Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

So just the eight players then 😳🤪

You say just the 8. How many have left and are likely to leave. Tumilty, Musonda, McKay,  Bene, Mackie, Spencer hopefully not, Poplatnik, Varian, Williamson, Riley Snow. The list also doesn't include Bow who I've heard will be away and Mahady who I think will be released. 10 players out plus another 2, 8 players in. That's fair.

2 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I was an advocate for a change of manager and this looks like a decent/good appointment.Looking at the list of potential candidates that was doing the rounds he was as good as any on it

Spoke well in his interview

Yeah, if I was told leaving Starks Park after the Killie game that Murray would be in place a month later I'd be happy. 

40 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Delighted with this, good first interview and first positive vibes I have had for months about the rovers COYR 🔵⚪

96B108FA-6E11-44F1-8816-75FE8D80C527.jpeg

Golf clubs for sale then?! 🤣

7 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The chances of us signing Easton are very, very slim. We'd need to come in with a very good offer for him. He's had injury problems in the past and from what I've heard has a few offers from clubs who should be able to offer far more than we can. I'd be very surprised if he signed for us. At 28, with his history, you wouldn't grudge the guy for maximising what he can get.

Not the impression I got from speaking to him… sounded very positive 

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 hours ago, Geordie_Munrover said:
Not the impression I got from speaking to him… sounded very positive 

Guess we'll see what happens. I'm happy to be proven wrong!

If he goes to Forest Green, then the least they can do is send us back Regan Hendry. 

Impressed by both the Raith TV interview and press conference.

Came across to me as a quietly confident type of guy and we all want to hear about a hard working and attacking team. 

Hope we can retain the players we want to keep and hopeful about the signings he can bring in. 

Anyone know what would be involved in getting Matej as a permanent signing ?

50 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Impressed by both the Raith TV interview and press conference.

Came across to me as a quietly confident type of guy and we all want to hear about a hard working and attacking team. 

Hope we can retain the players we want to keep and hopeful about the signings he can bring in. 

Anyone know what would be involved in getting Matej as a permanent signing ?

He's a free agent.

41 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

He's a free agent.

Superb I thought he had another year on his Livi contract. He deserves a contract and I doubt Murray will make the same mistake and let him collect splinters for most of the season…the whole south stand we’re screaming for him to get a run of games before McGlynn was forced into it.

9 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Superb I thought he had another year on his Livi contract. He deserves a contract and I doubt Murray will make the same mistake and let him collect splinters for most of the season…the whole south stand we’re screaming for him to get a run of games before McGlynn was forced into it.

He had an extension option  but was freed.

7 hours ago, raith1974 said:

You say just the 8. How many have left and are likely to leave. Tumilty, Musonda, McKay,  Bene, Mackie, Spencer hopefully not, Poplatnik, Varian, Williamson, Riley Snow. The list also doesn't include Bow who I've heard will be away and Mahady who I think will be released. 10 players out plus another 2, 8 players in. That's fair.

Currently signed: Bow, MacDonald, Thomson, Berra, Dick, Lang (out 1st half), Masson, Young, Arnott, Matthews, Stanton, Connolly, Coulson, Gullan, Mahady, Mitchell, Ross, Vaughan, and Zanatta…call it 19 signed, with 2 likely to be released and 3 likely to be loaned out…that’s still 14 signed.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Currently signed: Bow, MacDonald, Thomson, Berra, Dick, Lang (out 1st half), Masson, Young, Arnott, Matthews, Stanton, Connolly, Coulson, Gullan, Mahady, Mitchell, Ross, Vaughan, and Zanatta…call it 19 signed, with 2 likely to be released and 3 likely to be loaned out…that’s still 14 signed.

So we need about 8 signings to take up to 22.

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
46 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Looks like Kevin Thomson is going to miss out on the Dundee job as well. 

Thoroughly unsurprised tbh. If he's up against Jack Ross, any sane side would take Ross. Wonder what the next full time job will be that he'll be getting touted for? Accies?

Should get some tips from Scott Brown on how to interview well.

Gary Locke could get a job as a football recruitment consultant.