Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I said at the beginning of the process that Murray was my favourite. His team plays good football and can score goals. No reason why he can't do that with us. If he is willing to talk and is available then we should look to appoint early next week. 

I think for the likes of Murray the good thing would be there doesn't need to be a massive rebuild and he doesn't need to get us instantly promoted. Where as the other jobs on offer are the pars who are in a complete fucking state and Dundee who will have a.bitikns of going straight back up.

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think for the likes of Murray the good thing would be there doesn't need to be a massive rebuild and he doesn't need to get us instantly promoted. Where as the other jobs on offer are the pars who are in a complete fucking state and Dundee who will have a.bitikns of going straight back up.

Probably a fair assessment, any manager coming in has  got a free hit first season as long as we’re not in danger of relegation. As you say it’s not a full rebuild and there’s no “we must go up pressure” like Pars or Dundee will have, mid table good, playoffs great. I’d take Murray or Thomson, neither are exciting names but both seem to have good reputations and are looking to prove themselves a step up. It’s preferable to the usual suspects that go round the clubs at this level. If the interviews are Monday I’d expect we’ll probably know by Wednesday.  

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Sent on from an Airdrie fan. The guy that posted it to Facebook is the head of their supporters bus. e84d1fd21b3af967e21c0985173bab9e.jpg

Interesting that an approach was made to Hearts....Murray was a Hibbee.

Did he coach at Hearts at some stage? Does not show on Wiki...

1 minute ago, Wee Sandy said:

Interesting that an approach was made to Hearts....Murray was a Hibbee.

Did he coach at Hearts at some stage? Does not show on Wiki...

Does he not mean the Hearts fan he met is pals with Colin Cameron and Colin Cameron has been contacted as a reference for Murray? 

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Does he not mean the Hearts fan he met is pals with Colin Cameron and Colin Cameron has been contacted as a reference for Murray? 

Cameron was assistant manager at Airdrie under Murray. 

44 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

This is all sounding too promising. I refuse to believe we can make such a seemingly sensible appointment until it's officially announced. 

Murray or Thomson are the 2 , people will be happy with so hopefully 1 of the 2 happen because if they get this wrong it might get very toxic next season in the stands 

I'd assume Smudger is by way of his wife endorsing someone for the job.

As a side note, it was always dodgy with that, but with him being at another club in the same league system, surely that can't be allowed to continue? 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

As a side note, it was always dodgy with that, but with him being at another club in the same league system, surely that can't be allowed to continue? 

He shouldn't be endorsing anyone and his wife should be no-where near the football side of the club, as any potential signing targets we might be after could be discussed between them, which is not only a conflict of interest but a clear breach of trust

18 hours ago, ribzanelli said:

I have no reason to believe he will become a world beater but I’m not sure that an 18 year old who fails to turn a pish a team into a less pish is necessarily a bust.

Agree completely. Coulson is still a potential player for us in future, Mahady seems the clearest bust. Bow is the unknown.

Gordon Strachan is currently on the payroll of 2 different clubs in the same league.

So I can’t see them seeing an issue with a husband and wife at 2 different clubs a league apart.

58 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Gordon Strachan is currently on the payroll of 2 different clubs in the same league.

So I can’t see them seeing an issue with a husband and wife at 2 different clubs a league apart.

I know Dundee, who's he involved with other than them? Or is it a stupid question and the answer is celtic? 

5 hours ago, grumswall said:

I know Dundee, who's he involved with other than them? Or is it a stupid question and the answer is celtic? 

He had a consultancy role with Celtic earlier in the season (not sure if he's still there). Most importantly though, he had no influence on their first team. His role was to support the academy, B team and women's team. 

Taking away any role in January's shambles, there's nothing wrong with the CEO being on the club's payroll. The issue is what falls under her remit, as has been mentioned, she should not have any involvement in the football side of things. That of course then leads to the question of whether the job title and role of CEO is correct for her which I'd have my doubts over.

16 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Didn't McKinnon endorse Locke for us?

I think Eric Drysdale made some statement along the lines of 'Ray McKinnon said we've got the best guy to replace him'.

Of course he would. He'd have been pishing himself laughing, safe in the knowledge that United had one less promotion challenger to contend with that season.

On 16/05/2022 at 22:24, Been going too long said:

James Mcpake  , Ray  McKinnon both available , just saying would rather have them than fox tbh 😗 

Well, I'd rather have a skelp in the pus than a boot in the goolies