Jump to content

Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager


Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Raithie said:

By whom?

The question was if anyone suggested to BoD was happy to let JMcG leave, and I noted that I had suggested it would happen a couple of months ago as cover for the BoD. It was not a suggestion that anyone in power or the press said such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Raith Rovers Statement (annotated)

Raith Rovers today can confirm that the application window for the role of First Team Manager has now closed. (Which, of course, also means that if you are someone we’d like, the door is still open, come on in)
 
The club would like to place on record that we’ve had a wide range of high-quality candidates (the cheap, the experienced, the fearful and the interesting all applied, and we judged their quality based upon the quality of the paper they used…while of course forgetting they emailed their CV’s and we printed them all out) ahead of today’s deadline, whom we will look to narrow down into a shortlist (we tossed the lot into the air and will talk to those that landed face up) to then carry out interviews with for the role. (While avoiding any public comments, we will grill people about their willingness to accept responsibility for things we approved)
 
We hope to have the process finalised soon (it’ll happen at a time that again removes the focus from us) and would like to thank supporters and applicants alike for their patience during this recruitment process. (trust us, we’ll get this right…at least for us)
 
The Club will make no further comment at this time. (The bunker only has Ceefax because Sim hasn’t paid for an internet connection…)
Edited by TxRover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a really, really minor thing but "The Club will make no further comment at this time" really bugs me, when any club does it. 

Yeah no shit, it's a written statement. I know you're not making any further comment when I get to the end of it. I didn't think there was a "PTO" and it continued overleaf. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since Liam Fox was mentioned, my pessimism has resigned to it being him. Hopefully it was just him or his agent touting him. At first I wasn’t overly enthused with Kevin Thomson, but seeing the names of those potentially in the frame, I think he feels the safest bet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

It's a really, really minor thing but "The Club will make no further comment at this time" really bugs me, when any club does it. 

Yeah no shit, it's a written statement. I know you're not making any further comment when I get to the end of it. I didn't think there was a "PTO" and it continued overleaf. 

If be happier if it was more like an old time telegraph and just hand ENDS at the end of the statement.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seen the last part put in elsewhere to put off journalists from sending in additional press queries. It could be that the club is getting asked to comment on specifics by the media - which quite rightly they don’t want to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Record reporting that Rovers and Thomson held "positive talks".

Whatever that means.

Can you post the article please mate can’t find it anywhere if you can? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Can you post the article please mate can’t find it anywhere if you can? 

Was in the printed version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

Seen the last part put in elsewhere to put off journalists from sending in additional press queries. It could be that the club is getting asked to comment on specifics by the media - which quite rightly they don’t want to do.

Aye, it's one of those stock phrases that makes its way into these kinds of statements.

It's like when managers (and loads of other people, in fairness) say "myself" rather than "me" because they think it sounds more professional and business-like when actually it just sounds weird. "It's been a really tough season for myself", stuff like that. 

These are daft things that stick out and annoy me personally, but I'm in no way equating these stylistic choices with the fundamental communication issues coming from the Rovers that we've all discussed at length over the past few months.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

It's a really, really minor thing but "The Club will make no further comment at this time" really bugs me, when any club does it. 

Yeah no shit, it's a written statement. I know you're not making any further comment when I get to the end of it. I didn't think there was a "PTO" and it continued overleaf. 

Off the topic, but amusing (and, by Christ, we could use that)…my daughter was doing a paper for school when she was eight or nine, and got to the bottom of the page, and proceeded to carefully draw two rectangles, the first with a few squiggles and the second with a triangular section missing bottom right and some more squiggles. I asked her, and she explained it was what she had seen on printers to show which side to insert paper facing and she figured it would let the teacher know to turn the page over. I guess “(over)” was too old school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Raith Rovers Statement (annotated)
Raith Rovers today can confirm that the application window for the role of First Team Manager has now closed. (Which, of course, also means that if you are someone we’d like, the door is still open, come on in)   The club would like to place on record that we’ve had a wide range of high-quality candidates (the cheap, the experienced, the fearful and the interesting all applied, and we judged their quality based upon the quality of the paper they used…while of course forgetting they emailed their CV’s and we printed them all out) ahead of today’s deadline, whom we will look to narrow down into a shortlist (we tossed the lot into the air and will talk to those that landed face up) to then carry out interviews with for the role. (While avoiding any public comments, we will grill people about their willingness to accept responsibility for things we approved)   We hope to have the process finalised soon (it’ll happen at a time that again removes the focus from us) and would like to thank supporters and applicants alike for their patience during this recruitment process. (trust us, we’ll get this right…at least for us)   The Club will make no further comment at this time. (The bunker only has Ceefax because Sim hasn’t paid for an internet connection…)

Can we have the old Tx back please? The one who relentlessly championed the young lads regardless of whether they’d had any experience, and who wanted folk to ride the pine for a few games.
This über-cynical Tx is getting a bit tedious.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stevoraith said:


Can we have the old Tx back please? The one who relentlessly championed the young lads regardless of whether they’d had any experience, and who wanted folk to ride the pine for a few games.
This über-cynical Tx is getting a bit tedious.

