Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Low on specifics but high on confidence from the Courier. 

Yeah, that’s exactly what I thought. Given reports seem to be our previous manager left to a team in the league below due to being unhappy about his budget for next season, it doesn’t seem like a foregone conclusion that Thomson would be tempted away from a big spending Kelty by what we have to offer.

Happy if it is him though, he was my first choice from the start and if we did get him it would probably lend some weight to the theory that a new manager will have access to a higher budget than McGlynn was offered.

Decent appointment for the Rovers, and would weaken Kelty too ... what's not to like? [emoji106]
But will it though? League 1 and a likely very good budget. I don't know if it'll make much difference who's in charge.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:
Decent appointment for the Rovers, and would weaken Kelty too ... what's not to like? emoji106.png

But will it though? League 1 and a likely very good budget. I don't know if it'll make much difference who's in charge.

I’m wondering if they’ll go back to ‘Bazza’ if Thomson leaves

25 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Decent chance we could see Dundee and Dunfermline both looking for managers soon, so happy for us to strike now.

Don't worry, you wouldn't have been able to get Jack Ross anyway.

Can you afford to dump Hughes ??

Every club in the country can afford to sack their manager. The whole thing about clubs not being able to afford to sack their manager is the biggest myth out there.

It doesn’t sound like we’ve even spoken to Thomson yet, probably just asked Kelty for permission which is the right way to do things if we want to interview him.

Would still expect us to interview a selection of candidates, and that process works two ways - if the (alleged) budget offered to McGlynn is offered to the new manager it wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with our third or fourth choice.