Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

They’ve not long put out a statement saying they’ve not even interviewed anyone but have got a short list, maybe your source is talking pish (or he could be right)….. 

remember Thomson was supposedly a done deal at Killie but opted against it for Derek McInnes, I think Dundee will try go all out for Jack Ross, someone that knows the league and has gotten out of it..

tbh no one knows at this point there’s so many names banded about for both jobs don’t know what’s true 

I think if Thomson does come to us it will be because he didn’t get the Dundee job, Ross would be a great appointment for Dundee tbh but I think with what they are saying earlier in the week they want a young upcoming coach with strachan being his mentor for me that says Thomson 

28 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

They’ve not long put out a statement saying they’ve not even interviewed anyone but have got a short list, maybe your source is talking pish (or he could be right)….. 

remember Thomson was supposedly a done deal at Killie but opted against it for Derek McInnes, I think Dundee will try go all out for Jack Ross, someone that knows the league and has gotten out of it..

tbh no one knows at this point there’s so many names banded about for both jobs don’t know what’s true 

I'll be very surprised if Jack Ross takes a job in Scotland. He never relocated to Scotland when Hibs manager and his family appear settled down south.

I want Ian Murray. Iv always wanted Ian Murray and I actually want him more now after looking in to Thomson more. Liam fox getting the job would be largely underwhelming. A guy who was replaced by Gary fucking locke after doing a shit job. Mcpake got lucky that Charlie Adam decided to turn up in the playoffs against us. Mckinnon is a snake. So Murray it is for me. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

I want Ian Murray. Iv always wanted Ian Murray and I actually want him more now after looking in to Thomson more. Liam fox getting the job would be largely underwhelming. A guy who was replaced by Gary fucking locke after doing a shit job. Mcpake got lucky that Charlie Adam decided to turn up in the playoffs against us. Mckinnon is a snake. So Murray it is for me. 

Yeah fox would be very underwhelming for me, he might be a great coach but all I can think of is how average he was as a player for us plus the spell he had in charge of Cowdenbeath. First choice would be Murray for me then going with the names mentioned probably mcpake but we need to get a move on with this now

This is all so pish I'm coming round to the idea of McKinnon. What a carry on.

The proverbial blind man running for a bus could have seen the bumper crop of managerial vacancies emerging, but here we are, a week after the post closed and still not completed interviews. It's 2022. If people are on holiday they can conduct Zoom meetings, to at least begin the process. We could / should have been shortlisting throughout the process and could have been interviewing too, but no. At the coo's tail and every chance we'll get shat on.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

May I offer you a Callum Davidson?

Yes please.  Far more appealing that any of the other candidates.

Always speaks eloquently and honestly and doesn't tweet about the Rangers.

Not really any idea how his teams play but he'd be better than any of the guys we realistically have a chance of appointing.

Surely he's got enough credit in the bank that he'd get the chance to get you back up though even if you were relegated? 

Edited by stevoraith

9 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Yes please.  Far more appealing that any of the other candidates.

Always speaks eloquently and honestly and doesn't tweet about the Rangers.

Not really any idea how his teams play but he'd be better than any of the guys we realistically have a chance of appointing.

Surely he's got enough credit in the bank that he'd get the chance to get you back up though even if you were relegated? 

He's a great manager and you'd be lucky to get him, i think you should make your move before our game tonight.

As undoubtedly hilarious as Dunfermline getting relegated was, my fear was that we would be shopping in the same market as them and Dundee.  I have this terrible feeling that we will be left with whoever they don't go for, and giving the slim pickings with regards to a first choice - its a bit daunting. 

39 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

As undoubtedly hilarious as Dunfermline getting relegated was, my fear was that we would be shopping in the same market as them and Dundee.  I have this terrible feeling that we will be left with whoever they don't go for, and giving the slim pickings with regards to a first choice - its a bit daunting. 

