Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

We need to lose the inferiority complex to them, Dunfermline historically are a big club but times have changed, if offered both jobs I would say we are the more attractive proposition at the moment due to being in a higher league, probably not expected to win the league but make playoffs, decent squad of players. Whoever the pars appoint needs to get them up and unless they throw a lot of money at it that is a very tough league to get out of and could cost the manager there job. Mcglynn was guilty of talking them up to much last season and disappointing we didn’t get at least one win as it’s the worst pars team I have ever seen 

It's quite funny - this big team/wee team thing. Most Pars fans I know are realistic about where we sit in the grand scheme of things. We've only been in the top flight one season in the last 14 years. We're now in League One. Anyone who says we're "bigger" is deluded or looking for a daft Rovers fan who's stupid enough to take the bait..................

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

It's quite funny - this big team/wee team thing. Most Pars fans I know are realistic about where we sit in the grand scheme of things. We've only been in the top flight one season in the last 14 years. We're now in League One. Anyone who says we're "bigger" is deluded or looking for a daft Rovers fan who's stupid enough to take the bait..................

I agree your pish as I often tell you😜 but some of us do have this complex it needs knocked out the park quicker than a Shaun Dennis clearance 😂😂

I'm firmly of the belief that if we really wanted to keep McGlynn then he would still be here. The contract would've been offered months ago and the Falkirk thing wouldn't have even got off the ground.

I've said before, he was well backed last season and failed in his objective. I think the board made him an offer that probably reflected that.

We finished 5th last term, we have a good core squad of young players a lot of whom will be capable of playing premier league football either now or in the near future (with us or others). We are a much better proposition than either Falkirk or Dunfermline at this point in time and I think any sensible ambitious manager would see that. 

Just now, Double Jack D said:

we have a good core squad of young players a lot of whom will be capable of playing premier league football either now or in the near future

I agree you're a better proposition currently but the above is highly debatable.

9 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I'm firmly of the belief that if we really wanted to keep McGlynn then he would still be here. The contract would've been offered months ago and the Falkirk thing wouldn't have even got off the ground.

I've said before, he was well backed last season and failed in his objective. I think the board made him an offer that probably reflected that.

We finished 5th last term, we have a good core squad of young players a lot of whom will be capable of playing premier league football either now or in the near future (with us or others). We are a much better proposition than either Falkirk or Dunfermline at this point in time and I think any sensible ambitious manager would see that. 

I agree bud 👏🏻

43 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Agreed.

44 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I do wonder if they cut his legs out on Tait, especially as thin as we were at midfield “starter” quality.

45 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

We finished 5th last term, we have a good core squad of young players a lot of whom will be capable of playing premier league football either now or in the near future (with us or others).

The first is a fact, the second is probably overblown. Arnott is our premier young player, Mitchell is very promising, Young is pretty decent looking, Coulson has some potential, Mahady is not looking good to develop to League One level, let alone Premeirship…Bow and Masson are untested unknowns. Now, assuming you intended to reference our “younger” starting players, I don’t know that that is true either.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Agreed.

I do wonder if they cut his legs out on Tait, especially as thin as we were at midfield “starter” quality.

The first is a fact, the second is probably overblown. Arnott is our premier young player, Mitchell is very promising, Young is pretty decent looking, Coulson has some potential, Mahady is not looking good to develop to League One level, let alone Premeirship…Bow and Masson are untested unknowns. Now, assuming you intended to reference our “younger” starting players, I don’t know that that is true either.

Ross is still a young player as is gullan so maybe including them as well🤷🏻‍♂️

You’ve changed your tune

All season, you’ve wanted us to play every single youth player I’ve the first teamers at some point this season.

Now you’re slating some of them [emoji23]

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

I agree you're a better proposition currently but the above is highly debatable.

51 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Arnott is our premier young player, Mitchell is very promising, Young is pretty decent looking, Coulson has some potential, Mahady is not looking good to develop to League One level, let alone Premeirship…Bow and Masson are untested unknowns. Now, assuming you intended to reference our “younger” starting players, I don’t know that that is true either.

To be fair, I'm including out of contract players too, hoping that they would stay on if the right manager appointed :) . It's the hope that kills you...

To be specific, I would say those below have potential and ability to play Scottish Premier League football at some point in next 5 years. Some already have top flight experience. 