Still here, but watching fitba makes you cynical…you want the old Tx…here’s our current healthy and signed starting eleven:


(For a 4-1-3-2)

MacDonald

Dick/Berra/Masson/Young

Stanton

Matthews/Vaughan/Arnott

 Connolly/Gullan

(For a 3-4-3)

MacDonald

Dick/Berra/Masson

Arnott/Matthews/Stanton/Ross

Connolly/Vaughan/Zanatta


Regarding the the young lads…

More realistically…Arnott is ready to start, Mitchell needs another year on loan at League Two or One level, Young is ready as a backup and will be able to start next year, Masson is at least two years away and needs loan time, Mahady is not worth keeping, Coulson is probably worth loaning out again at a League Two level because he looked decent and got little play at Cowdenbeath.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Still here, but watching fitba makes you cynical…you want the old Tx…here’s our current healthy and signed starting eleven:


(For a 4-1-3-2)

MacDonald

Dick/Berra/Masson/Young

Stanton

Matthews/Vaughan/Arnott

 Connolly/Gullan

(For a 3-4-3)

MacDonald

Dick/Berra/Masson

Arnott/Matthews/Stanton/Ross

Connolly/Vaughan/Zanatta


Regarding the the young lads…

More realistically…Arnott is ready to start, Mitchell needs another year on loan at League Two or One level, Young is ready as a backup and will be able to start next year, Masson is at least two years away and needs loan time, Mahady is not worth keeping, Coulson is probably worth loaning out again at a League Two level because he looked decent and got little play at Cowdenbeath.

Have you actually seen the young guys playing or are you basing that on what fans of other teams have said? I obviously mean the likes of mahady, Coulson etc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Have you actually seen the young guys playing or are you basing that on what fans of other teams have said? I obviously mean the likes of mahady, Coulson etc 

I’ve seen Young, Arnott and Mitchell* playing for the Rovers.

Arnott is ready to start.

Young is capable of proving depth, while getting training and learning more. IF Lang comes back well and Dick is doing OK, they might loan Young out the later half of next season to develop him more, but he already looks capable of growing into this level, much like Tait and Arnott have.

Mahady got little time at Cowdenbeath and was sent to the Shippy by us, suggesting he’s possibly not up to snuff. He might well pan out,  but I’m not convinced the Rovers have to ability to help him develop enough right now, and he might be better signing with a HL or LL team to develop.

Coulson was extended at Cowdenbeath and got some reasonable playing time. Cowdenbeath supporters praised his determination and engine, but still said he was quite raw.

Masson hasn’t played for us, and needs development regardless.

*Mitchell is interesting. He’s really done well at Bo’ness, scoring at an about a goal every other game pace. The short cameos with Raith looked promising, as he showed good speed and decent ability. As a speedy attacker, he’s well worth keeping and loaning out again at a higher level.

 

Edit to add: I know F-all about Bow, wouldn’t know him from Adam, and don’t know his situation, other than his contract.

Edited by TxRover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still here, but watching fitba makes you cynical…you want the old Tx…here’s our current healthy and signed starting eleven:

(For a 4-1-3-2)
MacDonald
Dick/Berra/Masson/Young
Stanton
Matthews/Vaughan/Arnott
 Connolly/Gullan
(For a 3-4-3)
MacDonald
Dick/Berra/Masson
Arnott/Matthews/Stanton/Ross
Connolly/Vaughan/Zanatta

Regarding the the young lads…
More realistically…Arnott is ready to start, Mitchell needs another year on loan at League Two or One level, Young is ready as a backup and will be able to start next year, Masson is at least two years away and needs loan time, Mahady is not worth keeping, Coulson is probably worth loaning out again at a League Two level because he looked decent and got little play at Cowdenbeath.
That's the old TxRover. Now let's pick holes in your crazy idea :-) IMO the only two who will get any kind of game time is Arnott and Young at a push.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

That's the old TxRover. Now let's pick holes in your crazy idea 🙂 IMO the only two who will get any kind of game time is Arnott and Young at a push.

Have to admit, I think there is hope for Mitchell. Looked decent whenever he played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If McGlynn was still in charge I would've expected significant game time for Arnott next season. Mitchell looks to have something about him and Young seems to have developed a lot over the season so you would be hoping to see progress from them next season, whether that be through a loan or with us. 

Who knows what a new manager will make of them though. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If McGlynn was still in charge I would've expected significant game time for Arnott next season. Mitchell looks to have something about him and Young seems to have developed a lot over the season so you would be hoping to see progress from them next season, whether that be through a loan or with us. 

Who knows what a new manager will make of them though. 

With the reports of a severely constrained budget, it seems likely that Arnott and Young have good chances of contributing, although Young is behind Dick. That being said, Dick has played RB before…(no need to pick, @foreverarover, that one picks itself).

Mitchell could develop somewhat with occasional play with us next year, but after his display at Bo’ness, I’d to see him get time with a decent League Two team, or any League One team that will assure us he’ll get a decent amount of time (Falkirk, anyone), if he shows ability. He looks very much on the early Bowie trajectory, for now.

Young would also profit from a loan, but we’re too thin for now to think about that.

Arnott would seem, to me, to be a no-brainer for time from any gaffer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...