Jump to content

Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager


Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I'm not saying Berra's not a good professional - of course he is - but I'd prefer my captain to be someone who's made his way through the ranks with us and has great affinity with club and fans, as well as being here till 2024 at least. Berra has 1 more year then that's it, and he does seem to love a Hearts gig on TV which annoys me a wee bit.

Maybe unfair but there you go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

I'm a more concerned at this stage that we are managerless and our former manager is now at Falkirk knowing full well who is out of contract at Raith and what their current wages are. 

True, but I’m considering our currently signed squad. The manager issue is a clear and present danger, and I don’t trust the Board to fix it adequately, let alone well. After that, then we can worry about what got poached off our porch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Just a bit nervous to see what state we are in as we were sub-1500 season tickets and the Germans had to put money in so we could pay off Grant and allow Yogi to burn a pile on more dross players. That money can be called back as an interest free loan or more likely, taken up as shares if they decide to take over properly and get hands on. 

Haud the bus, Dunfermline having sub 1500 season ticket holders can't be true shirley? That would mean in excess of 2000 punters paying at the gate/online if the attendance figures for Dunfermline games are true. Christ we were waxing lyrical at having 1500 season ticket holders and barely broke 2000 at games overall barring games against yourselves and Killie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

I'm not saying Berra's not a good professional - of course he is - but I'd prefer my captain to be someone who's made his way through the ranks with us and has great affinity with club and fans, as well as being here till 2024 at least. Berra has 1 more year then that's it, and he does seem to love a Hearts gig on TV which annoys me a wee bit.

Maybe unfair but there you go.

Currently signed until 2024 is all of Matthews, Stanton, Gullan, Ross and Vaughan…leaving the choice of Matthews or Vaughan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Currently signed until 2024 is all of Matthews, Stanton, Gullan, Ross and Vaughan…leaving the choice of Matthews or Vaughan.

And Matthews has been captain in the past season. It makes sense for him to get it, should bene not be resigned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Can’t imagine what their duet would be 😂

At the PotY at the Dean Park they did The Gambler by Kenny Rogers, they should have realised that was the definitive version and left it at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Haud the bus, Dunfermline having sub 1500 season ticket holders can't be true shirley? That would mean in excess of 2000 punters paying at the gate/online if the attendance figures for Dunfermline games are true. Christ we were waxing lyrical at having 1500 season ticket holders and barely broke 2000 at games overall barring games against yourselves and Killie. 

What’s our current season ticket numbers? Was 1500 not pre pandemic.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

At the PotY at the Dean Park they did The Gambler by Kenny Rogers, they should have realised that was the definitive version and left it at that.

Ah I missed the PotY awards, never been to one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

What’s our current season ticket numbers? Was 1500 not pre pandemic.  

We were around 1500 in January, when there was 500 a game attendance and they suggested nearly every ST holder could potentially attend one of the three matches on offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

We were around 1500 in January, when there was 500 a game attendance and they suggested nearly every ST holder could potentially attend one of the three matches on offer.

You’re right, I totally forgot about that. If the sub 1500 season tickets for Pars is true that’s quite worrying for them. I honestly thought they’d have 2500+ going by their average attendances.  That’s a hell of a lot of walk up fans otherwise.  It’s not like their fans knew they’d be pish before they bought,  many thought they’d be challenging this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I imagining things or did McKinnon not start talking about how great it was that Benedictus was a natural left footer when he signed?

Seems a nice enough guy but if I understood that correctly and it wasn't just him misspeaking, that should really horrify a board.

He’ll not make that mistake again this time around. Bene won’t be here for the new manager anyway. He’ll be away to Falkirk.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:


He’ll not make that mistake again this time around. Bene won’t be here for the new manager anyway. He’ll be away to Falkirk.

Is that chat only coming about due to him being out of contract and mcglynn going to falkirk? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is that chat only coming about due to him being out of contract and mcglynn going to falkirk? 

Yes

No inside info, was just my opinion

I do think he’ll come back for Bene and Spencer with both being out of contract now and we won’t have a manager in place until a week on Monday at the earliest.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

You’re right, I totally forgot about that. If the sub 1500 season tickets for Pars is true that’s quite worrying for them. I honestly thought they’d have 2500+ going by their average attendances.  That’s a hell of a lot of walk up fans otherwise.  It’s not like their fans knew they’d be pish before they bought,  many thought they’d be challenging this season. 

I’m pretty sure Dunfermline tweeted that they sold over 2k before the season had started. I remember this because Thistle did the same at roughly the same time.

Now considering their club blatantly lied to the fans this week in a statement, maybe that was bullshit back then as well. But they certainly claimed in the summer that they surpassed the 2k mark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2022 at 17:21, Been going too long said:

For me mcpake is too similar to Gary Locke , passionate football guy but ultimately failed in his last job, can he improve as a coach definitely but he is part of that sport scene lot and I don’t really want any of them as even if he fails it won’t be his fault. I don’t see him developing young players to sell on I really don’t 

I think there's a frighteningly similar comparison between McPake and Barry Smith.

Both got Dundee promoted in very fortuitous circumstances (Smith as a result of Rangers' demise and McPake as the result of an utterly obscene offside decision in the playoff semi), then both found to be hopelessly out of their depth in the Premier.

Smith gradually dropped down the levels and achieved nothing anywhere he went, and I see McPake being exactly the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...