Ireland v scotland

On 08/06/2022 at 22:49, Donathan said:

but definitely want to see Ralston, McKenna and Souttar retain their place. 

I guess most folk hold this point of view, I wouldn't mind seeing it myself. It's worth keeping in mind we were playing an Armenia side who didn't test us much defensively. Ireland in Dublin just isn't going to be a similar game.

1 hour ago, Loominous said:

I guess most folk hold this point of view, I wouldn't mind seeing it myself. It's worth keeping in mind we were playing an Armenia side who didn't test us much defensively. Ireland in Dublin just isn't going to be a similar game.

Good point, we need to be careful of that razor-sharp Irish attack.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Thanks! I wouldn't say it's razor sharp but it's would be hard to offer less of a threat than Armenia did. The other point I wanted to make is that I don't think the Irish will just give us the ball back under pressure as Armenia did and we possibly won't have the same advantage we've enjoyed recently from set plays so I don't think it will be a case of just showing up and collecting three points. 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Chance they change up their formation then.

I don't think they will, but there's always a chance they will and they are under pressure from the media and fans to but same as Steve Clarke was after Ukraine. Kenny said:

Well there's a difference between tactics and style of play. The style of play won't change we're committed to that regardless, but tactically we always have to adapt tactically 

Stephen Kenny

https://youtu.be/DCHp1BhN6EE?t=256

Take that how you want.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

A few folk on twitter suggesting both are away getting married rather than being injured. Not sure if that's true or not.

That boy at Blackpool thought he might kick-start an era of more footballers coming out - looks like it has gone way beyond that

😉

I take it Armenia must be a lot stronger at home, in their wn climate, stadium, etc? Otherwise, based on Wednesday's glimpse of them, Ireland must be absolute mince to lose to them. Strictly on the form book Scotland should cruise this so I'm half-expecting a doing.

Well large numbers of Scots in Dublin already, I brought my 3 year old past 3 drunk grown men pissing in the train station and another puking his ring up at 1pm !  Although my young lad did want to know why the men wore dresses ... but its pride month 

I am not feeling confident about Ireland at all but we can't go any lower. Kenny is not up to the job, it saddens me as a Longford Town fan,  he walks on water for bringing the worst club in Ireland to the Premier Division and getting to a cup final and playing in Europe. 

I think Scotland 2-1 tomorrow. 

Well large numbers of Scots in Dublin already, I brought my 3 year old past 3 drunk grown men pissing in the train station and another puking his ring up at 1pm !  Although my young lad did want to know why the men wore dresses ... but its pride month 

I am not feeling confident about Ireland at all but we can't go any lower. Kenny is not up to the job, it saddens me as a Longford Town fan,  he walks on water for bringing the worst club in Ireland to the Premier Division and getting to a cup final and playing in Europe. 

I think Scotland 2-1 tomorrow. 
Mate it's all set up for an Ireland win [emoji3]

Dreading this - the Armenia game, we generally did dominate but they were happy to sit in deep against us and break, it worked, we lost. We looked good for 25 minutes against Ukraine and then they won it fairly handily.

Something drastic needs to change if we are to get anything from the match tomorrow because if we turn up like we did the last two games we'll take another beating.

4 hours ago, G51 said:

Having seen a bit of Ireland now,  they can't finish their dinner 

Revised predicted result to 0-0 

The Irish press are *really* ramping up the pressure on Kenny ahead of this game. Talk of him being finished if they don't win.

Should still have too much for them, but always bear in mind one of the most important laws of sports betting - beware the "wounded animal" team.