbolic. We played very well and Denmark had four key players missing. We get pumped in that game if Braithwaite, Damsgaard and the big blonde boy up top (whose name I can't recall right now) play. I enjoyed that result hugely, but it wasn't as if we beat the European Semi Finalists, we beat that team minus a few very important players. The Serbia game was actually Clarke's best moment, until he almost blew it. We were massively on top and comfortable until he made an absolutely disastrous substitution which put us on the back foot for the rest of the game and almost did for us in extra time. 

As has been noted his tactical inflexibility is an issue, but it seems there is also a motivational issue. It sounds like Eire were hungrier than us, which is unforgivable. 

I want him to go but I'm absolutely terrified we get Mark McGhee or whomever is pals with the board right now. Tin pot governance.

Cornelius

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

He's already had one game in charge of the national team mind.

f**k that, been there done it. Needs to be an outside the box option. Someone on the ascendancy. Britney Spears, c’mon down. Or across/diagonally. Or whatever fucking direction you need to be going in. Just don’t end up toxic.

An instance of absolutely everything going wrong. I'm not even sure if the selection debates would've made a difference, everyone out there just looked destined to fail in every formation we played.
Agreed. It is actually quite hard to pinpoint a single cause of failure (cue "answer: Clarke" type replies).
Part of me thinks the June dates don't suit us energy-wise... but we looked sharp enough Vs Armenia the other night. Truth is ROI were simply more fired up and determined than us.
Part of me also looks to Clarke's selection and tactics... but he made his changes with plenty of time left today. And the criticism over shifting McTominay into defence and back again feels moot - we were powderpuff in each and every variation we tried.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

The past year? Between Denmark beating us 2-0 and Ukraine beating us we’ve had 6 wins and 2 draws. 

Aye. Austria away who already in the play offs. Denmark already qualified when they came to us. Its not the Ukraine or Irish game only. The surrenders to the Czechs and especially Croatia after half time were ridiculous. Of course we beat the Faroes in the last minute in the North Atlantic. Have no issue if your happy with that. I am not