Ireland v scotland

This whole ‘Scotland are back, have turned a corner, have brought the feelgood factor back’ thing, however you want to put it, over the last two years… I never bought it, not for one minute. One David Marshall penalty save, welcome as it was, a couple of penalty shootout wins. Complete myth that we’re been anything but the same old shite, managed by a too-cautious manager. Celebrated a 0-0 at Wembley as if we’d won the fcuking World Cup itself. Shitebags.

9 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Guaranteed there will be some utter weirdos on this thread later bigging up Ireland as a decent side.

I think that is the deflection stage...

It's worth remembering that Alex fucking McLeish got us to that play-off for the Euros.

Couple of penalty shoot outs have covered for Clarke a lot. He's had about 2 or 3 genuinely good performances in his tenure.

We consistently shit the bed under his management. Clarke is certainly not better than Strachan was for us. 

We need a quality manager and I don't think there's currently a Scottish manager out there that's good enough other than Moyes and he wouldn't look at us just now.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

This whole ‘Scotland are back, have turned a corner, have brought the feelgood factor back’ thing, however you want to put it, over the last two years… I never bought it, not for one minute. One David Marshall penalty save, welcome as it was, a couple of penalty shootout wins. Complete myth that we’re been anything but the same old shite, managed by a too-cautious manager. Celebrated a 0-0 at Wembley as if we’d won the fcuking World Cup itself. Shitebags.

Austria away and Denmark at home too. They were good.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I know where you are coming from. Even some games that we won we had periods of play where we were all over the place. This game we are getting the full 90.

The margin between this squad being a capable team or being shite is wafer thin. 

3 minutes ago, Howlin Wilf said:

I honestly thought we had moved on as a team and that these kind of performances were a thing of the past. Road to nowhere.

Same 

Thought a big corner had been turned after the Denmark game in terms of mentality 

The friendlies against Poland and Austria were warnings 

They weren’t heeded