Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If he did get appointed assistant manager it would make the validity of the reference he supposedly gave us for Murray questionable to say the least...

Are you suggesting that our board aren’t good with corporate governance?

Good appointment for the Rovers IMO, every managerial appointment is a risk but it seems to be a solid one, was not wanting Thomson as I feel he carries to much the rangers baggage.

Also fair play to the board for a decent process and fairly swift appointment.   

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The chances of us signing Easton are very, very slim. We'd need to come in with a very good offer for him. He's had injury problems in the past and from what I've heard has a few offers from clubs who should be able to offer far more than we can. I'd be very surprised if he signed for us. At 28, with his history, you wouldn't grudge the guy for maximising what he can get.

It would be interesting to see the type of club in for him, as you say, at 28 and with a history of injuries I’d be slightly surprised if it was a particularly higher level that came for him. - although no doubting his abilities. 

He is also part of Joe Cardles Cochinf Academy so it may be that a move to Rovers would be appealing in the respect it would let him continue with that? 

I’m maybe trying to be overly optimistic as there is no doubt he would do well with Rovers 

Easton was obviously fantastic for us this season but I'd have doubts about his ability to perform in a higher league with a team not dominating every week. He ran riot against the dross in League 1 but in all honesty against Cove and in the play-offs he didn't do very much as the games were more evenly matched, we were much deeper (where he is totally ineffective) and we didn't dominate the ball. Even if Raith have a good season next year they'll not be dominating games the way Airdrie were against rubbish like East Fife, Dumbarton etc this year so it will be much more difficult for him. The fact that he's never done it at that level by age 28, despite his obvious talent would also raise some questions.

I genuinely hope he does well because he is a better player than his CV suggests, the fact he was playing Lowland League last year is ridiculous. But I'm probably more doubtful of his ability to do it at a higher level than most Airdrie fans.

12 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Nothing unexpected in his interview but he speaks well, praises the way McGlynn had the team playing and emphasises that he wants his team to be fit and hard-working.

Welcome to the Rovers Ian.

He also says he's looking at bringing in Scott Agnew as assistant. Presumably that would be in a non playing capacity.

34 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He also says he's looking at bringing in Scott Agnew as assistant. Presumably that would be in a non playing capacity.

Shame in a way, a few years ago he could have been a cracking player for us.

39 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Shame in a way, a few years ago he could have been a cracking player for us.

Have you not learned the lesson of bringing in players who score shed tonnes of goals against us?

41 minutes ago, renton said:

Have you not learned the lesson of bringing in players who score shed tonnes of goals against us?

Look at his stats last season, no goals in 42 games. That's what happens when he's not got us to play against.

He'll be 35 by the start of the season so I would like to think we won't be using him as a player - at least not until we get the inevitable injury crisis and have to register him.

Great appointment still think he is a better option than Thomson who would be short term and McPake. Sounded very positive in the interview  good communicator. Now he needs the support from the BOD to bring in players to strengthen in the right areas. At least 2 strikers a centre mid or 2  and 4 defenders. Both fullbacks and 2 centre half's. 

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Great appointment still think he is a better option than Thomson who would be short term and McPake. Sounded very positive in the interview  good communicator. Now he needs the support from the BOD to bring in players to strengthen in the right areas. At least 2 strikers a centre mid or 2  and 4 defenders. Both fullbacks and 2 centre half's. 

So just the eight players then 😳🤪

7 minutes ago, renton said:

To be fair, we need 5 as an absolute minimum and hope no one else gets injured.

Yeah your probably right, we'll have to see who stays and who goes, I wonder if our injuries will be better this year than the last few seasons?, will LV play a big part (god i hope so)