Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kevin Thomson's the obvious target for Rovers, next step up etc ... of course the fact that this might weaken Kelty next season does not colour my judgement here ... not in any way ... absolutely not ... never crossed my mind ... etc, etc ...

5 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Kevin Thomson's the obvious target for Rovers, next step up etc ... of course the fact that this might weaken Kelty next season does not colour my judgement here ... not in any way ... absolutely not ... never crossed my mind ... etc, etc ...

To be fair it’s him or preferably Ian Murray for me.

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Why mcpake ? Seriously what qualities do you think he/you have😜 to carry us forward?

1. Play attractive attacking football?

2. attract young prospects and develop them to be sold on?

3. Link well with local community ( mostly🤦🏻‍♂️

Or sign some big name players and stumble over the line in play offs?  

Haha the stumble over the line is the play offs I'd take. He's tried and tested in the championship but fair enough lacked the nous in the Premiership. However I feel that the job would be too soon for someone like Kevin Thompson. But if we could get someone in that will promote youth, play a decent style of football and not sign alleged rapist that would be a promising start.

10 minutes ago, RosscoRiot said:

Haha the stumble over the line is the play offs I'd take. He's tried and tested in the championship but fair enough lacked the nous in the Premiership. However I feel that the job would be too soon for someone like Kevin Thompson. But if we could get someone in that will promote youth, play a decent style of football and not sign alleged rapist that would be a promising start.

That last bit is right up thomsons street according to Kelty fans, he plays attractive football, plays youth, Can get strikers firing and probably wouldn’t sign a Grade A  C**t in DG 

14 minutes ago, RosscoRiot said:

For me mcpake is too similar to Gary Locke , passionate football guy but ultimately failed in his last job, can he improve as a coach definitely but he is part of that sport scene lot and I don’t really want any of them as even if he fails it won’t be his fault. I don’t see him developing young players to sell on I really don’t 

52 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

For me mcpake is too similar to Gary Locke , passionate football guy but ultimately failed in his last job, can he improve as a coach definitely but he is part of that sport scene lot and I don’t really want any of them as even if he fails it won’t be his fault. I don’t see him developing young players to sell on I really don’t 

You know what,I can actually see the comparison which the Gary Locke mould and never thought about that until you mentioned it. We definitely need a coach/manager that will develop youth and punt on eg Bowie and Tait as thats how we keep the club running

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

That last bit is right up thomsons street according to Kelty fans, he plays attractive football, plays youth, Can get strikers firing and probably wouldn’t sign a Grade A  C**t in DG 

They definitely stormed SPFL2 by a country mile. But from what I've heard from a die hard Hibee is that Kevin Thompson is 1 of those grade A C#@ts who refers to himself in the 3rd person 🤣

I'm sure most managers would be able to achieve such a thing when their budget dwarfed everyone elses. Allan Johnston did the same thing with us in League 1 and Pepe Guardiola has made a career from it. I think Raith would be a proper challenge for Thomson and one might not fancy taking on as a result.

5 minutes ago, RosscoRiot said:

You know what,I can actually see the comparison which the Gary Locke mould and never thought about that until you mentioned it. We definitely need a coach/manager that will develop youth and punt on eg Bowie and Tait as thats how we keep the club running

Definitely 👍🏻

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I'm sure most managers would be able to achieve such a thing when their budget dwarfed everyone elses. Allan Johnston did the same thing with us in League 1 and Pepe Guardiola has made a career from it. I think Raith would be a proper challenge for Thomson and one might not fancy taking on as a result.

Wow. Quite something to be condescending about Johnston, Thomson and Pep all in the same post, but hats off to you, you made it!  👏👏👏

43 minutes ago, RosscoRiot said:

They definitely stormed SPFL2 by a country mile. But from what I've heard from a die hard Hibee is that Kevin Thompson is 1 of those grade A C#@ts who refers to himself in the 3rd person 🤣

If that is the case and he is a Grade A C**T so is our BoD so it’s a match made in heaven