Ireland v scotland

Just now, welldaft said:

It would help if some of the media challenged this ineptitude. This is the worst result in his reign. We seem a team devoid of grit. The players are clearly fucked. But Clarke still play same team. I would have started Kelly in goal. Turnbull and Ross Stewart. Could not have done any worse. Woeful. Abject. Utter shite 🤬

Turnbull should just retire from international football.

Treated like shite by U21s as well. 

Ball players are 'suspect' in this country.  

Until that changes we will do nothing at international level.  McTominay has 32 caps and Turnbull has 1 start.  Fucking hell.

How many utterly garbage corners do we need to take before the best set piece taker in the squad gets a chance?  Just fucking that.

8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Tom English & Willie Miller pulling no punches

English says he’s swithering on whether Clarke should go

Wow

The question has to be asked imo. Apart from Denmark who had already won the group, how many games have we actually won that were a shock? We have repeatedly shat the bed in big games, Czech Republic in the Euros, Ukraine last week, and now today. Tactically we were shocking in all 3 of those games.

45 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

“Ohh I always knew we were shite really” Shut the f**k up you insufferable p***k. 

He's got a point.

We played well in Serbia yet nearly blew it.  We worked hard at Wembley and were terrific against Denmark.  

Otherwise, it's really not been great, and sometimes - like twice in the last ten days - utterly atrocious.  Those who didn't lose all control and self respect, are entitled to look back.

That was embarrassing stuff. We were thumped and the game was gone half an hour in. Trying not to get too reactive but after standing and watching that, I'm really struggling to see why Clarke should remain in charge. He's far too slow to react to things going wrong and utterly tactically inflexible.

24 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

What good did it do us? Disgrace once more. Coco the clown would do a better job

I suppose it helped our ranking but in the end it didn’t get us to the World Cup.

Scotland getting outplayed and beaten is painful but it’s a fairly regular occurrence these days. Despite this supposedly wonderful squad we have. It’s just usually slightly better teams than Ireland who dispense the beating.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The question has to be asked imo. Apart from Denmark who had already won the group, how many games have we actually won that were a shock? We have repeatedly shat the bed in big games, Czech Republic in the Euros, Ukraine last week, and now today. Tactically we were shocking in all 3 of those games.

We scraped a 1-0 away in Austria.

A solid defensive effort against a side who also had an inept manager who got binned

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Austria away and Serbia away were both against the odds wins for Scotland. Albeit the Serbia win was on penalties that was still about the best Scotland performance of the last 10 years.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's got a point.

We played well in Serbia yet nearly blew it.  We worked hard at Wembley and were terrific against Denmark.  

Otherwise, it's really not been great, and sometimes - like twice in the last ten days - utterly atrocious.  Those who didn't lose all control and self respect, are entitled to look back.

No he hasn’t. He’s one of a lot of fans on here who are utterly negative, self-loathing Scots who can’t wait to come on during or after a bad performance to slag everything off.

Todays game was dreadful, as was the Ukraine game, not saying they weren’t. Yet I am not going to be gaslit into pretending that we haven’t had some very good performances under Clarke though, or that we haven’t been much, much better than this or that we haven’t managed to get the results we need when we need them.

The overly negative is as bad as the overly positive - we are not in a place yet to be thinking we should be beating everyone yet denying the good stuff ever occurred or that we have at least improved a bit, is equally as bad. 

Edited by Jambomo

The 'tired players' stuff doesn't hold when the manager makes minimal use of his squad. We'd won the game at half time against Armenia yet the first sub wasn't until circa 70 minutes.

Today we made just 2 changes.

Anyway, that's not an excuse for the utter shite served up today. That's right up/down there with the worst ever Scotland performances. If we fail to win against Armenia then the group looks done. It's already looking gone (we need to win pretty much every game now, and Ukraine comprehensively pumped us very recently).

I'm not calling for the manager to go, but he's grievously wounded himself tonight. Failure to win midweek will make that fatal.

He's got a point.
I didn't go Tonto at you after the Denmark game. Equally, I won't attack you for this. What I would say is, for your own sake, let it go.

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

No he hasn’t. He’s one of a lot of fans on here who are utterly negative, self-loathing Scots who can’t wait to come on during or after a bad performance to slag everything off.

Todays game was dreadful, as was the Ukraine game, not saying they weren’t. Yet I am not going to be gaslit into pretending that we haven’t had some very good performers under Clarke though, or that we haven’t been better much, much better than this or that we haven’t managed to get the results we need when we need them.

The overly negative is as bad as the overly positive - we are not in a place yet to be thinking we should be beating everyone yet denying the good stuff ever occurred or that we have at least improved a bit, is equally as bad. 

Tbf Clarke’s tactics are negative and dated and with the squad we have and the draw we got we really should have qualified for the WC.