Tumilty

Musonda

Connolly

Gullan

Stanton

Matthews

Zanatta

Lang

Spencer

Ross

Arnott

Mitchell

Coulson

Young

Edited by Double Jack D

Murray and Thomson are being interviewed this coming Monday. It's between McPake and Kettlewell for the Townies.

Don’t know about Murray but pretty certain Thomson was interview very early, maybe even last week. Whilst he’s applied, I believe he’s not entirely sold on our vision so we may have to push the boat out to get him. Either Murray or Thomson are my ideal candidates but Thomson needs to sort his social media out.

I want Murray, I think Thomson will come with baggage ie: his undying and very public love for Govan. That said after these 2 it's a bit grim and with Dundee and the pars both on the hunt we need to get our finger out. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

May I offer you a Callum Davidson?

Once again, I am offering Callum Davidson. Now at a cut price.

6 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

To be fair, I'm including out of contract players too, hoping that they would stay on if the right manager appointed :) . It's the hope that kills you...

To be specific, I would say those below have potential and ability to play Scottish Premier League football at some point in next 5 years. Some already have top flight experience. 

Tumilty

Musonda

Connolly

Gullan

Stanton

Matthews

Zanatta

Lang

Spencer

Ross

Arnott

Mitchell

Coulson

Young

OK, let’s look. First, to me young players is 21 and under…but I’ll go to 25 and under for this:

Tumilty, 25 and Premiership capable…plus out of contract.

Musonda, 24 and potentially quality, but unproven as yet…plus out of contract.

Connolly, 26

Gullan, 22 and didn’t show necessary ability at last attempt…may be able to develop though.

Stanton, 28

Matthews, 25 and maybe has potential, maybe not.

Zanatta, 25 and too inconsistent.

Lang, 24 and Premiership capable.

Spencer, 26 (and out of contract)

Ross, 20 and needs development, but appears capable.

Arnott, 18 and completely unknown, but looks promising.

Mitchell, 18 and looks good at a very low level, needs development.

Coulson, 18 and looks decent at a low level, good engine, needs skills improvement.

Young, 17 or 18 and unknown.

To be honest, that’s not a Premiership squad core by any means.

7 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

You’ve changed your tune

All season, you’ve wanted us to play every single youth player I’ve the first teamers at some point this season.

Now you’re slating some of them emoji23.png

No, we’ve now seen these players…or not seen, which is feedback too.

Bow appears a miss…very little action on loan and an injury for a good time.

Mahady got little playing time at a bad Cowdenneath and isn’t playing for the Shippy.

Coulson got some time for Cowdenbeath and somewhat impressed.

Mitchell is rampaging at Bo’ness…but that is LL.

Arnott looks good.

Young seems competent.

Masson is an unknown.

Hardly slating, reviewing a season’s work.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

OK, let’s look. First, to me young players is 21 and under…but I’ll go to 25 and under for this:

Tumilty, 25 and Premiership capable…plus out of contract.

Musonda, 24 and potentially quality, but unproven as yet…plus out of contract.

Connolly, 26

Gullan, 22 and didn’t show necessary ability at last attempt…may be able to develop though.

Stanton, 28

Matthews, 25 and maybe has potential, maybe not.

Zanatta, 25 and too inconsistent.

Lang, 24 and Premiership capable.

Spencer, 26 (and out of contract)

Ross, 20 and needs development, but appears capable.

Arnott, 18 and completely unknown, but looks promising.

Mitchell, 18 and looks good at a very low level, needs development.

Coulson, 18 and looks decent at a low level, good engine, needs skills improvement.

Young, 17 or 18 and unknown.

To be honest, that’s not a Premiership squad core by any means.

No, we’ve now seen these players…or not seen, which is feedback too.

Bow appears a miss…very little action on loan and an injury for a good time.

Mahady got little playing time at a bad Cowdenneath and isn’t playing for the Shippy.

Coulson got some time for Cowdenbeath and somewhat impressed.

Mitchell is rampaging at Bo’ness…but that is LL.

Arnott looks good.

Young seems competent.

Masson is an unknown.

Hardly slating, reviewing a season’s work.

Bow is looking to leave, Mahady will be released from his contract and I struggle to see how Coulson impressed when he struggled for a starting position in a piss poor Cowdenbeath side.