We need to lose the inferiority complex to them, Dunfermline historically are a big club but times have changed, if offered both jobs I would say we are the more attractive proposition at the moment due to being in a higher league, probably not expected to win the league but make playoffs, decent squad of players. Whoever the pars appoint needs to get them up and unless they throw a lot of money at it that is a very tough league to get out of and could cost the manager there job. Mcglynn was guilty of talking them up to much last season and disappointing we didn’t get at least one win as it’s the worst pars team I have ever seen 

It's not an inferiority complex,  it's the reality of another club looking in an already shallow pool.  

I guess the hope is that League 1 looks like an absolute terrible b*****d next season.

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

We need to lose the inferiority complex to them, Dunfermline historically are a big club but times have changed, if offered both jobs I would say we are the more attractive proposition at the moment due to being in a higher league, probably not expected to win the league but make playoffs, decent squad of players. Whoever the pars appoint needs to get them up and unless they throw a lot of money at it that is a very tough league to get out of and could cost the manager there job. Mcglynn was guilty of talking them up to much last season and disappointing we didn’t get at least one win as it’s the worst pars team I have ever seen 

It depends on what motivates the manager. Is it salary and the size of the playing budget, or the chance to manage at the highest level possible as quickly as possible?

Unless it's the latter, we've no chance of competing with the Pars. The fact McGlynn has already went to Falkirk is not a good sign in that regard.

23 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It's not an inferiority complex,  it's the reality of another club looking in an already shallow pool.  

I guess the hope is that League 1 looks like an absolute terrible b*****d next season.

The harsh reality is that there clubs in the league below that are not totally fucked with debt, have cash in the bank and/or have the organic scope to operate a larger budget than we can. We already lost our manager to such a club and will inevitably lose a couple of players also. 

Budgets are absolutely important. If we can't offer a decent one, any prospective manager knows they are basically fighting a relegation battle. A manager that can afford to be choosy will not sign up for that and risk their reputation being sullied with a February firing. 

28 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It depends on what motivates the manager. Is it salary and the size of the playing budget, or the chance to manage at the highest level possible as quickly as possible?

Unless it's the latter, we've no chance of competing with the Pars. The fact McGlynn has already went to Falkirk is not a good sign in that regard.

We honestly don’t know about the budget and my gut feeling is we were happy to let Mcglynn go to try and draw a line under the DG stuff. I think like when Barry Smith left for not getting funds for a player but Mcglynn did more money will be given to new boss.

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The harsh reality is that there clubs in the league below that are not totally fucked with debt, have cash in the bank and/or have the organic scope to operate a larger budget than we can. We already lost our manager to such a club and will inevitably lose a couple of players also. 

Budgets are absolutely important. If we can't offer a decent one, any prospective manager knows they are basically fighting a relegation battle. A manager that can afford to be choosy will not sign up for that and risk their reputation being sullied with a February firing. 

Mcglynn could be the man who is fired in February if they don’t hit the ground running, no one knows outside the board how our budget will look, wait till we sign players then we can gauge if it’s been cut.

28 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

We honestly don’t know about the budget and my gut feeling is we were happy to let Mcglynn go to try and draw a line under the DG stuff. I think like when Barry Smith left for not getting funds for a player but Mcglynn did more money will be given to new boss.

It has been widely repeated on here and elsewhere that Barry Smith wasn’t given extra funds when he asked for them, which then led to him resigning, but McGlynn was then given a budget to strengthen us when he came in after. The fact it’s happened before, that we’ve “lowballed” or “managed out” a manager previously, makes it all the more likely in my eyes that that’s potentially what has happened here with McGlynn. Perhaps the board thought it a better look to have McGlynn leave with us having offered a contract than not, maybe they knew all along it was an offer he wouldn’t/couldn’t accept.

Mad as it seems it probably will be the case that whoever we bring in will be offered a different budget to what was on the table for McGlynn. I’m fairly certain there were people in our boardroom who either weren’t overly keen or actively didn’t want to retain McGlynn. I’m not convinced he would have even seen the season out without our Challenge Cup run.

That said, it doesn’t change the fact that for some the like of Falkirk and Dunfermline in League One can be a more attractive prospect than ourselves in the Championship. That’s just the way it is right now.

Edited by Enigma