Ireland v scotland

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They were spawny b*****ds in their qualifying groups for years.  Didn't they have teams like Switzerland and Denmark (or someone as equally as 2nd/3rd tier quality side) as top seeds in theirs for about 10 years?  Finishing 2nd then getting the lowest ranked team in any play off?

We were getting teams like France, Spain, Italy in the same time period.  I'm probably well off with the teams but you get where I'm going.  One lucky qualifying draw can elevate your seeding for the 3 or 4 it seemed for Ireland.

This. 

Plus Stephen Kenny is a Fife c*nt.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

They were spawny b*****ds in their qualifying groups for years.  Didn't they have teams like Switzerland and Denmark (or someone as equally as 2nd/3rd tier quality side) as top seeds in theirs for about 10 years?  Finishing 2nd then getting the lowest ranked team in any play off?

We were getting teams like France, Spain, Italy in the same time period.  I'm probably well off with the teams but you get where I'm going.  One lucky qualifying draw can elevate your seeding for the 3 or 4 it seemed for Ireland.

2002 WC Portugal, , Ireland( 3rd Seed) , Holland,  Estonia, Cyprus, Andorra  - 2nd In Group beat Iran in WC Playoff 

2004 EC  Switzerland, Russia, Ireland (1st Seed), Albania, Georgia

2006 WC France, Switzerland, Israel, Ireland (2nd Seed), Cyprus, Faroe Islands 

2008 EC Czech Republic, France, Ireland (4th Seed), Slovakia, Wales, Cyprus, San Marino

2010 WC Italy, Ireland (3rd Seed), Bulgaria, Cyprus, Montenegro, Georgia - 2nd in Group lost playoff to France 

2012 EC Russia, Ireland (3rd Seed), Armenia, Slovakia, Macedonia, Andorra - 2nd in Group beat Estonia in playoff

2014 WC Germany, Sweden, Austria, Ireland (3rd Seed), Kazakhstan, Faroe Islands

2016 EC Germany, Poland, Ireland (2nd Seed), Scotland, Georgia, Gibraltar - 3rd in Group beat Bosnia in playoff 

2018 WC Serbia, Ireland (4th Seed), Wales, Austria, Georgia, Moldova - 2nd in Group lost playoff to Denmark 

2020 EC Switzerland, Denmark, Ireland (3rd Seed), Georgia, Gibraltar - Playoff via UNL lost to Slovakia 

I’m on 12 points, never thought I’d get a look in for Ireland tickets, so never really paid attention to the sale.

Just realised I could have had one! Got tickets for the home end anyway, but the away points would have come in handy.

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No, it won't be.

Ok, thanks...you could have saved yourself the hassle of cutting and pasting a "hillarious" picture of Robert De Niro (twice) by saying that the first time round.

I recall seeing this about three weeks ago and was hopeful that a broadcaster had stepped in with an offer but obviously not.

Scotland fans face Nations League TV blackout as two crucial clashes 'snubbed' by broadcaster - Daily Record

Also had a look elsewhere and it seems you are correct that no broadcaster is commited to showing the game live - such a shame as in Aviemore for a golf weekend and I was trying to arrange somewhere that 16 of could watch the game after playing Spey Valley - I had wrongly assumed that it was going to be on Sky.

Scotland Game On TV | View Scotland Football Fixtures On TV (live-footballontv.com)

Edited by Caledonian1

10 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Ok, thanks...you could have saved yourself the hassle of cutting and pasting a "hillarious" picture of Robert De Niro by saying that the first time round.

I recall seeing this about three weeks ago and was hopeful that a broadcaster had stepped in with an offer but obviously not.

Scotland fans face Nations League TV blackout as two crucial clashes 'snubbed' by broadcaster - Daily Record

You'll have to go to the game mate.

Dumb question maybe, but won't there be some form of Armenian and Irish live telly coverage?

ETA: see the nordic streaming thread for an update on this - looks like they will be on the telly after all 👍

Edited by Gordopolis

Dumb question maybe, but won't there be some form of Armenian and Irish live telly coverage?

ETA: see the nordic streaming thread for an update on this - looks like they will be on the telly after all [emoji106]
Yes, RTE show all the Ireland games. You can stream this easy on the RTE player, just download a free VPN.

On 20/05/2022 at 10:31, John Lambies Doos said:
On 18/05/2022 at 11:53, Gordopolis said:

ETA: see the nordic streaming thread for an update on this - looks like they will be on the telly after all emoji106.png

Yes, RTE show all the Ireland games. You can stream this easy on the RTE player, just download a free VPN.

Don't - the RTÉ player is absolutely shite even without a VPN. You'd be better off finding a stream of RTÉ online which is fairly easily done

16 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I like that they specified that it was North Stand Lower on the tickets as if there's an upper tier somewhere at that end.

avivanorth.jpg

It's the finest 3/4 of a stadium in Dublin (Croke Park excluded).